I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
White Magick that conjures up an invisible barrier to protect the body from physical and magickal blows.
Final Fantasy Tactics description
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy II
- 1.2 Final Fantasy VII
- 1.3 Final Fantasy VII Remake
- 1.4 Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-
- 1.5 Final Fantasy VIII
- 1.6 Final Fantasy X-2
- 1.7 Final Fantasy XIV
- 1.8 Final Fantasy Type-0
- 1.9 Final Fantasy Tactics
- 1.10 Bravely Second: End Layer
- 1.11 Final Fantasy Dimensions
- 1.12 Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
- 1.13 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.14 Final Fantasy Explorers
- 1.15 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.16 Mobius Final Fantasy
- 2 Gallery
- 3 References
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Forms a magic wall, raising magic defense.
Wall blocks Black Magic spells up to its level. For instance, Wall3 will block all Black Magic spells of levels 1 to 3. A bug in the NES version will still show the blocked spell's graphics, and when used on an enemy in conjunction with a KO spell, such as Toad or Warp, that enemy will instantly die regardless of the KO spell's accuracy.
Wall is the final spell learned from the Barrier Materia after accumulating 30,000 AP on it. It adds the Barrier and MBarrier status effects to an ally and costs 58 MP to cast. Safer∙Sephiroth is the only enemy to use the spell against the party.
Manawall is the final ability of Barrier Materia, costing 20 MP to cast. It grants the Barrier and MBarrier statuses, halving both physical and magical damage to one ally for a period of time.
Wall can be cast when Zack is equipped with Wall Materia. It costs 42 MP and grants Zack Barrier and MBarrier statuses. It can be made through Materia Fusion by fusing a mastered Elemental Ward with a mastered Libra, fusing Barrier with any DMW Materia, fusing Quake with any HP Up Materia, or fusing a mastered Barrier with a mastered Elemental Ward. One can also be obtained by completing the Nibelheim wonders sidequest.
The following combinations result in Wall:
- Lunar Curtain + Potion, Hi-Potion, Ether, Phoenix Down, Mega Phoenix, Antidote, Soft, Eye Drops, Echo Screen, Holy Water, Remedy, Budget Grenade, Grenade, S-Bomb, M-Bomb, Bomb Fragment, Bomb Core, Antarctic Wind, Arctic Wind, Electro Marble, Lightning Marble, Fish Scale, Dragon Scale, Shadow Gem, Chocobo Feather, Lunar Curtain, Light Curtain, Star Curtain, Mana Spring, Stamina Spring, Soul Spring, Hero Drink, Gysahl Greens, Sylkis Greens, Mimett Greens, Pahsana Greens
- Light Curtain + Potion, Hi-Potion, Ether, Phoenix Down, Mega Phoenix, Antidote, Soft, Eye Drops, Echo Screen, Holy Water, Remedy, Budget Grenade, Grenade, S-Bomb, M-Bomb, Bomb Fragment, Bomb Core, Antarctic Wind, Arctic Wind, Electro Marble, Lightning Marble, Fish Scale, Dragon Scale, Shadow Gem, Chocobo Feather, Lunar Curtain, Light Curtain, Star Curtain, Mana Spring, Stamina Spring, Soul Spring, Hero Drink, Gysahl Greens, Sylkis Greens, Mimett Greens, Pahsana Greens
Wall is a spell that generates a barrier to block enemy gunfire. It is available at beginning and requires a Defense Magic stat of 55.
According to Square Enix's own surveys, Wall is the least used spell. Yusaku Nakaaki (art co-director) had initially brought up the concept of using familiar Final Fantasy spells in an action game, and specifically mentioned the Wall spell, imagining fighting the enemy but hiding behind a wall created by the spell. Due to the number of controllable characters the developers could not fit all the motion information in the amount of memory available. Though the player can make a wall, they would need to advance and hiding behind it would be inconvenient. Director Hajime Tabata has mused that he would like to include the action of actually hiding behind the Wall spell if there ever was a next game.
Ancient light, rise and revive! Wall!
Upon casting (PlayStation)
Wall is a spell learned by the White Mage job class for 400 JP. It costs 24 MP to use and has a speed of 25. It only targets one unit and is less accurate.
Wall is the level 3 Spellcraft for the Wizard. It allows the user to modify a spell so that it triggers as a counter to enemy physical attacks. Reflected spells will not trigger this effect. It lasts for 10 turns and costs 5 MP to use.
Reduces physical and magic damage received and raises ATK for all allies.
Deliver a vicious slash that also creates a barrier capable of nullifying attacks.