According to Nera, the petitioner, Vorpal Bunny only shows itself every seven years, and that its tail is used by viera salve-makers to create a special substance, called "Vision Dust", as a rite of passage. She posted the bill for her friend, Alja, to become a full-fledged salve-maker, as Alja herself is not quick enough to catch one because of her lame leg.
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 14: A Chase Through The Woods[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Nera
- Petitioner's Location: Eruyt Village (The Spiritwood)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a vorpal bunny (Rank III). The petitioner is Nera in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt accepted. Nera searches for a vorpal bunny tail for her friend, Alja. The vorpal bunny is to be found in Golmore Jungle.
- Vorpal bunny defeated, and tail obtained! Report to Nera in the Spiritwood of Eruyt Village.
- Hunt reported and tail delivered. Alja, learning of Nera's kindness, promises to complete her apprenticeship and become a fully-fledged salve-maker.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Being a Dreamhare possessing a distinctive dark-furred Body and feathered Ears. Its large white Tail contains a unique Oil, used by the viera for Centuries as an Ingredient in potent Unguents and Remedies. It is understandably quite wary of Man, and therefore difficult to Catch. Posted as a Mark by a kind soul hoping to help her Friend become a true Salve-Maker.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Battle[edit | edit source]
The Vorpal Bunny is a scarce creature, and will keep running away rather than fight. The player should try and keep it in their sight, as it may go underground and fully recover all damage the player had inflicted.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Trying to chase it while equipped with melee-type weapons is not recommended as the attacks will not hit. One strategy is to cast Berserk or throw Bacchus's Wines at the Vorpal Bunny, to force it to stay in one place. This will make its normal attacks do over 400 damage with good armor on, but the damage can be lowered with Protect. A long-enough Quickening chain can kill the Vorpal Bunny instantly.
It is easiest to defeat the Vorpal Bunny enemy without defeating all other enemies in the the Rustling Chapel area. If the player does, Dark Skeletons spawn over the area. Alternatively, the player can leave and reenter the area.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Nera will be waiting at the entrance to Eruyt Village, as not to let anyone from the village know she had gotten help from outsiders. She tells Vaan to follow her from a distance so that they can speak freely at a disclosed location, but they are spotted by Alja.