|"I have awaited this - the day you would come..."|
|Welcome to the Final Fantasy Wiki, Miphares!|
|We hope you will enjoy your stay here and help improve the Wiki -- all your help will be greatly appreciated! First off, why don't you try looking though these links as a guide to get started around here.
Welcome to the wiki! -00:31, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
I want to say nice work with getting those weapon images! Where exactly did you manage to find those, seeing as those are pretty good quality o_O
- I got the images from the game's strategy guide. Just scanned them and took out the background with Photoshop. --Miphares (talk) 10:19, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
Ahhhh. Didn't know they ever put that in there. Nice~ Looking forward to seeing the rest of the weapons (and maybe armor too? I don't know if they did anything other than Weapons or not for that game in terms of images...).
- I'm currently finishing the weapons, I just need to do the swords and spears. I will be uploading all the armor renders after that and then I will be uploading the accessory and item icons. --Miphares (talk) 10:31, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- No problem. If he does it for the next couple of hours I can handle reverting everything, I stay up to 6am anyways. --Miphares (talk) 07:43, December 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I saw your edits on the FFD enemy pages..do you have the whole game? Does it have a bestiary? I only have the Prologue so I have no way of finding out. Peace. s̅̅s̅̅o̅̅r̅̅c̅̅̅̅e̅̅n̅̅i̅̅v̅̅i̅̅d̅̅ 08:45, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- I do not own the game, due to the fact my tablet does not allow me to use GooglePlay. I do not know if the game has a bestiary, I just fix the articles by adding the images, templates, and related enemies. I would suggest asking Kimlasca Warrior about this kind of stuff, since the user is the one updating everything for this game. --Miphares (talk) 08:54, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
Glad to see you getting the images missing from this game. Any chance of getting enemy ability images that are missing too? Or other things like status images and the like?
(Also, finally glad someone's replacing my old YouTube images for this game too. ^^;;).
- I'll be getting the images for the fusion, magic, job abilities, statuses, and status icons for the time being, but getting the enemy ability images might come at a later time, since it will require me to replay the game.--Miphares (talk) 01:58, August 30, 2013 (UTC)
Sounds good enough~ I could only fill out what I could on the Enemy Abilities page for that game based on what I've seen in videos so it may be inaccurate. ^^;;
I'm assuming that locations are no-go too due to how the game is as well?
- I unfortunately I will not be able to get the location images until the next playthrough also, since the towns and some dungeons in the game are either in ruins or they were all absorbed into the void. --Miphares (talk) 02:29, August 30, 2013 (UTC)
Ah, I had a feeling it'd be like that. Well, at least there's what you're doing going on, so there'll be better images for those at least. ^^;;
Though I wonder...do we want only one image for each status sprite, or one for each character? Then again, there's multiple jobs so...excluding Near Death/Critical, probably would be pointless.
- I would prefer just using the one for each status, faster and saves me the long and tedious process of editing over 96 status sprites. Besides aside from getting all these images, I'll try on expanding the articles related to the game, since it appears I'm the only one on here playing game at the current moment. --Miphares (talk) 03:00, August 30, 2013 (UTC)
Baron (Town) Locations Section Edit
- That is something only the VIII pages do. It's not a standard (and not my preference). JBed (talk) 15:04, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm...Tia told me to keep all on the left for the FFIV locations sections I was doing. Well I just wanted to say that having them on alternate, left then right/right then left, makes me really dizzy. And I believe it will make readers dizzy as well. s̅̅s̅̅o̅̅r̅̅c̅̅̅̅e̅̅n̅̅i̅̅v̅̅i̅̅d̅̅ 13:29, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- ¬¬ Seriously, you seem to be making a big deal over nothing. The left anchor is hardly used on any of the articles on the wiki; practically what JBed already said to you, and also they make the pages look really unorganized and cramped. I don't get why you are complaining about the order of the images if it is something we have commonly been doing on this wiki for years, I think we would have gotten complaints about dizziness already. In addition, I have not had any of my edits reverted and I have not received any complaints about changing the format from anyone, except you. --Miphares (talk) 23:00, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm...Tia told me to keep all on the left for the FFIV locations sections I was doing. Well I just wanted to say that having them on alternate, left then right/right then left, makes me really dizzy. And I believe it will make readers dizzy as well. s̅̅s̅̅o̅̅r̅̅c̅̅̅̅e̅̅n̅̅i̅̅v̅̅i̅̅d̅̅ 13:29, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Dude, I don't deny that I'm complaining. I don't deny that I'm making a big deal of something small either. Yes, I did read JBed's message, thank you very much. I just didn't know beforehand that the left anchor wasn't the standard. So chill, it's not like I want to cut off your head with a giant axe. Peace. s̅̅s̅̅o̅̅r̅̅c̅̅̅̅e̅̅n̅̅i̅̅v̅̅i̅̅d̅̅ 09:06, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
As it is, we have information, we need to put it up, even if it is subject to change, we can always do the edit later. We can't simply say all of the information is bad just because one or two things may change. Embergale (talk) 06:33, July 29, 2013 (UTC)
Say, think you can do me a quick favor since I must go for the night? Can you put the images that I uploaded for the classes from Pictlogica onto their various character/Job pages? If you can, that'd be swell. If not, can you let someone else know to do that? Thanks.
- And done for job pages. (o 'o')b Couldn't do character pages sadly, I have class in like 4 hours, sorry. (;; -_-) --Miphares (talk) 09:00, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
That's fine. Thank you for helping on that. Maybe someone else can pick up the rest at another time or something. ^^;
Much obliged for confirming that with FFAB. I wonder what else is on the JP site that we don't have here...for the longest time I don't think we even HAD the image for Wishing Star, right? Meaning there's probably a lot that we don't have at all. Mind if you give link to the site? I might check it out and see if I can't cut through some things myself if I ever get around to it, since you seem rather busy with XIV stuff ha...
- The image of Wishing Star was on the Angelo article since March of this year I believe? You place the image there from what I remember, so I checked here to confirm it lol. But anyways, here you go, this is the link to the official jp event pages. Imo this would only be helpful in the event stuff and maybe certain minor new additions or character features they added into the game. psss, hey Faerie appeared in early 2014 as an event summon. >.> I wouldn't exactly say its a super database for info lol. Tbh I just checked there since I remember reading that page like a year ago, mainly to sob at the fact that the NA servers got "killed" because SE/Mobage stopped caring to localize the events and we'll never get the "Break the Seal" events, but I digress. ;; Anyways glad I could help you confirm the Wishing Star thing and hope the link helps in whatever way it can. ('o')v --Miphares (talk) 08:02, October 18, 2014 (UTC)
Huh...interesting that it would've been there but nowhere else. Oh well! In any case, interesting that Faerie showed up. Makes me wonder if there's not a place to find ALL of the FFAB cards at once...probably not but...!
