Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Walk This Way page!
Walk This Way is a time-limited event where Alphinaud from Final Fantasy XIV can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- ???: Perhaps it is unwise to proceed without knowing the lay of the land...
(The rest of the party arrives)
- King: Huh? That guy looks like Alisaie...
- Cloud: I doubt it's a coincidence.
(Alphinaud approaches the party)
- ???: Excuse me. I overheard you say the name "Alisaie"...
- ???: Do you know her, perhaps?
- Lenna: Yes, we do. Are you her brother?
- Alphinaud: My apologies. My name is Alphinaud, and I am indeed Alisaie's brother. Is she around here?
- King: Yeah. She's been traveling with us ever since we met.
- Lenna: Alisaie went with Y'shtola and the others to scout out the area. Shall we take you to her?
- Alphinaud: I would appreciate it.
- Alphinaud: ...So even Y'shtola is here? What is going on?
(Cloud approaches Y'shtola and Alisaie)
- Y'shtola: What seems to be the matter?
- Cloud: We found one of yours.
(The party arrives with Alphinaud)
- Alphinaud: Alisaie! Y'shtola! Are you two alright?
- Y'shtola: Master Alphinaud!
- Y'shtola: What a relief... We have yet to gather all the Scions, but I had hope they would be fine.
- Alphinaud: A-are you alright, Y'shtola?
- King: What do you mean? She looks the same as always.
- Alphinaud: B-but she just called me "master," didn't she...?
- Alisaie: Come with me, Alphinaud.
- Alphinaud: What is the meaning of this, Alisaie? Is this some sort of joke?
- Alisaie: I understand your confusion. Let me explain what's going on.
- Alphinaud: Very well...
- Alisaie: Could you give us a moment?
- Lenna: Of course. I'm sure you've got a lot to talk about after being reunited.
- Cloud: Don't mind us.
- Alisaie: Thank you.
(Everyone leaves, except the twins)
- Alisaie: You and I are the same.
- Alphinaud: The same...?
- Alisaie: I'll tell you what I know.
- Alphinaud: ...I'm listening.
- Yda: You made it, Master Alphinaud! I'm so happy you're alright!
- Alphinaud: Yda...
- Alphinaud: ...I see. I heard the tale from Alisaie, but couldn't believe it. It seems to be true, though...
- Yda: Master Alphinaud? What's wrong?
- Papalymo: Give him a moment, Yda.
- Papalymo: He's new to this world. He needs time to adjust.
- Papalymo: Welcome, Master Alphinaud. I am glad to see you well.
- Alphinaud: ...Papalymo.
- Alphinaud: I'm happy to see both you and Yda well, too.
- Alphinaud: It's such a relief to see everyone.
- Tidus: ...I thought you'd be happier to see your friends.
- Krile: Yeah. When I met up with my grandpa, I was so excited!
- Alphinaud: ...What!? Do I not look happy?
- Krile: You looked like you wanted to smile, but couldn't. I've seen lots of grown-ups do it before.
- Alphinaud: Grown-ups... I see. I suppose I feel relief at seeing friends, but also uncertainty about the current situation.
- Tidus: Doesn't it make you want to scream real loud?
- Alphinaud: I'm not very good at expressing my emotions like that.
- Tidus: I guess you're more the calmer type.
- Krile: ...Or should we call you "Master Alphinaud" like the others?
- Alphinaud: There's no need for that.
- Alphinaud: I want to become friends with everyone, without my title. I want to stand on the forefront as equals.
- Alphinaud: Is that clear, Yda? Papalymo?
- Papalymo: Understood, Alphinaud. Is that...okay?
- Papalymo: Alisaie wished for the same. Isn't that right, Yda?
- Yda: Yes! And Alphinaud is a precious comrade to us, too.
- Alphinaud: Thank you.
- Tidus: ...You two sure are alike.
- Alphinaud: Alisaie and myself? Of course. We're twins. We were often mistaken for each other as children.
- Krile: Do you also fight with a sword and magic? It doesn't look like you have one, though...
- Alphinaud: We once studied under the same teacher, but...
- Alphinaud: Now we walk different paths, despite the circumstances of our birth.
- Tidus: Does that mean you don't use a sword?
- Alphinaud: Indeed. It's faster if I show you.
(Alphinaud turns around and spots a Bomb)
- Alphinaud: Come, Obsidian Carbuncle!
(Alphinaud summons an Obsidian Carbuncle)
- Alphinaud: This is how I fight.
- Alphinaud: I see...
- Lion: See what?
- Alphinaud: I just realized how heartening it is to have such comrades.
- Faris: The feeling's mutual. Going it alone out here can be tough.
- Lion: Right. Even if our goals are different, we can still work together.
- Alphinaud: Still, it must be difficult traversing this world with so many people...
- Alphinaud: Do you have an easy way of getting around?
- Sazh: We've got an airship, and a huge one at that.
- Alphinaud: It's a relief knowing there are airships in this world, too.
- Thancred: But there are many places you cannot go with an airship. Those we have to walk to.
- Thancred: I'm happy to see you well, Alphinaud.
- Alphinaud: You as well, Thancred.
- Alphinaud: So you proceed by foot then. That requires quite the endurance, especially for children.
- Lion: Don't worry about them. The children here refuse to be outdone by the adults.
- Faris: They've all got guts, enough to deserve a ride on my own ship.
- Sazh: Do you think you have it in you, Alphinaud?
- Thancred: Alphinaud needn't worry about such things. He takes the rear and—
- Alphinaud: Hold on. The old me may have warranted such worry, but...
- Alphinaud: I possess even more endurance than you can imagine, Thancred.
- Alphinaud: ...A lot has happened.
- Thancred: Hmm...
- Lion: In that case, going on foot shouldn't be a problem.
- Alphinaud: That's a different issue.
- Alphinaud: Walking causes more strain than you can imagine...
- Alphinaud: I've got it. I suggest taking the occasional break to avoid exhaustion.
- Sazh: Well, isn't that thoughtful of you?
- Faris: I'm with Alphinaud.
- Lion: Hehe. You're like an adviser, Alphinaud!
- Alphinaud: ...An adviser?
- Alphinaud: I do not know if my knowledge and experience are worth anything in this world, but consider me at your service.