"Village and Void" (壊れた郷, Kowareta Kyō?, lit. Destroyed Hometown) is the main background theme for Oerba in 200 and 400 AF in Final Fantasy XIII-2. It was composed and arranged by Naoshi Mizuta with vocals by Joelle. The lyrics were written by DAGMUSIC.
"Village and Void - Aggressive Mix -" (壊れた郷-Aggressive Mix-, Kowareta Kyō -Aggressive Mix-?, lit. Destroyed Hometown -Aggressive Mix-) is an arrangement of the theme that plays when monsters appear on the field in Oerba.
The official lyrics were released on the Final Fantasy XIII-2: Original Soundtrack.
- Just as the light begins to fade to dark
- The moaning wind sings songs to my forebodings
- Am I alone with no one watching o'er
- If I do fall will no one come to save me
- Oh cursed fates eternally
- Delivering your doom
- But know true hope is born
- My faith is stronger than your agonies
- Hope survives your pain
- Though Prophecies foretell us of the End
- It doesn't mean that we have to believe them
- Hope's burdens weigh me down oh this is true
- But they bring life that truly does sustain me
- I'll conquer time, defeat it
- I'll change the past, my future
- If any Gods are listening
- Answer my prayers
"Village and Void" plays in the ruins of Oerba in 200 and 400 AF. The track's name refers to the abandoned village disappearing into a void due to a time paradox. The theme plays all throughout the town sans the Temporal Rifts that Serah and Noel must solve to banish the paradoxes and restore the remains of the town.
Both versions are the 12th and 13th tracks of disc 2 on the Final Fantasy XIII-2: Original Soundtrack.