I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
Xelphatol (ゼルファトル, Zerufatoru?) is a dungeon in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, released in Patch 3.4, Soul Surrender. The homeland of the Ixal, it can be found on the map to the northeast of Coerthas, north of the Black Shroud, and northwest of Gyr Abania.
Story[edit | edit source]
Forced to flee the Black Shroud for fear of the elementals and their boundless wrath, the Ixal settled the windswept mountains of Xelphatol more than five hundred and fifty years ago. Since that day, they have labored tirelessly to eke out an existence in these harsh and unforgiving lands, slowly but surely expanding their dominion over the entire region. Yet the Ixal have never forgotten that which was once denied them, and so they seek divine intervention once more─to summon Garuda and beseech her strike down their enemies. In the shadow of the First Mountain, the ritual nears completion, as a brave hero once more races against time to deliver the realm from destruction.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Arrive at the Cage.
- Defeat Nuzal Hueloc.
- Arrive in the Tiachtli.
- Defeat Dotoli Ciloc.
- Eliminate impending enemies.
- Defeat Tozol Huatotl.
Progression[edit | edit source]
The Wishbone[edit | edit source]
Moving up the mountain the party is faced against numerous enemies, and boulders that fall onto the arena constantly, giving the players or enemies a vulnerability up debuff.
The Cage[edit | edit source]
The first boss of the instance is against the boss Nuzal Hueloc, an Ixal strapped to a hot air balloon. He will fire bursts of air with his guns from on high and summon Ixal's to help him fight. He will also summon air stones to make him invulnerable or his floating turret.
- Wind Blast- Nuzal will shoot a line AoE at a random player.
- Long Burst- The tank will got a windburn debuff.
- Short burst- moderate damage to tank.
- Lift- Nuzal will lift off into the air and the only way to bring him down is to defeat the turret and stand directly under him to pop the balloon.
- Air Raid-Once in the air Nuzal will hit all players with wind damage.
Tapaxoli[edit | edit source]
After defeating Nuzal the rest of the Ixals are alerted of your presence and attempt to stop you with all of their forces. They bring out Goobues, and countless Ixal to stop your progress.
Tlachtli[edit | edit source]
Further on in the dungeon the player will face Dotoli Ciloc, an Ixal with a giant fan that can knockback players
- On Low- A conal AoE in front of the boss
- On High-Dotoli will move to the center of the arena and begin casting, at the end of the cast everyone will be knocked back, players need to stand in front of the barracks, or they will be knocked into the spikes.
- Swiftfeather- The boss will gain haste for a few seconds.
- Dark Wings- A random player will get a target marker, and leave a wind circle that deals damage.
The First Mountain[edit | edit source]
Moving further up the mountain enemies will be brought out by Warballoons and these need to be destroyed or they will leave and bring more enemies to the battlefield. Once the last enemy of the group is defeated, they will drop an Airstone that can be used on a Tailwind Relic to move forward.
After defeating three hot air balloons the player is faced with two more enemies before facing the person conducting the Garuda summoning.
The Vortex[edit | edit source]
Tozal Huatotl is the one conducting the summoning ceremony a strong foe, who deals high wind damage to players.
- Ixali Aero III- Tozol will smash the ground and deal wind damage to all players in the arena
- Hawk- A random player will be marked with a green marker, they need to stand away from other players to avoid hitting them.
- Ixali Aero- A small tank buster
- Ixali Aero II- Tozol will face a random player and shoot a wind blast directly in front of him.
- Summon- The boss will move to the west side of the arena and summon Garuda who will use her abilities from The Howling Eye.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Abalathian Slug
- Chasm Cobra
- Chasm Harpeia
- Swiftwater Hakulaq
- Velodyna Toad
- Nuzal Hueloc
- Ixali Stitcher
- Floating Turret
- Siege Goobbue
- Xelphatol Skycaller
- Xelphatol Fogcaller
- Xelphatol Windtalon
- Xelphatol Swiftbeak
- Dotoli Ciloc
- Xelphatol Watchwolf
- Xelphatol Fatecaller
- Xelphatol Whirltalon
- Xelphatol Strongbeak
- Xelphatol Bravewing
- Abalathian Hornbill
- Tozol Huatotl
Treasure[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Tapaxoli section of the dungeon theres a pen of Shaggy Shoats, the minion that is dropped from this dungeon.