Voretooth is the common enemy fought in Duscae, similar to the sabertusks fought in Leide. They stalk the party by circling them and can pounce to pin the player down for a button-mashing QTE (can be blocked and parried). They are weak and easy to defeat, and thus an easy source of AP when killed with warp-strikes. They are weak to polearms, shields and ice, and resist fire and light.
A group of four Lv.18 voretooths fights in Duscae Deathmatch and All-Star Monster Mayhem in Totomostro under the team name Voracious Villains.
- Close cousin of the sabertusk. Similar to its relative, the voretooth hunts in packs and ravages crops around Duscae. Unlike the sabertusk, however, this predator developed a venom gland in its tail through evolution, which allows it to fell foes much larger than itself.
- Size: 12.92 ft. Weight: 475.1 lb.
- Ferocious vorteooth that has marked the Malacchi Hills of eastern Duscae as its territory. Concerned for wild birds inhabiting the same area, Chocobo Post owner Wiz Forlane called in a request to the Hunters to exterminate this voracious omnivore.
- Size: 13.18 ft. Weight: 481.4 lb.
- Voretooth lurking deep below the Daurell Caverns. A single one of these beasts possesses enough to plow through an entire pack of its superterranean siblings. Scientists suggest said strength is a result of adaptation to the harsh conditions of the underground.
- Size: 13.51 ft. Weight: 525.1 lb.
- Voretooth said to spend most of its time traipsing through the Balouve Mines. Although the species as a whole possesses subterranean tendencies, this particular specimen has demonstrated power far greater than that of its peers. Those who venture into the mines are advised to exercise caution—and pack a few antidotes just in case.
- Size: 14.04 ft. Weight: 533.7 lb.
|Red in Tooth and Claw||Wiz Chocobo Post||1||Voretooth x9||The Malacchi Hills (All Times)||12||2,140 gil, Hi-Elixir||★★|
Level 12 Enemy
Level 68 Enemy
Level 72 Enemy
Its Japanese name is "Qiongji". Qiongji (Chinese: 窮奇, Qióngjī, lit. "poor and strange"), also known as Qiongqi, is one of the Four Perils in Chinese mythology. It is a monstrous creature that eats people.
Its localized name uses the Latin word stem -vore, derived from vorare, "to devour".