Lo' and behold a site that has quite a few of the images we don't have! Just have to actually check back on the wiki itself on translation pages and whatnot to make sure we know what they are exactly (slowly working on it). If you can help out, that'd be great. All of these will need cropped too (I'm working on abilities atm).
- I saw the link you left on Fenrir's talk page lol and I got right to cropping the Legend Cards. Um by abilities, please tell me you don't mean the legend sections? If so, oh boy... Q>Q Well to be specific I'm doing section 13 on the Legends page, I'm up to I believe section 16/17 with about 110 cropped so far. :o I need to head to bed soon, so I'll have to continue later sadly. >,< --Miphares (talk) 10:19, October 18, 2014 (UTC)
Aye, that's what I'm referring to. Some of them I've already got translated on my side real quickly, while some I have no idea what they are. I'll leave the cropping and uploading to you, and I'll try and get the ability names I suppose. Unless you want me to continue doing what I'm doing, then upload my pack and then send them your way with the names for the abilities so that you can check with your side and whatnot?
- Sorry about the late reply, having issues with my internet connection. -_- Hm atm I have 217 cropped, mainly from the half point of the SSR+-CR cards, with a good 132 translated, still need to look at some of them. :\ If you want to upload the ones I have fixed and translated you can find them on here, otherwise I won't be able to upload them until Monday when I have some free time. Not sure how much I'll be able to help atm, since I'm going be busy for the next week for with midterms and essays for classes and working garbage. Sorry. ><;; --Miphares (talk) 00:20, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
It's all good. If anything, if I ever get around to getting all of these saved and whatnot, I'll toss the rar to you to crop out and double-check with the translations and whatnot. I've gotten about 169 images saved myself from the Legends (started at UR+ and worked backwards, currently somewhere in SSR+. Didn't do CR at all). It's always best to have someone to double-check things afterwards anyways so...^^;Just do whatever you can whenever you have time I suppose is all I can say! Don't worry too much bout wikiwork what with all that stuff going on I say! I appreciate the help you've done so far (I've just been going over EVERY image on that site just in case, even if we have it on the wiki heh...).
Ho boy, what have I dragged us into lol...so I finished up saving all of the SSR+, UR, and UR+ stuff, and that is a looooot of stuff and I have no idea what we have here and don't have. I'm working on SR+ right now (actually FORCED to crop these ones too, they're not separate images like the others), and may have Mecrox helping with getting the ability names so there's that...it's gonna be a lot of work though. What I think one of us should do is take note of what all is here on the wiki, and then doublecheck on the site to make sure we DON'T need those images again. May be a bit of work, but better than cropping all of the images, uploading them, then finding out we don't even need them. x_x;;
- Yeah I'm going to make note of that. I'm going to be trying to do that starting Monday, I just uploaded 3 dupes to the wiki! Oh for the love snicks! ><;;; Um mind during me a favor, since you're admin now? :D Mind deleting the dups i uploaded? Sorry, big derp mistake I made. ( ;_;)p--Miphares (talk) 08:00, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
Done. Yeah, that was something I was thinking of when I was doing the SSR+ and noticed we had some of them. Was like "Oh god, what DO we have?!". It really REALLY doesn't help when we've no idea which ones is which either since there's so many variations of the same ability too...you know what I think? I think we should just crop all of the images from that site and use those to replace the ones already up, what do you think?
Hmmm...should it be JUST for those images (which if you're noting them, should note the bad quality ones as well in the notes) or for all of them in there?? That is the big question I feel. I think the naming of these should all be for the abilities in general (for instance, I tend to name things like "FFAB Firaga FFIX SRR+" or some sort. Basically, always start with FFAB, then the ability name, then the GAME name if it really needs it (like freaking Ultima does ugh...), and then the rarity). What do you think?
In fact, if you want to make a note of the stuff on my sandbox (or you can use yours, up to you), that'd make it go by faster too. Wouldn't hurt to get more wikians to help on this as well, that's for sure. x_x;
Just so you know, check out User:Xenomic/Sandbox2 for data that's being gathered thanks to Mecrox. Will make it a lot easier to name stuff, that's for sure, ho boy. x_x;
- Oh wow, thank goodness, that will make it easier. Sorry about not replying last night, internet is being dumb still. ><;; I would say only replace the ones in bad quality, no sense in replacing the ones Kimlasca uploaded if they're the same image and quality. Even though I'm not a fan of the way she named the cards tbh, but nothing we can do I suppose. I name the cards like so "FFAB, Character, Spell Name, Rank", but your way is good. Oh god like you said, all he Ultimas! ;; But just for an update, I started listing all the cards we have on this wiki. Already done with FF1-3, 6, 10, 12-13. Also marking ones that need replacement. Checking almost every page for cards, because some of them aren't on their respective character pages. -_-; --Miphares (talk) 21:16, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah, that annoys me too. It's best to just to go to Category:Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade Images and look up the cards from there I'd say. You'll probably find some duplicates in there too, which if there are and they're the exact same, just put one of them up for deletion (usually the GIF version if there's a GIF and PNG, assuming the PNG is still good quality). There's some stuff that I can't figure out what they are (see: Most recent update on my Sandbox. Three translations that aren't anywhere on the wiki it feels...).
User talk:Mecorx#Perhaps You Can Be Of Assistance? in case you don't keep up with it. Link to a page that has hi-res images if we need to snag them without having to go about and cropping and stuff. Might make things faster...might...
If you want to help out real quick, I'm uploading a lot of SSR+ images right now, thanks to Mecrox for giving them to me. If you can put up the ones that are to be replaced up for deletion and replace the images with the new ones, that'd be great. I'll be uploading some that I have no idea what they are though, so watch for those!
Is there a reason the Refia Fire one is put up for deletion? o.o??
Hmm...true. Though is the Summon Stone one the same type of image as the regular ability one (which I think that one is a regular ability and not a Legend ability)? Because I didn't see you replace it with the other one lol.
Actually, before putting those non-Legend cards up for deletion, probably should wait until we have better replacements (unless you already have them for their pages, since regular Abilities and Legends use different art and whatnot). Just bringing that up too.
That is bizarre. Looking at the site, they're not even IN the SR section for Legends. Were they removed or something? I am so confused by this o_O
So in other words, several cards probably got removed outright like the Refia and Ingus cards? Ho boy...that could be problematic then. We still need to keep them, but probably mention that they're no longer used since we ARE a wiki after all. I have an idea if you want to attempt it: Since you're already doing an image page, put in image on there that are no longer in use like the Refia and Ingus ones, so that we know exactly which ones to put in like a Legacy section or whatever. Only way I can think of handling this situation
- Lol sorry, I'm not being very clear on this. Sorry ^^;;;. Ok, the cards of Refia and Ingus I put up for deletion were being replaced with the higher quality versions from this page. They're the same image just in better quality, I'm not replacing them with the new 2013 cards. Since all the Legend images on that page are the original SR summon stone cards obtainable from the 2012-2013 events, so all of them are old iirc. FYI, Legend cards are the ones with the golden border and black/gray background, as seen in the "Legends" section on the summon stone page. The ones on that website you linked to me only go on from SSR and after, so I'm assuming the SR cards from our Legends page might be unobtainable now since most of the events you obtained them from can no longer be done. Iirc the new SR cards look like this.
