Wraith is a Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt can be undertaken after escaping from the Barheim Passage. Wraith is found in the Overflow Cloaca area of Garamsythe Waterway and will constantly cast Doom on the party.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 04: Waterway Haunting Edit
- Petitioner: Milha
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre (Lowtown)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a wraith (Rank I). The petitioner is Milha in the North Sprawl in Rabanastre's Lowtown.
- Hunt accepted. Milha explains that a child has locked himself in an abandoned house, for fear of ghosts. The wraith is to be found in the Garamsythe Waterway near the entrance from Lowtown.
- Wraith defeated! Report to Milha in the North Sprawl of Rabanastre's Lowtown.
- Hunt reported to Milha. The child did come out of hiding, but it wasn't Milha's...
Bestiary entry Edit
- Being an undead Horror, appearing quite suddenly in the Garamsythe Waterway to terrorize those who venture near. It is said Wraiths are the Coalescence of the lingering Regrets of those who perished in a tragic Accident during the Waterway's Construction. Many of those who died were Fathers, and their Thoughts for their Sons and Daughters cause this Creature to appear most often near Children. A Woman, worried for a frightened Child, posted a Bill for this Mark.
|Blizzard||HP >50% (5%)|
50% > HP > 20% (25%)
HP <20% (50%)
|Blind||Use all battle (5%)|
|Dark||HP >20% (5%)|
HP <20% (25%)
|Doom||Use all battle until all opponents have the status (100%)|
|Sleep Touch||HP >20%; until all opponents have the status (5%)|
|Poison Touch||HP >20%; until all opponents have the status (5%)|
|Magick CT0||When HP<20%|
It is best to stock up on Antidotes and Potions before the battle to deal with its Poison attacks. Potions can be used to cure party members or to deal damage to the Wraith, as the Wraith is undead and curative spells and items deplete its HP.
Immediately when Wraith shows itself, it will cast Doom at random—this can usually miss—until all party members are affected. When everyone is doomed, it will switch to physical and Poison and Sleep Touch, which inflict Poison/Sleep. At HP Critical Wraith will start using magick attacks, like Dark and Blizzard.
If inflicted with Silence, the Wraith is basically harmless; it can only use Doom and physically attack.
If one has got enough LP, getting the Remedy Lore that heals Doom is of help. Otherwise, as long as everyone's countdowns won't expire at the same moment, Doom won't be too much of a problem if the player has Phoenix Downs. Because of the Doom it is best not to pursue the hunt with Vaan alone as soon as the hunt becomes available, but to wait for Basch and/or Balthier and Fran to join before trying it.
Defeating Wraith allows the player enter a private residence in Lowtown and pick up the Dusty Letter key item. This letter is part of the three medallions sidequest later, and tells the order the sluice gates must be operated in the waterway.
Other appearances Edit
The Wraith also appears as an enemy.
Wraith is a Scottish dialectal word for "ghost," and/or "spirit".