A particle beam that leaves only dust in its wake.
Menu description of the Cloud of Darkness's EX Burst, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Wave Cannon (波動砲, Hadōhō?), also known as Surge Beam, Surge Cannon, Beam Cannon, Particle Beam, Cannon Wave Artillery, and FlareWave, is a recurring enemy ability in the series. It typically deals large amounts of damage to the entire party. It is most often associated with the Cloud of Darkness and Omega as their signature attacks.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy
- 1.2 Final Fantasy III
- 1.3 Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- 1.4 Final Fantasy V
- 1.5 Final Fantasy VI
- 1.6 Final Fantasy VII
- 1.7 Final Fantasy XIII
- 1.8 Final Fantasy XIV
- 1.9 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
- 1.10 Final Fantasy Legend III
- 1.11 Final Fantasy Dimensions
- 1.12 Final Fantasy Legends II
- 1.13 Dissidia Final Fantasy
- 1.14 Pictlogica Final Fantasy
- 1.15 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.16 Final Fantasy All the Bravest
- 1.17 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.18 Final Fantasy Explorers
- 1.19 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.20 Mobius Final Fantasy
- 1.21 World of Final Fantasy
- 1.22 Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
- 1.23 Final Fantasy Trading Card Game
- 2 Gallery
- 3 Trivia
Wave Cannon, previously known as Beam Cannon, first appears in this game as an attack used by Soul Cannon, which deals damage to the entire party equal to half of each individual character's maximum HP as well as inflicting Sap. The superboss Omega has access to this attack as well, as does Omega Mk.II in the Game Boy Advance remake.
Wave Cannon, used by Air Force, Io, Gamma, Demon, Kaiser Dragon, and Omega Weapon, inflicts major Lightning-elemental damage to the party. It has a power of 110 with a hit rate of 150, and it cost 20 MP for the enemy to use. It is only used by Air Force after it has finished its countdown for it.
Omega can use Wave Cannon.
The Cloud of Darkness uses many versions of her Particle Beam attacks during the raid fight against her. Some other powerful Voidsent such as Calofisteri, Scathach, and Diabolos Hollow also possess certain forms of Particle Beam.
The primal Zurvan uses Wave Cannon as one of his attacks, which he fires from outside the edge of the arena in a straight-line.
Wave Cannon is an ability used by Omega.
Cannon is one of the main weapons/abilities on the Talon that can be chosen; it attacks all enemies at the beginning of battle.
Wave Cannon is the summon ability of the Omega summonstone. It continuously halves the opponent's Bravery approximately every two seconds for thirteen seconds.
The Cloud of Darkness retains all of her Particle Beam attacks from the first game, though their exact properties have been re-balanced.
The Omega summonstone returns with the same effect, still under the name "Wave Cannon".
Wave Cannon is the enemy ability that is used by Cloud of Darkness and Omega during battle.
One of the Cloud of Darkness's cards can use Ultra Particle Beam. For the discard of another Cloud of Darkness card and the payment of any amount of Water CP the player chooses, the ability decreases the power of all the opponent's Forwards by 1000 times the amount of CP paid, until the end of the turn. The same card also has a less powerful ability similar to Ultra Particle Beam, Dulling the Cloud of Darkness and paying any amount of CP to decrease the power of a single forward by 1000 times the CP paid.
- In Final Fantasy VIII, Trauma uses an attack known as Mega Pulse Cannon, while the Dromas uses an attack known as Mini Pulse Cannon. Both in the Japanese versions are known as Surge Cannons, linking them to the Wave Cannon ability.