- EDIT: Events most of the Legend cards on the summon stone page could only be obtained from. From what I remembered they can't be obtained in the US version anymore due to them stopping the events and having Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Carby, Bismarck, and Diabolos on repeat now. Making the latter summons the only ones obtainable now. Not sure if this goes for the Japanese version. --Miphares (talk) 01:40, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
Oh, I see. I didn't even realize those were there, I thought those were the ones that were put up for deletion lol. My bad. As for the site? http://ffbrigade-marshy705.com/page18
That's all of the Legends in batches. The site also has all of the Abilities and Weapons (It goes from the second link on the left: Legends, Legends (SSR and up single images), Abilities, Weapons). Which we will ALSO have to go through at some point since there's a lot THERE we're missing too...But yeah, if they're unobtainable then probably best to put them in a Legacy/Unobtainable section on a page, like your sandbox, or just note which ones CAN'T be obtained
- I'll be sure to make note of the unobtainable cards in my sandbox lol. Oh, since that place might have the SR-SSR for the STR, INT, and AGI abilities also, it might be a good chance to replace the ones I marked in BOLD on the lists I have on this page, since those ones are all the blurry images.
Ah, my apologies. I didn't know your gender and I usually just default to male for everything. Though I never knew that you were originally Zolo! What a surprise that is, seeing as I wondered what happened to that one for the longest time ha.Probably best to let Mecrox know about that with the blurry ones then, if he/she is willing to get them and isn't swamped with all the other things Brigade suddenly is pulling on us (like with translations which is what I originally had Mecrox helping with. x_x;).
If you can, I'm going to leave the character pages to you to update with all of the images uploaded today. I've done my fair share on the wiki with the images and pages and things. Still got articles to make now due to Brigade too, still got other stuff to translate in Sandbox from Mecrox...@_@;;
Just warning you, there's going to be a loooooot more images uploaded soonish, both for cards AND for job classes. Got a lot to deal with from Mecrox so...yeah! Just letting you know now. ^^;
If you find anything that needs renamed, let me know and I'll rename it. I gotta rename that Circle of Scorn now (I couldn't find the translations, hence why there's a lot marked as "Unknown"...). Glad you're here at the moment though, there's a loooot of stuff ha...
All images that Mecrox gave me in the last batch uploaded, including weapon/ability/Legend/Job images. So there's a loooooot of stuff to fix up and whatnot haaa...T-T
- Ok, I think I got most of the ability/legend images you uploaded and replaced all of the job images uploaded. -o- As to the FFXIV translations thing, if you need any Legend cards translated that deals with FFXIV you can look on my sandbox, since I've translated almost all of the class/job abilities. Hm, I should get to moving that to an actual article one of these days lol. xD --Miphares (talk) 09:28, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
Much obliged for that. I'll have a few more to upload tomorrow but they shouldn't be TOO bad unless Mecrox suddenly dumps a lot more on me lol. Trying to figure out what some of these weapons are, and the one I have as Omega Weapon UR+ isn't Omega Weapon (I'm trying to figure out what the crap it is but I can't figure it out! It's 1st one in 4th row: http://img.www3.hp-ez.com/img/marshy705/img_20141022-135905.png http://img.www3.hp-ez.com/img/marshy705/img_20141022-135935.png. Perhaps you can figure it out?).
- The image you uploaded as "Omega Weapon UR+" is actually "オーディンの剣", lit. "Sword of Odin" or "Odin's Sword", whatever you prefer, I know that as of Lightning Returns they renamed the weapon as the "Gagnrad", however it does not used the same name as in FFAB. So I guess the best name for it would be "FFAB Odin's Sword UR+"? :o --Miphares (talk) 10:06, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
If you can, doublecheck the Job Images (Assassin and Black Belt I already deleted, and they needed replaced on the FFIII page for Black Belt and Assassin (Job) for Assassin) and make sure images are replaced on them while I delete these images. Got a loooot more to come (about 200 more images!!!) too so translating those at the same time. x_x;
Ugh...as much as it pains me to say this, a lot of what I uploaded are SSR versions of the SSR+ ones that were uploaded a couple days back so...gonna have to add those to allll of those pages again. I should've figured this out and suggested this but...whenever you add anything to a page (only for N, R, SR, and SSR. UR and UR+ are usually picky about this), just put TWO entries in. For instance, like so:
|File:FFAB Straightarrow Legend SSR.png|''[[Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade]]'' (SSR).
Glad you caught onto the naming convention I'm aiming for with the Brigade stuff lol. Though I should probably put in "Ability" too. That's something I've forgotten to do ugh...this project man! This project...
Just a forewarning, just to save us both some time. Whenever you put an image up for deletion, please please PLEASE make sure that you have already replaced that image on all the pages (listed at the bottom of the image page), so that we don't have to go through and check every page. Would help a lot heh. I got a loooot of images to name and upload, and other things, but going through the pages right now to make sure things are there (I'm leaving all of the character pages to you right now, so don't worry about ability pages for the time being. You at least got the Overdrive and FFVII Limit pages, which thank you for that. Lord knows what other pages these need to be dumped at. x_x;;).
- Whoops, sorry, I kind of derped and forgot for a lot of them, I know I did it for a couple of them, but yeah I derped pretty badly. I'll be sure to do that when I mark stuff for deletion. :\
Much obliged. If you really want to keep track of them, I'd put THOSE in the sandbox instead, separated by section. Or, just check each Category for those with the naming scheme that we're using right now to see if anything's on a page or not. There's going to be a lot more coming tomorrow (assuming computer doesn't explode this time from the updates...), so that's something to keep a look-out!
