This walkthrough is closed as it is being reconstructed. Walkthrough will reopen hopefully by the end of April, or around May (if I don't slack off, lolz). Thank you!
Hiya kiddies! Squallinoa, sadly, has chosen to leave the Wiki. Sad to see him go, but as he left he entrusted his walkthrough to me. Squallinoa thought the game was awesome - I find it tolerable, at least compared to the scourge of my soul, the horror that is Mystic Quest, *shudder*. The nightmares are gonna start again...uh, right, FFVIII.
So yeah, my walkthrough now! He worked hard on this, so despite his indications I can do so I'll not be asking it be deleted. Rather, I've hollowed it out and made it my own. I put a lot more content on each page than he did, so about half of Squallinoa's original pages are deleted (or will be soon anyway). Have fun....mwa ha ha ha ha ha!
EDIT 2012 - Drake would also like to note that his humor and opinions on the game are exaggerated for laughs in this walkthrough. He would actually be one of the people to cut FF8 some slack, it's flawed but not terrible. Still, it's a good (easy) target for riffing on.
I'm not particularly fond of VIII, don't like it much at all. But, Squallinoa entrusted the walkthrough to me, so it's my duty to rework it to be better than ever. Expect a lot of pop-culture jokes, especially lots of quotations from The Spoony One. If you don't know who he is, search YouTube, watch his FF8 review and come back. I plan to quote Spoony a lot, almost once every page but not quite.
The only subquests not covered at the Chocobo's Forest and the Queen of Cards. Everything else is in here.
Boss Template[edit source]
I (Drake) use a Boss Template for my walkthroughs. The template gives the boss' minimum and maximum HP, depending on level, and what magic you can Draw from them. I also let you know what they Drop, what you can Steal from them, and what attacks of theirs to watch out for. Weakness is what the boss is weak to, and resistance is what is a bad idea to attack it with. I also rate bosses on a scale of 1 to 5;
|Rating||What it means|
|1/5||If you lose, you're a disgrace to the RPG genre|
|2/5||You shouldn't have too much trouble if you're careful|
|3/5||This boss poses a bit of a threat, but you should win|
|4/5||You'll probably die at least once fighting this boss|
|5/5||Kick your heels behind your head and kiss your ass goodbye|
- Opening and Fire Cave
- SeeD Exam - Dollet
- X-ATM092 and Training Area
- Diabolos and Triple Triad
- Laguna sequence and President's kidnapping
- President battle, Timber and Laguna sequence
- Galbadia Garden and Tomb of the Unknown King
- Assassination Attempt
- Laguna sequence and the Prison
- Missile Base, Garden and NORG
- Fisherman's Horizon
- Card Club, Lion Heart, Centra Ruins
- Balamb, Trabia, Garden Clash
- Galbadia Garden, Cerberus, Seifer and Edea
- White SeeDs, Laguna sequence, Great Salt Lake
- Esthar, Lunatic Pandora and Lunar Base
- Ragnarok, Islands of Heaven and Hell, Jumbo Cactuar
- Bahamut, Ultimate Weapons, UFO sightings, Junction Advice
- Shumi Village, Obel Lake, Deep Sea Research Center
- Lunatic Pandora, Time compression
- Ultimecia's Castle - The Seal Guardians
- Ultimecia's Castle - Omega Weapon
- Ultimecia's Castle - The Final Battle
|Final Fantasy VIII Walkthrough by Drake Clawfang|
|Top||1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10||Next page|
|11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23|
|Drake Clawfang's Walkthroughs|
|Final Fantasy IV - The After Years - Final Fantasy VI - Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VIII - Final Fantasy IX - Final Fantasy X - Mystic Quest - Dissidia 012|