|"I have awaited this - the day you would come..."|
|Welcome to the Final Fantasy Wiki, OneEco!|
|Welcome to the Final Fantasy Wiki, and thank you for your edit to the Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015) page! There are many ways to help the wiki, and all help will be greatly appreciated. First off, if this is your first time editing a wiki, you may wish to browse though these links as a guide to get started around here:
When you're ready to start editing, there are plenty of ways you can help the wiki, and several can be found on our wiki projects and Community portal. You may want to browse the policies and guidelines (though you are not expected to know each in detail before you start editing). If you have any questions regarding the wiki, visit our forums, discussions, Discord server, or ask one of our staff members.
We hope you will enjoy your stay here and help improve the Wiki -- all your help will be greatly appreciated!
Hi, could you not take stuff away from my sandbox without at least letting me know? Thank you. Mierna 08:20, December 30, 2019 (UTC)
- Ah, of course. My bad because I rushed by creating the article for A1C2 -- Eco (talk) 12:04, December 30, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Costume[edit source]
- Best to just currently keep it in the Profile section still. As discussed here, and also on the wiki's discord, we are planning to abolish trivia sections. --Miphares (talk) 04:27, January 23, 2020 (UTC)
Editing Opera Omnia pages[edit source]
Hello there, OneEco.
I do not want to come off as horrible in any way, but could you please not invalidate some of the edits I make to Opera Omnia pages of certain Final Fantasy characters by changing my text into less accurate descriptions of what the text says in the Opera Omnia mobile game itself?
If you are trying to make these Affinity Ability descriptions more appealing to look at, that's fine. But when an Affinity Ability says 'Raises [stat] by [number]' instead of 'Increases [stat] by [number]' in-game, I would rather fill the description boxes with the text that you can actually see in Opera Omnia, over something that could potentially confuse people when they read a description from one source, only to find that the game has a description that's very different from what they initially read.
While I really appreciate what you've done for the Wiki, I also feel like we're just stepping on each other's toes when editing pages for the playable characters in this Final Fantasy mobile game.
- Greetings, my fellow editor.
Don't worry, I'm not taking this into offense, in fact I appreciate your attempt to communicate with me!
- As you've said, we are both covering the same game, thus we tend to edit the same pages quite a while.
Since I'm used at my hobby of fantranslating the JP content of this game, I have my own specific wording I use each time a new weapon or armor joins the game. Thus I tend to forget that the GL localization team has a different style of describing than the JP team.
- What should we do? Copypaste the style of the weapons that already exist in GL and then update the weapons and armor as they are added into the game?
- I'm going to continue my current rhythm until I reach Noctis, since he was the 1st Anniversary character for JP and then reedit the pages considering the agreement we will reach. Or maybe if this happens in the following hours, I can make it earlier... We will see. -- Eco (talk) 16:00, March 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Hey, thanks for getting back to me.
- I've been thinking about how we should edit these Opera Omnia, and while this might not be the best answer to your question, I hope that this is a solution that can benefit the both of us.
- Until the JP content gets translated into the GL version of Opera Omnia, keep trying your best to fantranslate the content into English as you normally do.
- Then, when the JP content gets added into the GL version, update the Opera Omnia pages according to how they are presented in the new GL version of the game, since those translations are made by the GL developers themselves and could very well be considered official.
- When it comes to Weapons, the descriptions could be either "Increases [blah-de-blah]" or "Raises [something something]", but when it's Armor, it will always be "Raises [stat] by [number]" in the GL version.
- I don't see the GL devs changing the descriptions for Affinity Abilities from "Raises" to "Increases", at least where Armor is concerned, anytime soon, since those particular Affinity Abilities aren't necessarily unique to each individual character. Seriously, the amount of Armor items I've maxed out that all share Affinity Ability names like Shatter and Destruction is stupidly high at this point, and I'm not planning to count them all up. (Not yet anyway.)
Been a while[edit source]
It's been a long time since I've personally talked with you about something at all, and I don't really have time to dig through the archives to figure out what it was. Anyway, if I remember correctly, Spanish was your native language, right?
I'm not here necessarily to play salesman, but here I see that you've played Secret of Mana. So, I was wondering if you could add one of our satellites to your list of wikis that you edit for?
Here's the scoop: I've been an administrator for the Wiki of Mana since 2018. Some higher-ups of Fandom clued me in on the existence of a Spanish affiliate, which is really hurting for contributions. I figured you might be an appropriate person to contact with your knowledge of the language. Of course, I don't mean to pressure you if Final Fantasy is your first choice. But I would look at it this way: if you really wanted to flex your muscle, here is an opportunity. With that, I know of an Argentine woman who took over the Star Ocean Wiki and is pretty much the go-to in that space. She got started by editing units for FFBE, which led to a summer collab with SO; and from there, she grabbed the reins.
Don't get me wrong. I still punch in when I can over here, but we've got a lot of work to do on the English Wiki of Mana now that Trials 3D is loose. Come over there if you would like, and chip in where you think it's needed. And by the way, thanks for listening. Take good care of yourself. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 21:54, April 28, 2020 (UTC)
- Nice to talk to you again too, Swordzman.
Yes, my native language is Spanish and I appreciate the offer but I'm taking my time off wiki work right now and I'm currently focused on working on several projects at the moment for my personal life, and the scarce free time I have, I use it to advance through the MSQ and grind in Final Fantasy XIV (currently finishing Heavensward) so I don't expect to appear here except for those moments in which Opera Omnia adds a new alternate costume to its armoire.
I'd love to help, but I finally have some me-time and I'm going to use it wisely. Sorry. -- Eco (talk) 22:10, May 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Think nothing of it, chief. Just know that both of those spaces are open if you want to drop by. I myself have been in containment since late March thanks to "The Virus". Nothing but time on my hands where I'd usually get out in the world and volunteer. Stay well, and I'll see you around. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 22:56, May 1, 2020 (UTC)