Favor Part 2Edit
Splitting this up so that it's not a super huge section anymore. In any case, I really hope that I can get you someone to help you on the images, or you can find someone, because um...there's about to be 1200+ images coming soon. x_x;;
- Most of the images are now placed into their appropriate character articles, just need to do 3 more iirc, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm dead tired atm and if I see any Lightning card, I might just scream! O_=? But yeah, if I could get help that would be nice, because 1.2k images? Um yeah lol. ^^;;;
- Anyways, I marked a lot of the dups for deletion and I did make sure to check if they were connected to other articles to prevent anymore red spaces in articles like with my last derps. <.> Now I just need to take care of the last set of dups tomorrow, since Tidus and Yuna have a good couple of them and I need to put the job legend images in the job articles now. --Miphares (talk) 11:39, October 25, 2014 (UTC)
I talked to Mecorx about it last night, and we're trying to get more help on it (it's now roughly 2000 images). You can find more stuff at User:Xenomic/Sandbox2 at the very end. That'll help ease it up quite a bit. I already put all of the stuff uploaded from last night onto the ability pages, so any miscellaneous pages like Tools (Command), Limit pages, and Job pages are all on you! JBed might be helping a bit on this too so there's that. If you can convince anyone else to help, that'd be great too. I'm probably going to spend my time making articles for the time being x_x;
So while we're waiting for more images to be uploaded since people are going to help on that, if you can help out on putting the English names for abilities in the Sandbox, that'd help me out a lot. Most you can find on the wiki so shouldn't be TOO hard to find some at the very least. ^^;
Oh hey, welcome back! Was wondering what happened to ya ha...glad you're back since there's like 600 more images on the wiki due to Brigade. @_@;;
Oh yes, to make things easier to do, whenever you update a character's page, if you see any Legend cards that don't have a SR or SR+, just copy/paste the entry and add/remove the + in the appropriate spots since all of the SR/SR+ images are now on the wiki. That way, all of them will be on the appropriate character pages. ^^;
- Whew lol, that was a bunch of images. ><;; But anyways ty, sorry about being gone too long. I should have mentioned to you that the week of Halloween would be a total pain in the butt. :\ Had a couple of things to do on that bloody day, the new patch for FFXIV: ARR came, was getting nagged by raid group to do Shiva ex, coil, and all the new stuff (in addition got more stuff for the wiki), school work, but I digress. (|| -_-) Anyways, all the new images are in the articles and I'll also be sure to be on a look out for the images that don't have the tags like you said. >.> --Miphares (talk) 22:21, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
Miphares, I have a very, VERY important task for you which doesn't involve putting images on pages, but actually well...lemme explain.If you go to User:Xenomic/Sandbox2/Brigade Abilities, you'll see that there are three different colors for abilities. Pink is STR, blue is INT, and yellow is AGI. What I need done, and this is very important, is I need you (or if you cannot do it, please find someone to do so) is to look through each image on those pages, and make a list by rarity (so one list for N, one for N+, one for R, and so on) of each ability that are of each type in alphabetical order. This is to help the FFAB Ability pages (which you may have seen me add a looooot to), as I am not sure if we have every ability on those pages like we should. It's a daunting task, probably more daunting than actually putting these images on pages, so if you don't want to do it, I understand. But do let me know either which way on my talk page!
Thank you for doing that bit for Onion Knight. I'm already tired from working on this wiki for the past 10 hours straight for Brigade stuff alone, so someone doing just a little bit like that helps a lot. I'm done for the night (and probably for a long while), but if you can help a bit more, over in my Image Hosting Page 3, I put up some Brigade weapons that aren't on any pages yet. If you could add those to the proper pages (Page Sandbox has the link to Marshy's site. If not, you can find it here: http://ffbrigade-marshy705.com/page18 ), that'd help a lot. I'm not going to ask you to add any of the Abilities or Legends to their pages (Legends don't even HAVE a proper page like the abilities so yeah) because those are already nightmarish enough as it is. 6000 some cards in that game altogether, which is kinda ridiculous if you ask me...and a LOT of repeats that don't need to be there at all >_>;
Perhaps you and Monterossa can work together on this, as I know nothing about XIV. On my Image Hosting Page 2, there are several FFXIV images that aren't on any pages. Perhaps you guys can identify what some of them are and place them on pages, if applicable, or put them up for deletion otherwise? Twould help with that section at the very least (don't know if Image Hosting Page 3 has XIV stuff, but it might so...).
EDIT - Likewise, if you, Mont, and Spira can check the FFXI images and see if you guys can't do something about those as well. Both the FFXI and FFXIV images are now on Image Hosting Page 2 exclusively (Page 1 might have stuff instead now. I reorganized the pages a bit more so...)
- Sorry about the late reply, been away almost all day. ><;;; Sure, I'll do my best to try and help you out on this. Seems like a lot of the FFXI images are of level 91< Blue Magic, which I noticed that this wiki doesn't cover. :o So I'll just make new ability articles to place those images into, if that is okay. --Miphares (talk) 07:10, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
That's perfectly fine. The images that I got for the Blue Magic spells were from a YT video (which I don't know if I still have on hand anymore), so they're not the best quality around but...gotta go with what you can get sometimes heh...).
I wouldn't worry too much about it, the wiki is the last thing anyone should really worry about anyways. I hope that that person is feeling better at least and is ok though!I took care of all of the image adding and whatnot. It was quite the trial, that's for sure, since I had to go around and make sure every page had everything, and uploading 400-800 images all at once wasn't very fun either lol. But it's all done now bar anything new that comes up, so there's that! The only thing left for Brigade to do is to make a list of all cards that are AGI/STR/INT and then making sure each of those pages has all of their entries on them (which I know they don't). I was working on it as you can probably see in my Sandbox, but I got fed up with working on it. ^^;;
Hey, Miphares, thanks for the help with Final Fantasy Dimensions II. I have a question though: are the abilities only learned through summons? Because I have design problems with the game's template since I'm listing which summons grants which abilities and currently the template doesn't look appealing to an eye.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 12:24, February 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Indeed all the abilities are only usable through equipping a certain summon. So if Morrow has a rank 3 Fire-type Ifrit, he will access to Fire III. Also if Emo has a rank 4 Cura-type Mermaid, she will be able to use Cura II. I'm not sure stating (Fira I, Fira II, Fire III) in the template is highly suggested. Like I stated in one of my edit summaries, the rank of the spells aren't necessarily like traditional FF tier of spells, they more of upgrades, so only their MP cost, damage potency, or effect time change, but they're the same spell basically. I would just categorize them in the template as the spell name, not have all the ranks. Oh as a fyi to help, all the summons, their special abilities, rankings, and teachable abilities can be found on this page. I hope this helps in some way. --Miphares (talk) 13:00, February 28, 2015 (UTC)
- I think we still need to link to individual rank pages since we have the articles (or will have) for them, regardless it's a magic spell or a physical ability. I also found a Japanese Wiki for the game and use it to fill the template. There are no character exclusive abilities, no limit breaks?—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 13:27, February 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Okie then, I understand what you mean. Besides some of those "II and III" spell pages need more than all the MMO whoha I added to them. :P Also, as far as I know of atm for character specific abilities, there's nothing yet, but I can double check. Curiously may I have the link to the site you're using as reference for the summons? So I can take a gander and try to look at this stuff to translate on my free time if need be? Um just don't send it to me if its the Wikiwiki or the Wiki Famitsu sites, I have those on my search list favorites already. >_> --Miphares (talk) 13:39, February 28, 2015 (UTC)
- I think we still need to link to individual rank pages since we have the articles (or will have) for them, regardless it's a magic spell or a physical ability. I also found a Japanese Wiki for the game and use it to fill the template. There are no character exclusive abilities, no limit breaks?—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 13:27, February 28, 2015 (UTC)
Mind if I get the links you guys are using? I might be able to gather images and the like for ya'll from the site. I'm curious though Miphares, where are you getting these images from? I'm assuming from the site you're using? Or are you playing the game yourself somehow? o.o?
