|T A C T I C A N G E L |
T A L K - A R C H I V E S
Please feel free to leave questions, comments, or concerns below. I am around the Wiki at least a few times each week. If you need immediate assistance (like if there is something akin to a 'Wikimergency!'), the best place to get immediate assistance is [the IRC Channel, Channel #Wikia-FF]. You are bound to find a member of our staff, or potentially even me.
If you have questions about how things can be done, please consult the FAQ to see if its listed there, first. I mention this because it is not possible for me to immediately answer all questions. Also, if you leave a note, please try to sign your post.
As a general rule, if you post a message on this page, the answer will also be left on this page.
- 1 Talk
- 1.1 Staff Discussion
- 1.2 In case you haven't seen...
- 1.3 FFXIV Content Location
- 1.4 Bureaucrat
- 1.5 FNC: FF
- 1.6 Off-topic:talktext permission
- 1.7 Using Template:Talk
- 1.8 Final Fantasy Dimensions
- 1.9 Closet Confidential idea
- 1.10 Closet Confidential: Final Fantasy is live!
- 1.11 FF OSTs
- 1.12 Regarding the LP
- 1.13 Affiliations
Staff Discussion[edit source]
Hi there TA. What with the Staff Discussion 2013 forum being protected several days ago as our decided time limit for nominations had passed, us at the IRC wondered earlier when you might next be available to offer your thoughts and decide ultimately who gets the honours this year. Sorry to bother you. Tia-Lewise 21:16, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
In case you haven't seen...[edit source]
There is a forum with members of the community voicing displeasure over alleged disregard for the democratic process during the staff promotions. I just want to make sure you've seen this and are aware of the situation before this is taken anywhere. JBed (talk) 13:22, July 21, 2013 (UTC)
FFXIV Content Location[edit source]
I wanted to post a quick question for the administrators here about the content of Final Fantasy XIV, so if you could share this also with members of the team that weren't directly contacted, it would be much appreciated :)
Obviously all of you are much more knowledgeable about the game series than I am, so I'd like your opinion on where the content for the game should be placed and where best it would benefit the players:
- On the this wiki
- On a specific FFXIV wiki
If the second, would you be willing to assist in revamping the existing FFXIV wiki?
Thanks for your time and input!
sorry, i couldn't help but notice when Raylan's message was posted and would like to make a couple of quick comments which would likely make some sense regardless of the direction this wiki takes wrt XIV content. incoming wall-of-text.
1) this may sound a bit harsh but for any wiki that intends to start off on FFXIV now from scratch, they will have a lot of catching up to do because XIV has 3 years of gameplay + 2 years of development history before that. thankfully we do have a number of editors here that care about XIV and actively update changes as XIV transitions into ARR. It would thus arguably be better to work off here than to start from scratch.
2) from my experience with working on FFXI's wiki, I will assure you that with the number of XIV contributors we have here right now, won't be able to do a sufficient job. This really is given the MMO nature of the game and the fact that it is constantly expanding, so editors have to take a lot of effort to keep up. A game of its scale needs dozens of editors to constantly update the game with each patch, and to spread their focus in different areas as each editor may not necessarily be familiar with what the other handles.
3) manpower can be managed, but that boils down to the focus of the wiki - FFXIs wiki community is particularly fragmented: theres ffxiclopedia, gamerescape (which the original owners who sold xiclopedia to wikia decided to export their wiki to) which both receive varying degrees of editing, bgwiki which is the go-to- place for endgame stuff, and the rest are irrelevant. Then there is us. From a practical standpoint, the lesser the number of wikis there are, the more likely that each wiki will have good contributions and be able to maintain their content. When I started out on XI content on this wiki, my focus of contributing here was not to duplicate what the other XI wikis already had but to focus on the elements that are often overlooked (eg. lore), and also to give more attention to the game from a FF series point of view. The dedicated wikis are often very strategy-based, rarely use NPOV and have issues with follow MoS if any and even they have trouble keeping up with all the details.
