"Yuna's Ballad" is a theme associated with Yuna in Final Fantasy X-2. Unlike Yuna's character theme, "Yuna's Ballad" is an emotional and sorrowful leitmotif, most notably played during YRP's fight against Bahamut in the Bevelle Underground and moments where Yuna thinks about Tidus. It also plays during Gug's fiend tale ending.
A vocal version called, "Kimi e" (君へ。, To you?), sung by Yuna's Japanese voice actress, Mayuko Aoki, was included on the Final Fantasy X-2: Vocal Collection - Yuna album. It also appears on the Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission Original Soundtrack, and plays during Final Fantasy X-2 Last Mission's closing scenes.
Lyrics[edit | edit source]
Kanji[edit | edit source]
Rōmaji[edit | edit source]
English translation[edit | edit source]
- Surrounded by the sound of rain that reminds me of sighing
- I realize that words are powerless
- I can only convey one thing
- So I touch your cold cheek with my palm and feel
- With ephemeral warmth
- I'll fill the gap between the two of us, and let my heart beat
- I'm going to make this moment resonate
- I can share this moment with you, so close your eyes
- In the afternoon when I walk with you, I suddenly think for no reason
- Maybe these days will eventually come to an end
- Rather than listening to the voice of premonition
- So we smile at each other, our palms overlapping, believing
- With a small amount of warmth
- I believe that the two of us are bound by the bond of life
- I'm going to caress you, burn your love, and dye this moment
- A world where everything is shifting
- Even though my dream of wanting to stop time is gone
- The moment I live with you now is not a dream...
- The ephemeral warmth
- Even though we are far apart
- I'll carry the thoughts of the moment my soul trembled into tomorrow
- I'll never forget the palm of your hand
- I'll never forget you
- I will reach you, and we will meet again
- Beyond even the darkness
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
"Yuna's Ballad" is the second song, arranged and performed by Hiroko Kokubu.
The single includes a version using live instruments.