Sorry about that late response ><;;
The sites I am particularly using (not sure about Kaimi) are:
I'm doing my best to translate some of the stuff on these sites. Also I'm not playing the game, but I'm watching Japanese players on Youtube and Nico play the games and taking the screenies. However, I'm also doing my best to translate some of the gameplay I'm seeing, mainly for the gameplay of the Phantom Stones, upgrading components for them, and abilities you learn (Which I think we might need to reanalyze if they all deserve separate pages for all their different ranks imo, but I digress). Hope these links help. :o --Miphares (talk) 05:51, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
Got it. I'm going to work on the translations pages, currently for weapons and then accessories. If you can add what Japanese or stuff you have for the Summons there, that'd be great.
Before actually linking anything to their respective pages for abilities, can you check to see if the Japanese kanji matches with any of the abilities (such as Dispel Blade/Dispel Attack, etc.)? That'll make it easier to see if it should go on the article. Also, how should we actually handle linking to articles or putting information on pages?? That bit I'm confused on because of the variations of abilities (Fire I-III, then Fira I-III). @_@;;
- Ok gone over again. I did a slight herpaderp with Dispel Attack, since in that game it is actually Dispel Attack not Dispel Ken or Dispel Blade. Also as for Nitoichi I linked to Double Slash since the ability literally means "Two Blades in One Flash" which attacks twice, but I can change this if need be until a localization happens.
- As for the abilities and their ranks, here's where I am extremely mixed on whether they need to be linked to other pages or need to have their own separate articles. As far as I can see, when you get a Phantom Stone at a certain rank or if they rank up, they obtain an upgraded form of the ability the allow the user to use. When this happens it replaces the previous ability, so if Morrow has an Ifrit equipped and it goes from rank 3->4 the Fira I ability on his command ring will turn into Fira II and replace Fira I he had before. Good examples of this are Final Fantasy II or KH, when you upgrade a spell. Their overall cost and potency are the only things that change, but the spell animation does not. So they're kind of the same ability just a bit more stronger. Besides, do we really need three separate pages for Lancet I, Lancet II, and Lancet III? A lot of those pages would be so empty aside from an image and three sentences saying what it does and what summon they learn it from. Imo, I think this kind of stuff can be put on just the plain old lancet page and just give info on the different ranks if need be. However, this only what I think lol. I would like some input on what you think. :o --Miphares (talk) 22:39, March 16, 2015 (UTC)
I agree. If it's similar to FFII in that regards, then them being on the same base page should be fine enough. Especially if the only change is like...MP cost or spell power. No sense in having 3 nearly identical pages and all that.
Hmm...I'm liking how the sandbox page is turning out so far for the summons, it's looking real nice! Some of them summons though...I'm looking at you Lady Bomb/Sylph/Fairy! >_>;;I was going to put the images on pages but since you'll probably be handling that once you get the stuff done for that, I'm going to hold off on doing that. So gonna rely on you to put them all on the appropriate pages whenever you get done! Keep up the good work with that! ^^
- Thanks, just doing what I can. Also, yeah the summons are pretty "unique" (being kind), the Moe Momb Waifu summon made me facepalm a couple of times. 8| But yeah, I'll be adding all the images once I finish uploading all of them. I'll also try to update the appearance sections for most of the summons once I finish the sandbox stuff and also when most of the summon stat tables are finished on the sites I get my info from. --Miphares (talk) 02:33, March 23, 2015 (UTC)
Ah, thanks for catching the X-2 Nova, forgot all about that one. Gotta love how abilities are so different in versions (who knew that X-2's Supernova wasn't Supernova at all?). But I am here to request your help on something that's going to be a pain to deal with. If you've seen the RC, you'll notice Tsunami being talked about. That thing needs split up something fierce, but the problem is, I don't know what ability is supposed to be what for some of them. Some are Tsunami but actually Tidal Wave and Big Tsunami and Deluge, while others are not what they're called. If you can help figure out which is what, that'd be fantastic. I already dealt with some other stuff here and there (Sunburst was apparently Supernova in FFX/X-2, but it's not Supernova in Brigade...and then there was the whole Magic Break, Mental Break, and Mind Break dilemma...). x_x;;
- Sorry about the late response, I've been extremely busy this week with midterms and dealing with two web blackouts. 8/ So a lot of the times I have not been able to get back to you this week (or work on my sandbox at all -___-). If I have missed anything you want me to take a gander at, please link me to them. As for the Tsunami thing, I'll be able to to do what I can do to help, as for the other pages you're splitting I can be of service if you need some things.
- Also pertaining to Japanese translations stuff you've been writing on the talk pages of the ability pages that need splitting, I have one for suggestion that will literally blow things up. >_> Examining the Comet ability, I notice that two separate abilities are paired together on this wiki, Comet and Meteorite. The wiki seems to pair up these two into the same page, even though they are two entirely different abilities, the usual Comet spell is (コメット, Kometto?) and the second is Meteorite (プチメテオ, Puchi Meteo?, lit. Mini-Meteo). There's a fair amount of games where the abilities appear as two separate abilities (EX: FFIX, FFXI, and CC:FFVII), which I believe warrants us to separate the ability into a separate pages. I have the lists for the appearances for both abilities:
- Comet - FFI, FFV, FFVII, BCFFVII, CCFFVII, GBVII, FFIX, FFXI, FFXII, FFXIIRW, FFD, BDFF, FFAB (Aerith's Comet), FFATB, and FFRK
- Meteorite (Puchi-Meteor) - FFIV (Comet), FFIV-I-(Comet), FFIVAY(Comet), CCFFVII (Meteorite), FFIX (Meteorite), FFXI (Meteorite), FFXIV (Starstorm), FFTA (Meteorite), DDFF (Onion Knight's Comet), FFTA2 (Meteorite), FFAB (Carbuncle's Meteoreite), and FFTCG (Palom's Card)
- Also to note, I'm not speaking of the Emperor's Starfall which is called Meteorite (いんせき, Inseki?) in Japanese. I'm kind of wanting your opinion if these should be requested for split or not. --Miphares (talk) 09:25, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
If they're not the same ability in the Japanese version, they need to be split. I don't see why not really. I've actually been looking through translations tonight starting at the FFV Translations pages and going through the abilities there (no need to really do equipment since I did those a loooong time ago). If you'd like to help with this massive project, abilities are the only things to look through right now. Unless you'd wanna double over the equipment and items, but again, shouldn't really be a need for that at this point (I think...). Just make a note on the ability page for the split, and in the Articles to Move Topic, under the Splitting section (you'll see that THAT section is starting to get really big now...).
