Although physically weak, the White Mage can choose from a broad array of healing and defensive magic spells.
Dawn of Souls instructions
The White Mage is the most potent supportive class available to the Warriors of Light in the original Final Fantasy. The job uses White Magic to ease the suffering of wounded companions and bolster their defenses. They can wield staves and hammers in combat. The class's sprites have a more feminine appearance than the other jobs in the game. While no gender is specified within Final Fantasy itself, the White Mage's sprites have been made progressively more feminine with each revision of the job's appearance.
In the Final Fantasy: Memory of Heroes official novelization, one of the Warriors of Light is a White Mage named Flora (フロウ, Furō?). The only woman in the group of four, she carries a shard of the Water Crystal. She is a kind, gentle, and motherly youth, but is also fearsome when angered.
White Wizard[edit | edit source]
After completing the Citadel of Trials, all White Mage party members are upgraded to the rank of White Wizard (しろまどうし, Shiromadoushi?, lit. White Sorcerer). Their hood is removed, revealing their full face and hair. The White Wizard can learn and cast all White Magic spells, and, from the Dawn of Souls remake on, use unique White Wizard weapons.
Default names[edit | edit source]
The ten names for the White Mage class are:
- Elia - Character in Final Fantasy III.
- Jenica - Character in Final Fantasy V.
- Kuku - Character in Final Fantasy VI.
- Luca - Character in Final Fantasy IV.
- Mikoto - Character in Final Fantasy IX.
- Noah - Character in Final Fantasy III.
- Ruby - Character in Final Fantasy IX.
- Sara - Character in Final Fantasy III.
- Sarina - Character in Final Fantasy III.
- Sherko - Character in Final Fantasy III.