Wivre is a genus of enemies in Final Fantasy XI. Often raised and trained by the Mamool Ja Savages, Wivre are often used as mounts for the Mamool Ja knight biological class, such as the knight overlord Lancelord Gaheel Ja.
Wivre, when not moving, appear to resist frontal and rear attacks. If attacks are made at the front or rear, the damage will be severely reduced. However, if the attacks are done from the sides, the damage appears to be normal. They gain this special "defense" after the use of "Granite Hide", which greatly increases defense to the front and the back, similar to the Quadav move "Diamond Shell", where they become immune to attacks on its shell.
Regular Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Lesser Wivre
- Mesa Wivre
Notorious Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Lancelord Gaheel Ja (Mamool Ja Knight)
- Mamool Ja Hussar (Mamool Ja Knight)
- Searing Vogaal Ja (Mamool Ja Knight)
- Sentinel Wivre
Special attacks[edit | edit source]
- Battehorn: Cone attack and Knockback.
- Boiling Blood: Haste and Berserk effects.
- Clobber: Cone Attack.
- Crippling Slam: High Cone damage and Paralyze.
- Demoralizing Roar: AoE Attack down.
- Granite Hide: Immunity to physical attacks from the front.