Zack appears as a playable character.
In his short and tragic life, with dreams of becoming a hero, this SOLDIER discovered too late the darkness that lurked in the 1st Class. Yet clutching to his pride and the dreams of those who had fallen, he battled on...Zack's CollectaCard
Zack appears as a playable character and is the main representative of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. He can be available from the start by transferring save data from the second demo. However, if the player did not select him among their party of four, or download the demo, he can later be unlocked by collecting Red Crystal Shards.
He is an Offense oriented character. His Limit Break, Meteor Shots, deals damage in proportion to his Magic.
Zack is an ally and a summonable Legend. He is depicted in his Final Fantasy VII outfit.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
Zack appears as a summonable Champion.
- Who's Who
- CV: Rick Gomez / Kenichi Suzumura
- Age in Grymoire: 20
- Notes: Shinra SOLDIER First Class / Come and get it / Cloud's friend / Sturdy / One date
- Long before Reynn and Lann appeared in Grymoire, a catastrophic incident revolving around Shinra occurred, during which Zack sacrificed his life to protect his Cloud. Cloud has borne the burden of Zack's death ever since.
- Mako, which exists in small amounts in Grymoire, is said to be derived from a massive flow of spiritual energy known as the Lifestream. It was here that Zack's soul sunk into after death, but due to Shinra's use of the mysterious life-form Jenova's powers, Zack finds himself alive again on Grymoire. The world had called upon a new Champion to arise, and now a miracle has occurred...
- Soon after returning to life, the dense mako energy in the place where he awoke (and the residual mako energy within his body) puts Zack into a state of total frenzy while battling Mirages. It is only when Bahamut siphons all of the mako out of him nourishment that Zack returns to his normal state. Back to his usual spirited self, Zack is guided by Hauyn to a reunion with his friend Cloud. What new adventures-or new battles-await him, nobody knows...
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY VII
Zack has appeared on numerous fire-elemental cards.
Zack appears on a Triple Triad card in the version playable via Final Fantasy Portal App.
Zack is a secret playable character unlocked by finishing the game with all the Final Fantasy VII characters. He functions more or less as a clone of Cloud in the arcade, versus, and minigame events. Like Cloud, he fights both hand-to-hand and with the Buster Sword, and has renamed versions of Cloud's techniques, including Meteo Shots, High Braver, True Cross-slash, and Unseen Omnislash.
Zack's fighting style is identical to Cloud's fighting style even his unique ability to wield the Buster Sword and to utilize few of his Limit Breaks. However the names of Cloud's Limit Break was later renamed to his own moves. His win animation is identical to Cloud's win animation.
In Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, a slightly younger version of Zack appears in the Olympus Coliseum world. He wears a Hercules-based version of his SOLDIER uniform and uses his original sword from Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-. He is shown fighting Terra, talking with Ventus, and flirting with Aqua, in the similar manner he flirted with Aerith in Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-. He even asks Aqua out on a date. He retains his habit of doing squats. During the credits of the final episode of Birth by Sleep, he stands in the doorway of the Coliseum (much like he did at the end of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) watching Phil stand on Hercules while Hercules is doing push-ups. While Zack is in the doorway, he spots a single black feather falling, signifying the presence of Sephiroth.
According to an interview with Famitsu magazine, Tetsuya Nomura stated Zack was included due to his status as a character from the past in Final Fantasy VII, to tie into Birth by Sleep taking place ten years before Kingdom Hearts. He is the only Final Fantasy character (aside from moogles) to appear in the game because Nomura felt the series would have too many side stories, which could confuse some players. A remix of the "Successor" theme from Crisis Core, titled "A Date with Fate", is featured in the game.
He appears in Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], on several medals.