Wild Malboro is a Rank VI Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after the storyline events in Giruvegan. It can be found in the Redolent Glade area of the Feywood, the place where Rafflesia was fought and is assisted by some regular Malboros.
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 29: A Wild Stench[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Rena
- Petitioner's Location: Eruyt Village
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a wild malboro (Rank VI). The petitioner is Rena in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt accepted. Rena claims that the wild malboro's powerful stench has been disturbing her people. The wild malboro is to be found in the Feywood.
- Wild malboro defeated! Report to Rena in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt reported. Rena tells you those afflicted by the stench are already beginning to recover.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Being a mutant Form of Malboro, one of the few remaining in the Feywood, distinguished by its foul Breath which is several Times more rank than that of the typical Malboro. Generally regarded as a Threat to the delicate Balance of Life in the Wood, the Viera have watched it with great Disapproval. Viera Warriors have attempted its Extermination several Times, but were foiled by their own acute Sense of Smell (a considerable Disadvantage in such a Fight), and so a Bill was posted.
Stats[edit | edit source]
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Cloying Breath||HP >50% (5%)|
|Hero's March||After Soul Etude when HP <20% when Paling is not active and Wild Malboro is not under Haste (100%)|
|Purify||After Putrid Breath (100%)|
|Bad Breath||HP >20% (5%)|
|Lunge||HP >50% (25%)|
50% > HP > 20% (5%)
|Soul Etude||HP <20%; use once (100%)|
|Putrid Breath||HP >50% (25%)|
50% > HP > 50% (5%)
HP >20% when afflicted by status ailments (100%)
|Counter+||When HP <50%|
|Attack CT0||After using Soul Etude and at HP <20%|
|Magick Wall*effect lasts two minutes||After using Soul Etude and at HP <20%|
Battle[edit | edit source]
Wild Malboro is flanked with a few Malboros, and both types of monsters will inflict a plethora of status ailments. In HP Critical Wild Malboro's Defense will increase, as well as its rate of inflicting status ailments on the party. When its HP is critical, Wild Malboro may use Soul Etude to fully replenish its HP. It can also set up a physical paling.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The player should bring a healthy stock of Remedies and have all its Lores. Equipping long-ranged weapons to bash Wild Malboro from afar might be a good idea; a powerful gun with Windslicer Shots is useful. Casting Decoy on the party's tank and positioning them so Wild Malboro is not facing the other party members can limit the number of party members affected by Putrid Breath and other attacks. One might want to bring Hi-Ethers or Elixirs to replenish MP.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 4,600 gil
- Euclid's Sextant