Just noting that I put the information that you gave me, in addition to what I found on a site that I'm using for cross-referencing, for Comet/Meteor/Meteorite/Starfall/etc. on the Meteor (Ability) talk page. That thing sure is a...thing. Also a crapton of other things got added to the Articles to Move Topic in the Splitting section. What a mess this is turning out to be oi vey @_@;
- Yeah I just saw that after reading your current message here, yep its a major mess with those Meteor-like spells. Oh yeah, since you asked on the talk I'll reply here for FFXIV, FFXIV's version of the Limit Break is called (メテオ, Meteo?, lit. Meteo) and also I'll mention FFL:TnS uses the usual Meteo ability, however due to the weird tier system the spell is called (メテオI, Meteo I?, lit. Meteo I). --Miphares (talk) 15:51, March 28, 2015 (UTC)
FFXIV Icons Edit
Hey there, I was wondering if you'd know how to grab icons for Elements and Statuses (although the latter can use a lot of ability images already uploaded) for FFXIV? On the subject, I'm not sure what there is to say about elements in FFXIV, they're not too important. I mean, there's the resistances, there's a few enemies using the elements, the materia...BLM abilities...dunno what else. : |-- Technobliterator TC 13:04, April 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello, apologies for the late reply, I was out all day due to the holiday. Hm, I can get the icons for the elements by just ripping them from the game I suppose, I have done 4 of them here.However, I do not recall blunt and slashing damage having elemental icons, but I can't recall atm. I usually have my character menu on the commendation screen. 8/ Yeah what you stated is basically all elements do in FFXIV, they really don't hold any importance like they did in 1.0 tbh.
- Also with status ailment icons, those are easy to obtain by going to XIVDB.com, however only hassle will be to crop them out since the site does not allow users to save their images and also that would be near hundreds of status ailments to add to the status ailment list also, since the game has so many, including even status effects if you plan on counting them on that page. I have a bit (like 1.5% I bet) on my imgur at the moment also. Can be found here --Miphares (talk) 07:22, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Expanded List of Elements a little bit, could do with more, probably. Working on grabbing element/status icons is something we can do. Also, not sure if we shouldn't put class/job abilities in a List of Final Fantasy XIV Abilities page? Several abilities are shared and/or are cross class abilities.-- Technobliterator TC 22:43, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, weird I didn't notice I had another message from you, I think someone in my household was on this site and hit the new message button without informing me.
- Hm, I don't believe that "List of Final Fantasy XIV Abilities" might be needed since all the info if already on the class pages and would be cluttered when future updates come out and what not. However, I think a page more appropriately called "List of Final Fantasy XIV Cross Class Abilities" would be needed on here, would be better than instead of copy and pasting a template with all the cross class abilities on multiple class articles essentially repeating the same thing, since like you said many share them (EX: WHM and BLM having access to the same ACN skills, BLM and SMN using the same BRD skills). If we do something it could be connected with the "See Also" template in the ability section of each page tbh.
- Also I can try to finish extracting the last 2 icons for the elements later on sometime today or tomorrow, I've been extremely busy irl this week and when I came back most of my time went into updating all the new info for FFLTnS, so I didn't not get the chance to finish before. --Miphares (talk) 13:03, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
Part of the same topic so I'll use the same header: where do you get the icons from? I've been uploading icons from the game data, as you'll see at List of Final Fantasy XIV Armor/Shield, but my icons are smaller than yours...?-- Technobliterator TC 15:53, June 3, 2015 (UTC)
- That is because I got most of the equipment images from the FFXIV.Gamerscape wiki a while back. Many of their equipment icons are larger compared to most game rips. They still have plenty of the larger quality rips available. However, your data rips are still the actual sizing for the icons in-game on the character menu and still look pretty good, since that's what the other FFXIV wikis use. --Miphares (talk) 01:33, June 4, 2015 (UTC)
FFXIV Abilities Edit
Hey there, do you happen to know the ability changes for FFXIV 3.0? I don't recall the exact changes being listed in patch notes, but I do know that MNK's Demolish now has a longer duration. I would update, but I don't know all of them. Also, if you get the chance, Forum:FFXIV Revamp Project might be worth checking out if you need stuff to do on-and-off. ^.^-- Technobliterator TC 23:27, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Considering I only play healer on FFXIV and nothing else, I'm very unfamiliar to the changes that happens to other classes as of this moment. I am aware of a few I encountered and some people on Gilgamesh have been complaining about in Shout.
- Here are some, Scholar's Lustrate is no longer percentage based and has a potency now and effected by Eos' Whispering Dawn and Mantra, Holy potency gets cut 10-40% for using it four times after the first time using it, until it deals 50% of its based potency every use after using it the 5th time; the same happened with Black Mage's Flare, Tri-Disaster is now Tri-Bind, Barrage now does 2 attacks instead of 3, Rain of Death and Wide Volley's potency have been reduced to 110 and 100 respectively, Ifrit-Egi's Radiant Shield is now an AoE that effects all party members; encountered this during Ravana HM, and Ninja's Perfect Dodge no longer has the chance to take no damage from an attack for 5 seconds and now has the chance to have an enemy attack deal 75% less damage for the next 20 seconds on the user. Other than that, that's all I got atm. :|
- As for the FFXIV revamp stuff. One way I know I can help is covering maybe the raid dungeon stuff like I did with the Second Coil of Bahamut when it comes to the story and images for them, since I know some people on here don't do them aside from Sovereign, me, and possibly Melios. Although I know I have taken longer to get them due to my previous server Diabolos becoming a pile of elitist garbage, but I digress. Also I can help on job pages for images too, their ability icons, enemy abilities, and by now you notice my coverage on the Japanese version of the game. Also I do have a lot of images on my storage of the dungeons, boss encounters, story scenes, and zones. Just for an fyi, I do play on the PS3 and don't know if you guys want them, I know some people who play FFXIV are very picky about the PS3's quality of the game. Although a lot of the stuff I can do to help might not be able to happen until after the week of July 4th, I'm current booked with summer school crunch time as of this moment. :o --Miphares (talk) 00:17, June 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Ahh, thanks for the change list. I'll probably get to adding those changes soon if you don't beat me to it. Hoping to get it done after HW's non-early acces release. I only really play MNK and tank so...:P planning on switching from PLD to DRK after the new job craze ends though.
