Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Where to Go page!
Where to Go is a time-limited event where Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Vivi: I wonder where Mr. Laguna went... I thought we told him not to wander off.
- Rinoa: Hey there! Looking for someone?
- Onion Knight: ...Yeah. We got separated from one of our friends. He's got a lousy sense of direction, so we gotta keep an eye on him...
- Rinoa: Hmm... It sounds like he might be lost... Alright then. I'll help you look for him!
- Ace: Don't worry about it. This is our problem.
- Rinoa: I knew it! You're no ordinary student!
- Rinoa: Some of my friends are students, too, so I'd feel terrible if I didn't help you out.
- Onion Knight: But there are a lot of monsters in this area...
(The party is alerted to nearby monsters)
- Vivi: Oh no! There they are! Get behind us, miss!
- Rinoa: Don't worry about me. I'll protect you!
(Rinoa runs ahead)
- Vivi: M-miss!? Don't just run off like that! It's dangerous!
- Ace: Come on. Let's go!
(The party finishes the battle)
- Rinoa: Yay! We did it!
- Onion Knight: What were you thinking, running off like that!? Be more careful!
- Rinoa: But we won, didn't we?
- Rinoa: You're all so strong, there was nothing to worry about. Thanks for having my back!
- Onion Knight: I-I guess... Well, I'm glad nothing happened. But next time, be more careful...
- Ace: It's rare to see you being so agreeable.
- Onion Knight: There's not much I can do about it, not with her looking so darn happy...
- Vivi: You worried about our safety and fought those monsters, even though we just met...
- Vivi: You're so kind.
- Rinoa: Not at all. I was just keeping a promise. I said I would help, and I'm no quitter!
- Vivi: Even so, I really appreciate the help.
- Vivi: I'm glad to have you with us.
- Rinoa: I know it's hard to help everyone in the world, but I still want to do as much as I can for the people I meet.
- ???: I thought I heard noises coming from this way... Hmm...
(Laguna and Quistis arrive)
- Quistis: I'm sorry, but if you don't know where we're going, just say so...
- Onion Knight: Laguna! Where were you!?
(The party joins up)
- Rinoa: Quistis! What're you doing here!?
- Quistis: Rinoa! You're here, too?
- Rinoa: What do you mean? Should I not be here?
- Laguna: A friend of yours, Quistis?
- Rinoa: Huh? You're so...young...
- Laguna: Another strange response... Have we met before?
- Ace: She helped us fight some monsters earlier. Looks like she's one of Quistis's friends, though.
- Quistis: That's correct. Rinoa is from our world. I can't say I'm surprised she was called here, though.
- Rinoa: Called? By who? ...What are you guys talking about?
(Rinoa and Serah approach the party)
- Irvine: Hey, Rinoa! We've been waiting for you!
- Rinoa: Even Irvine is here! I almost can't believe this is a different world...
- Cater: Hm? Could it be the realization hasn't hit yet? Or have you already calmed down?
- Rinoa: Yeah. But it was scary at first, hearing I was in a different world... Is everyone okay?
- Irvine: Don't worry about us. We're already used to it here.
- Rinoa: I see. So everyone's already helping out the goddess?
- Rinoa: Is there something I can do? I want to help, too!
- Balthier: Plucky lass, here. So trusting and unafraid...
- Cater: Is she a SeeD, too?
- Irvine: No. But she fought alongside us regardless.
- Rinoa: When I heard what was going on here, I was so surprised.
- Rinoa: Being in a different world, summoned by a goddess...
- Rinoa: I wasn't sure if I could do it, to be honest. But I knew that if everyone here was doing their best, so would I.
- Rinoa: I'm going to fight, too.
- Serah: I'm happy to hear it! So if you're friends with Irvine, that means...
- Squall: Rinoa!
(Rinoa and Squall run to each other)
- Rinoa: Squall! You're here, too! I'm so happy to see you!
- Squall: Are you okay? You're not hurt or...
- Rinoa: Haha! Are you worried about me, Squall?
- Squall: ...What's so funny about it?
- Serah: I wouldn't have guessed they'd be such good friends!
- Rinoa: It's nothing! I'm fine. The others helped me out. And Quistis told me all about this place.
- Rinoa: Thanks for worrying about me. I'm glad I'm here.
- Squall: ...It would've been better if you hadn't come.
- Rinoa: What!? Why!?
- Squall: I'm relieved to see you, but I didn't want you to get involved in this...
- Rinoa: Hehe. You're such a worrywart, Squall! No matter where I go, I'll be fine as long as you're there.
- Rinoa: Even in a different world, I can be of some help, can't I?
- Squall: ...You're right.
- Balthier: So the silent-type can't stop talking in front of someone close to his heart. How droll.
- Serah: I don't mind at all. In fact, I think it's wonderful!
- Vaan: Aww, it's stuck!
- Rinoa: Hmm? What's stuck?
(Rinoa, Vanille, and Layle approach Vaan, Prishe, and Terra)
- Prishe: Hehe, sorry! Guess I got carried away!
- Terra: Our ball got stuck in that tree. I'll go and grab it.
- Layle: Don't worry, I'll get it.
(Layle brings the ball down with gravity)
- Vaan: Thanks, Layle!
- Rinoa: Whoa! That's handy!
- Layle: Handy? You know it's not normal for people to do that, right?
- Layle: Back in my world, people would be running away in fear.
- Rinoa: Fear? You mean they're scared of you? ...But why?
- Layle: Because ordinary people don't have special powers like this.
- Prishe: Most people are afraid of things they don't understand. There's not much you can do about it.
- Vaan: But why? Everyone's different, aren't they?
- Terra: People crave the powers they don't have, but when it's too strong, they get scared.
- Vaan: ...I see. They think it's dangerous.
- Vanille: Even if you don't mean to use that power for evil, they're still scared...
- Rinoa: I guess it's the same everywhere. I don't think there's any reason to be afraid of you, Layle. You're a good person.
- Rinoa: I know people who will care about you, even with those powers.
- Prishe: I'm happy to hear that.
- Prishe: People hated me because of my powers...
- Prishe: But I think even having just one person who believes in you is enough.
- Terra: That's right. There was a time where I lost control of my powers and got separated from my friends.
- Terra: But they found me.
- Terra: At that time, I was afraid of myself...
- Terra: But my friends didn't fear me. Because of them, I was able to face myself.
- Vanille: ...That power isn't something you can just throw away. You have to learn to accept it.
- Layle: That's right. It's a part of you.
- Layle: So it's best to use it the way you want—without fear or hesitation.
- Rinoa: A part of me... Hehe. I'll take your advice to heart!