4) while its probably ideal that players peruse only 1 wiki for their XIV needs, i fear that it would dilute the FF community if it were to take place here. i don't care for wikipolitics but can definitely see it being an issue if a game of this particular size begins overwhelming the rest of the content here. as TA has mentioned there definitely needs to be an evaluation of how measured our approach to coverage is. If XI is supposed to set a precedent i'd be sad to say it isn't doing much of one right now as there's very much to catch up on and very few editors are working on it, altho after 3 years of working on and off it the skeletal structure is slowly coming together. XIV has the benefit of having less to work with and given the remake nature of ARR, one would be forgiven if he decides to start from scratch because a lot of what used to be is totally different.
there are probably like a dozen wikis out there vying to be the wiki for XIV. given the failure of XIV 1.0 and lack of any good wikis back then, i'd say its a level playing field and any wiki has a good chance of creating a good community for the game. afaik this wiki is already the go-to wiki for general XIV lore, so I can foresee a niche in that area at the very least. it all depends on what else we intend to cover.just some thoughts. sorry for the wall
Thanks for the input, guys :) What we did was go ahead and recreate the FFXIV: ARR wiki from scratch. We're still importing information from official sources, but it is ready for anyone that might be wanting to contribute to it. We've got some crosslinking in articles directing to here as well. We'd love to expand some of the pages with the info you've got here, if that's okay with you.
If you (or anyone else) do go over there and find yourself poking around, keep in mind we're trying to maintain the visual style of the main page throughout the site. There's also openings for admins if anyone is interested (normal quality/quantity of edits caveats apply). Raylan13 (talk) 18:08, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
Hi TA. Could I get your opinion on this? I'd like to talk to you personally on IRC as well.
FNC: FF[edit source]
Hello. As I was reading some articles, I saw that a non-existing template, being this one, on this article. When I searched for Agito, it says on the result that it is the FF-0, and stated that it was the original name of the series. So, is it a mistake, or the template hasn't been made yet?
- No, this is correct. Final Fantasy Type-0 was originally called Agito XIII. I assume the template is there so people who don't know it has been renamed can still find it when they type Agito into the search bar. I could be wrong and it might just need removing. Tia-Lewise 18:04, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
Off-topic:talktext permission[edit source]
Using Template:Talk[edit source]
Hi Tactic Angel,
I just came on here to ask you for your permission to use the Talk Template that I saw you have. Currently, I'm trying to start up a role playing wiki for the Hunger Games and I thought it would be cool to use the Template:Talk thing because I found it fascinating. The link is here: http://thehungergamesliverp.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hunger_Games_Live_Role_Playing_Wiki, and yes, I still need to add the home page, but I was just curious. I kind of already made the page with the template, but I also added that the box originally came from your wiki. However, if you don't want me using it, by all means, I'll delete the page. Thanks! WiressFan21 (talk) 19:28, November 23, 2013 (UTC)
Final Fantasy Dimensions[edit source]
Can you please edit Final Fantasy Dimension monster templates. It lacks of Android OS and AP. Defend, Magic Defend... are stats that I think cannot be known unless with the help of Square Enix. Anyway, I wanted to edit it but I can't. Please help Hieuxinhggai (talk) 11:58, January 7, 2014 (UTC)
OK. I think there is hardly any difference between Android & iOS but still, the template page lacks of AP. Party receive AP after a battle. Different monsters give different amount of AP. I just want to add an AP column but I don't know how. It's quite complicated to me. Sorry.Hieuxinhggai (talk) 13:35, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your time :D, but now "Gill" is missing and I can't figure out how to add it again. I really don't want to bother you but please, one more time, can you add "Gil". HP, AP, EXP and Gil are measurable. Thanks a lot :DHieuxinhggai (talk) 14:49, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
I just realized that FFD template was just really bad. It has no Earth element and the Holy Element should be Light (They are quite the same but in the game, it say "Light" so ...). Please help. Thank you for your time. Hieuxinhggai (talk) 14:21, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
Closet Confidential idea[edit source]
Hey TacticAngel, Hope you're doing well! Long time no speak since last C2E2. We're planning our programs for this year's show, so I'll prob be in touch soon.