- Well, we have people on the wiki wo have gotten to the CoB raids, but most of them don't tend to edit the wiki much these days. Yuanchosaan, Kuja FFIX Hexedmagica and 8bit BlackMage are all FFXIV players who have done it, but without prodding they don't really do much. Jimcloud also played but is not playing ATM and is too busy with the other stuff she's doing right to edit much. But, yeah, working on CoB pages would definitely be useful. I would suggest following what I did on The World of Darkness and The Wanderer's Palace (Hard) for ideas. I haven't written any trial pages, but those orthings you can work on too if you're interested. Images would also be greatly appreciated.
- Thanks for all the help! Lemme know if you need anything. I should hopefully be working on filling out inventory and quests, which will take ages, but are fundamental to basically everything else. Oh, and I know all about the elitist garbage in CoB :P just ask the folks on IRC what I was like when I did T5,rofl.-- Technobliterator TC 00:57, June 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Ah I see, didn't know there were a lot of FFXIV players among the staff, but then again I haven't stepped foot into IRC since like 2009. (;; >_>) Anyways I like what you have done to those two instances with the infobox, I was going to suggest that last year, but I was mostly unsure if the wiki wanted to do that kind of coverage stuff. Also I wanted to ask if we're adding those to instance pages, I'm kind of wondering are we going to be making separate pages each Coil turn and the BCoB, SCoB, FCoB pages serve as parent pages for them? --Miphares (talk) 14:04, June 23, 2015 (UTC)
Pet Icons Edit
A few appear in Special:UnusedFiles which you uploaded a while back; where did you plan on putting them? I'm not sure where FFXIV pets or minions are covered, only companions.-- Technobliterator TC 20:18, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello, sorry about this late reply. Been out of town recently due to irl stuff. Iirc, those icons were originally on the Arcanist page for the pet hotbar command section, which has been removed since your remodeling of the page. If you want to add the section back and keep the icons or have them deleted is entirely up to you. :o --Miphares (talk) 02:19, July 27, 2015 (UTC)
FFLTNS Event in PFF Edit
Since you deal with TNS, perhaps you can be of help here? I don't know who these enemies are (and I haven't looked to see what their abilities are yet), but maybe you can help?
- Wow message is pretty old, I apologize for nearly responding a MONTH late. As you can tell I had little time on being on the wiki or had time to do translations stuff on FFXIV and TnS until recently, mainly due to family obligations, personal health, and school. I should've left a notice a notice or something on my user page or something a while ago, so yeah my fault.
- Idk if you ever got help on translating the stuff in the video, but I'm looking at some of the stuff and having a bit trouble on the enemies aside from Death Lord. Also I assume the abilities you want me to look at are the enemy abilities and Aemo's abilities, yes? I can look into more after I catch up on the TnS and some of the FFXIV translations I left unfinished. --Miphares (talk) 06:35, November 27, 2015 (UTC)
Can you go through the summons page and make sure that each disambig/page has an entry for TnS? I already added the one for Gold Dragon and Demon Wall, but I'm pretty sure there's several others that don't have one (I know Golbez doesn't, and I'm pretty sure Exdeath doesn't either).
- Sure, no problem. I'll try to get the abilities also while I'm at it. --Miphares (talk) 22:47, January 13, 2016 (UTC)
On that note, make sure that you put the sections in the right spots on articles too. I moved the one on Exdeath's page to the proper spot (it's after Dimensions and before Dissidia that it's supposed to be placed).
- Okay sorry about that, I tend to forget that this game is a sequel of sorts to Dimensions. Curious though, since some of these are enemy cameos as summons, should they get a summon page that needs to be disambiguate to? Or should it just be placed in the enemy page itself? I referring to enemies like Calofisteri, Catastrophe, Melusine. --Miphares (talk) 23:16, January 13, 2016 (UTC)
That's...a good question actually, and one that you should bring up to the others like Techno and JBed.
FF2 Versions help Edit
Thanks for the assist on the FFII Version differences page.
- Np, I'm willing to help in any rewrites of spots. However atm I think the page is fine, you did a good job on it. Besides I only played FF2 once and passed it. I have tried numerous times to replay most versions, but I quit due to boredom, so I'm not exactly sure what else I can help in that page aside from the common knowledge. --Miphares (talk) 03:52, January 27, 2016 (UTC)
Think you can help with the translations and abilities and whatnot for Dissidia Arcade? I left a link to a playlist for movesets on the mainpage talk page. Could also snag screenshots from the YT vids as temporary placeholders for now I suppose.
- Okay, I'll look into doing this on the translation side of things if anything. I just got done with Ramza's abilities, I'll be trying to do more from what is on the jpn wiki. --Miphares (talk) 05:58, February 5, 2016 (UTC)
EDIT - Nevermind, it just seems the wiki outright didn't have it (Transience is what 刹那 was...)
Need your help, if you can. This one is for something of Fang's, probably from LRXIII.
Thank you very much for helping on that. I was trying my darndest to figure that out, but we didn't have that on the wiki I think heh. I know there's a Snow ability from LRXIII that I haven't figured out yet either (it has a 100% or something in the name. I can't find it at the current time but yeah). I'll be sure to rename that Fang ability to that. Once again, thanks for the help on that. ^^
If I may ask for your help again, I need to figure out what this is. It's for Yuna, and I know it's Kozuka, but I don't know what's BEFORE Kozuka. I got the "Summon" or "Aeon" part (召喚), but not everything before it...https://i.gyazo.com/17cf6a4eb2fdd89253a497cb3e8011eb.png
I need you to kindly go through the Unused Images category and place the proper FFLTNS images in their respective pages and/or put up for deletion. I can't tell what's supposed to stay or go (I could've sworn Valefor was on the Summon page for instance, but she's not. Yet we have the icon for her so...??).
- Oh good, you messaged me as soon as I got back from stuff. Yes I will go over them and place them in whatever they go into. Although heads up, I might be marking a large amount of them for deletion. * Also hm, Valefor must've gotten lost in the chart conversation from December, I'll be adding her back in. Mind linking me to the unused image category though, I can't find it >_> -- Keekian uploads a lot of images that end up being unneeded in the long run.Miphares (talk) 06:58, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
If there's anything else you can place anywhere too outside of that, that'd be helpful too. Some I already put on pages and whatnot but there's plenty of others I don't know what to do with heh. >_<
- Okay I'm looking at a lot of the images and they're upgraded version of most the Phantom Stones. I'm planning on reuploading all these in .PNG format when I have the chance anyways, because they're jpegs and pretty lower quality by default. So mind if I just mark them all up for deletion? Also I'm deleting some images I remember that were on your image hosting pages, because those were images Keekian kept shoving into the summon page for toki every couple of months as master summon examples. * -- Yes I know, I sound terrible, but I've been cleaning up Keekian's messes for nearly 8 months, more or less I'm fed up with him creating so many unused images on this wiki. (`_` )Miphares (talk) 07:27, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
Go ahead. If anything, maybe Techno or Catuse can get the bot to do a mass delete if there's that many of them.
