I feel like as long as I'm with you, I can't lose. Let's keep working together!
Wakka's Trust Master reward is the throwing weapon Over the Top (ATK+117).
- 3★ - No. 0527: "A young man who appears in the tales of another world where its people are trapped in a spiral of death. Wakka is an avid blitzball player, and the optimistic captain and coach of the ill-fated Besaid Aurochs. He has known Lulu since childhood, and considers Yuna to be a part of his own family. When Tidus suddenly washes ashore the island of Besaid, Wakka can't help but see his deceased brother Chappu in the young man, and takes him under his wing. Not only that, but he also gifts Tidus with the sword that was once his younger brother's."
- 4★ - No. 0528: "A young man who appears in the tales of another world where its people are trapped in a spiral of death. Although Wakka was a passionate blitzball player, he decided to retire from the sport after his last tournament in Luca to join the summoner Yuna on her pilgrimage to defeat Sin. A positive and cheerful individual by nature, he may also intentionally avoid things that trouble him from time to time. This includes his strong dislike for the Al Bhed, who use machina as part of their lifestyle."
- 5★ - No. 0529: "A young man who appears in the tales of another world where its people are trapped in a spiral of death. Wakka is a former blitzball player who now uses the techniques he learned for the sport against his enemies by throwing his ball at them. A devoted follower of the teachings of Yevon, he strongly objects to those who use machina, particularly the Al Bhed. However, he gradually learns that Yevon itself does not follow the teachings it preaches, leading the Al Bhed to protect summoners from the very Yevon he reveres. This eye-opening experience results in change of heart for Wakka."
- 6★ - No. 0792: "A young man who appears in the tales of another world where its people are trapped in a spiral of death. Wakka is the cheerful older-brother type, though he happens to be quite conservative regarding his beliefs. At one point in his life he became unable to reconcile his feelings, and left his duties as a guardian and as a blitzball player unfulfilled. He is incredibly passionate about blitzball and a fanatic follower of the faith of Yevon. He also held a strong prejudice against the Al Bhed people, but eventually came to learn the truth surrounding his biased views during his travels."
- —Entries for different versions of Wakka.
Wakka's stats at his highest levels are as follows (with no passive abilities taken into account), along with the maximum amount of stat points that can be increased through pot-enhancements:
Wakka has four ability slots.
|ATK +10%* Passive||25|
|Bird Killer* Passive||32|
|HP +20%* Passive||38|
|Mercury Crest* Passive||68|
|Danger Guard* Passive||74|
|HP +10%* Passive||1|
|ATK +20%* Passive||1|
|Bird Killer+* Passive||85|
He can equip accessories.
|Allure Powder x25|
Esper Cryst x15
Quality Parts x10
Scripture of Time x5
Sacred Crystal x5
|Quality Parts x20|
Scripture of Time x10
Sacred Crystal x10
God's Reliquary x5
Holy Crystal x5
|Rainbow Bloom x20|
Faeries' Writ x10
Calamity Writ x10
Calamity Gem x5
Divine Crystal x5
Coach and star of the Besaid Aurochs.
|It's hard getting my mind off blitz, but now I know I need to focus on the next battle.||—|
|4★||Introducing Wakka to the field! Let's get this done.||I'm all warmed up! I'll boot away any who dare cross us!||Leave the next shot to me. I'll show you the fruits of my training!|
|5★||Well then, guess it's time. Let's give it all we've got.||This is what I'm really made of. Here it is, my super fast ball!||I'll never lose a battle! I'll defeat every monster I see! It's so easy!|
|6★||I'm pulling out all the stops! Traitors, coming through!||I'd never forgive myself--no way! Not if I ran away now.||Might be against the rules and all, but who's keeping track, ya?|