FYI - wanted to bring your attention to this request we just put up in forums. Not sure if you remember from a previous conversation - I'd love to try to get FF fans to do some cool stuff with the style of the game's characters, and this Dressphere system sort of opens up some cool new possibilities there.
Could you help us shape this idea a bit more so that we could make this a program the community would actually enjoy?
- Thanks so much! Haven't seen any response yet, but hopefully we'll see some reaction soon. Any guidance you guys can provide would be super appreciated. Thanks!
- Acardwell415 (talk) 05:10, February 7, 2014 (UTC)Acardwell415
Closet Confidential: Final Fantasy is live![edit source]
Just wanted to let you know that the Closet Confidential for Final Fantasy is now live on Fashion Wikia! Could you help us get the word out that the nomination period is now going, and that we'd love to see everyone's favorite best-dressed character nominees?
FF OSTs[edit source]
I don't know exactly where I have to say that. So I take the next best :P.
Your FF Soundtrack-List needs to be updated. There is so much what is missing.
ff12 piano collection, ff4,5,6 remaster (released 2013), distand worlds the celebration concert (Blu ray release), ff13 LR OSTs, FF4 after years ( and AY Plus), FF4 Minimum Album, FF6 Special tracks, FF14 OSTs, FFX Remaster OSTs and many more...
Most of it already exists on your site but not on the list but some is new and needs to be added. This is very important for me because I comply me on it to complete my collection. =/ So I wish you could keep it up-to-date.
-- dear psychotikus
- You may update any article yourself. Just click the edit button at the top and follow the template.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 16:36, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
Well, I would... but I don't know anything about HTML Codes or something like that...=/
This looks for me like a world of chaos like everything of this community options here =D. It was hard enough for me to find a way to contact someone of you =P. At least you could do it on the to do list.
Your site is the best and most extensive FF Site I've ever seen. I hope it will stay that way bbecause you are one of the last still working on it.
I am talking abuout two things.
First One: There are many articles on this site about soundtracks/arrangements/etc. that aren't in the list (on the "Music Of Final Fantasy" Article). Older ones like FF6 Special tracks and newer ones like Final Fantasy 12 Piano Collections or FF13:LR OST and some more. I don't know exactly how many... Someone should to proof it.
Second One: There are new OSTs already released. But there are no articles about it. Maybe because they were just released in Japan and it's difficult to find informations. For example:
- FF 4,5,6 remastered Edition (released 2013).
Youtube Unboxing of Part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJHmF4HMvsk
And I have seen Part 5 too. In a german Youtube Video.
- And the distand worlds the celebration concert Blu ray
- The FFX Remaster OST.
You can already buy it in the SE Store.
And btw: For the category outside group... I know a project named "Phoenix Rise Music" or short TPR. The make melancholy Piano Versions of the FF OSTs. If you want you can check out his Youtube Channel:
Its absolutely beautiful. I think he should be noticed on this page.
Regarding the LP[edit source]
When you have the time available, would you mind getting on the IRC at some point to discuss the LP? I'm considering including you in an episode soon, and I want to discuss general preferences and such.
Due to some personal issues of my own, I don't think I'll be able to make Thursday anymore. Is Saturday or Sunday okay for you?
Any chance you could come along next week, maybe Sunday or so, for another episode?
Ah, no worries. I can do the Sunday/week afterwards, that's not a problem.
Popping in to check if you'd happen to be available for this weekend? Assuming your schedule's back to normal and all.
So, we're on the final episode, except it's split into 4 different 20 minute parts, and chance you'll be available next weekend or so for one of the parts?