The Valentione's Day is an annual event in Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV themed after the real world's Valentine's Day. In the event, players can obtain different rewards based on the festivity's theme.
The Valentione's Day is an annual event in Final Fantasy XIV, and just like the other annual events, the three city-states of Eorzea and the residential districts (Shirogane included) are decorated for the event.
A relevant character through the event's editions is Lisette de Valentione.
The 2018 edition introduced the seasonal instance of the Valentione's Ceremony, reappearing every year since.
The hills are alive with the sound of bells and laughter as the ever-popular Valentione's Day draws near.
- Time: 1 February, 2011 - 15 February, 2011
- Item: Powdered Sugar
Nothing Says Lovin’ like Consecrated Chocolate
That season of love is nearly upon us—that magical time of year when we turn to chocolate-scented kisses to convey the love we hold in our hearts. Yes, Valentione's Day is fast approaching! Indeed, it appears The Harbor Herald, unable to contain its feelings any longer, has already published an article in eager anticipation!
- Time: 1 February, 2012 - 14 February, 2012
- Gear: Paramour's Pendant, Platinum Paramour's Pendant, Band of Eternal Passion
- Item: Consecrated Chocolate
- Achievement: "Love Me Tender", "B.F.F.", "Did It Mostly for the Glory of Love", "Love Makes the World Go Round"
- Title: Messenger of Love (M/F)
Ardor and Affection
The air is sweet with the smell of confectionary delights, made sweeter still by the sight of young lovers seen in every corner Eorzea. The season of love is finally upon us—Valentione's Day has made its return! Word has it that an Ishgardian noble accompanied by several retainers has arrived in Limsa to enliven this joyous occasion, and the Harbor Herald has wasted no time in investigating their plans to spread ardor throughout the realm.
- Time: 4 February, 2014 - 17 February, 2014
- Gear: Valentione Set, Paramour's Pendant, Platinum Paramour's Pendant, Band of Eternal Passion
- Items: Prismatic Heart (Left), Prismatic Heart (Right)
- Achievement: "Spreading the Love"
- Official 2014 website
The buds of ardor and affection shall soon bloom, but who will receive the tender blossom that is your love?
Though the winter winds still blow and bite, the tender blossoms of love still thrive in Eorzea. City streets are lined with fanciful shades of scarlet and pink, and hearts are aflutter as we welcome the return of Valentione’s Day! Lady Lisette of House Valentione has ventured forth from Ishgard to ensure no tender confession goes unheard, nor any love go unrequited. Adventurers who would hasten cupid’s arrows are encouraged to seek her out and aid in her labors of love.
- Time: 3 February, 2015 - 16 February, 2015
- Chocobo: Paramour Barding
- Furnishing: Flame of Passion, Valentione's Cake
- Achievement: "Love Actually"
- Title: Cupid
- Official 2015 website
What Fate Do the Cards Hold? Wonder No Longer -The Fortune- Tellers See All!
Lisette de Valentione has once again ventured forth from Ishgard, this time with a band of fortune-tellers who will divine the romantic potential of Eorzea's sweethearts. Adventurers curious to know what the future holds are encouraged to seek her out!
- Time: 2 February, 2016 - 15 February, 2016
- Gear: Black-feathered Flat Hat, Red-feathered Flat Hat, Paramour's Earrings, Platinum Paramour's Earrings
- Furnishing: Paramour Bed, Broken Heart Chair (Left), Broken Heart Chair (Right)
- Achievement: "If You Believe in Love after Life"
- Official 2016 website
Just who will be the object of your ardor and affection?
‘Tis the season for ardor and affection! Once again Lisette de Valentione and her retinue have made the journey from far-off Ishgard to share the love with adventurers the realm over. Those in search of true love’s kiss should seek Lisette out before the season comes to a close!
- Time: 2 February, 2017 - 15 February, 2017
- Emotes: Dote
- Minions: Angel of Mercy
- Furnishing: Paramour Vase
- Orchestrion Rolls: The Kiss
- Achievement: "I Kiss You"
- Official 2017 website
Put the strength of your bond to the test in the Valentione's Ceremony, kupo!
Brace yourselves and embrace your innermost feelings, for Valentione’s Day is come to Eorzea once more! Whether you are luckless in love or blissfully bonded, Lisette de Valentione and her retinue would see to it that none are without ardor and affection during this most passionate of seasons. And remember: love comes not to those who wait, but those who participate!
- Time: 2 February, 2018 - 15 February, 2018
- Mounts: Broken Heart (left), Broken Heart (right)
- Furnishing: Rose Wagon, Valentione's Day Balloons, Valentione's Day Advertisement
- Achievement: "Exciting and New"
- Official 2018 website
Love and affection-it's not just for couples!
Love is in the air, and Astrid has big plans for this year's Valentione's Day. Those who would lend a helping hand in sharing her message of ardor and affection are encouraged to seek her out.
- Time: 31 January, 2019 - 19 February, 2019
- Gear: Gigas Greatsword, Tonberry Knife
- Furnishing: Stuffed Mammet, Valentione Lobster Platter, Valentione Cake Pairing
- Achievement: "Cupid"
- Official 2019 website
Three Emissaries of Ardor Vie for Your Affection!
Lisette's three protégés are competing to see which of them most deserves to assume the role of emissary of love for this year's festival. To that end, a vote will be held to decide who among them can offer the most inspired and insightful advice to Eorzea's lovelorn.
- Time: 29 January, 2020 - 17 February, 2020
- Gear: Valentione Rose Set, Valentione Forget-me-not Set, Valentione Acacia Set
- Furnishing: Chocolate Fountain
- Items: Valentione's Day Chocolate
- Achievement: "Warrior of Love"
- Official 2020 website
- Though Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV have similar seasonal events, this is one of the two events that share the same name. The other being the Starlight Celebration.