EDIT - Just make sure that when you reupload them that you put them in the right places too! That'll help a lot. ^^;
Lok ok. I'll most likely re upload all those in png after I'm finished with the translation stuff. I know off topic, but any chance I can somehow call attention to the Toki no Suisho's summon issue with the gang here? I'm at the point of not knowing what to do with this game atm, do all the summon's deserve their own pages or should we just direct them to the main summon page and have all their alt Phantom Stone artworks in multiple tabs in the image section? There's about 220 summons at this point and it's continuing to grow. Some of the summons appears enemies and past characters, but I'm referring to the like Lui Bei, Rudra, Suseya, etc. Also do all the abilities the summons teach really need to be their own ability pages? Because there's amost 180+ atm. Also this game's main page is becoming over saturated with information; boss lists, gameplay, and other stuff, and the page is becoming a mess, but idk what to do at this point tbh. It's becoming very overwhelming atm. @_@ --Miphares (talk) 07:50, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
You can do that. It's probably wish to get them involved. Techno, Catuse, JBed, and the others are all good people to talk to about this issue. With the summons, I don't think they ALL need pages, no like Liu Bei or those guys. And not every ability and summon ability needs a page, only if they're recurring enough and/or are already on pages. But having them on disambigs is important. So yeah, bring the others here to talk about it if you must.
Final Fantasy EventEdit
Congratulations! As a valued member of the Wikia community, we are pleased to offer you an exclusive opportunity to attend a live event in celebration of Final Fantasy XV. This event is open to the public, but Square Enix has arranged for fans like yourself to get guaranteed access. Here are the details:
What: Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Where: Shrine Hollywood When: March 30, 7pm
If you are interested, please reply with your full name and email address, and we will send a confirmation once you are on the list. Spaces are limited, so please make sure you respond as soon as possible.
Here is the facebook link to the event; https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasy/photos/a.597630026938427.1073741826.362460097122089/1150676994967058/?type=3&theater
Let me know if you have any questions,
- Thanks for the offer, but I already have my ticket on reserve. --Miphares (talk) 01:09, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
Say, would you be interested in helping on making pages akin to User:Xenomic/Sandbox2/SSR+ Legends for the Abilities, Legends, and Weapons for this game? Would just have to keep the naming scheme the same as listed, and use Marshy's site (found here: http://ffbrigade-marshy705.com/page1 ) as a reference to make sure that the pages are as they should be and ordered as such. It'll help in the long run with finding what's new and missing and whatnot (N/N+/R/R+/SR/SR+ can be ignored for all 3 categories as they never get anything new anymore. UUR and CR aren't in the same boat, but they should be caught up. It's mostly SSR/SSR+/UR/UR+ that may need checked to make sure everything's gotten...). Up to you, of course. It's a really big task, and I'm highly unlikely to finish it all myself...
- Sorry been under the weather lately. Okay as for the first question, hm I'll have to think about it. Atm I'm still translating some of FFXIV's thing and some of Toki no Suisho's (characters, areas, abilities, etc). But I do think I can eventually help out if needed. Also for the translations, first one is Tension 200% (テンション 200%), called "200% Energy" in FFXIII-2. As for the FFVI kanji, its our good ol' friend the Zantetsuken (斬鉄剣). --Miphares (talk) 05:38, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
Well no wonder I didn't know what the weapon was, it's not called that for the weapon in there and only for the summon ability hurr. And thanks for the Snow one, I would've never guessed that as I can't even seem to find the ability named on the wiki at all. And yeah, no worries on the FFAB stuff if you're that busy. I'm probably going to tackle the smaller ones to get them out of the way quickly, which will leave the big ones left which is always fun. Weapons are going to be the worst things out of the bunch though ugh...
Another really, REALLY big request, this one is for Brave Exvius, over at User:Xenomic/Sandbox3. Mostly for the items than for equipment, I'm pretty sure all of the equipment is fine. Just a lot of the items I'm not sure on (I went with what I had, but you'll see that they might not be right. I also don't know if they go on the correct pages either (i.e. Fire Crystal, Wind Crystal, Dark Crystal, etc. on their proper item pages), so if you can help figure that out, that'd be great.For now, gonna add the rest of the sections to articles if I can, and then work on abilities and monsters. If you'd like to do the translation page, the Sandbox works best as I have them in the order that the JPN wiki has them. Characters and the like aren't listed on that sandbox and would have to be gotten from the wiki. ^^;
- I can translate some of the stuff when I have the free time, some of the stuff seems easy to translate. Not sure I'll make a translation page, but I can link you to my second sandbox where I will most likely add them there later. --Miphares (talk) 07:52, March 12, 2016 (UTC)
That'll help. I finished up adding in the Special abilities, so that's all taken care of. Will start adding things to their pages now, enemies will come later. ^^;
- Lol, here ya go. That was surprisingly easy to get my hands on. Also yeah, I have a couple of abilities I've screenshotted so far, but it's kind of going to be a long and hard process since the Mootie roaming warrior friends list is random at times and the animations are super quick. Not to mention the gasha in that game is absolutely terrible, like worse than FFRK global's gasha, so I keep getting absolute garbage for summon rolls. 9_9 --Miphares (talk) 20:13, April 14, 2016 (UTC)
Hooray!!! Much obliged for that~ ^^ Wonder how hard it is to get the artworks for other characters, dunno if you snag that from in-game or not. o.oAh. That does sound terrible, ho boy! Well, whatever you can snag will help at any cost~ ^^
This is another big request, concerning TNS actually. Since I took the liberty of adding Garnet's, Eiko's, and Edge's artworks to the proper weapon pages, now I'm wondering if there's any other FF characters with artworks that have weapons in them as well? I guess I COULD take a look at the Phantom Stones too that are on the wiki, but seeing the artworks is a lot clearer (I didn't even realize Eiko had the Angel Flute in hers, for instance). Clearly, that would take a lot to do all of that, and I know you've enough on your plate as is, but thought it was something to bring up. I'm also debating taking a look at other characters with their models/artwork and throwing those onto the proper pages (I...don't think Onion Knight's Dissidia weapon is on any page? Though it isn't named so...not sure. Then again, FFAB and other places have Onion Blade from DFF so maybe it's the same thing? I don't know heh!), but whether I get to that or not, I don't know either! ^^;
- Hm yeah I'll be searching up the artworks then, I forgot completely about those weapons being in the artwork. I'll be looking for the Onion job phantom stone artworks, since they use the FF3 weapons too. For ones I'm sure of atm, Garnet wields the Wizard Rod in her default artwork and the Ninja carries the Masamune from FF3 in its right hand and the default shuriken in his left. Oh speaking of Shurikens, was going to mention this on the Fuma Shuriken page, but that page needs to be moved since Fuma Shuriken is an ability in FFXIV and TnS, but I digress on that. But yeah I'll look up the artwork rights now for ya. --Miphares (talk) 01:05, April 17, 2016 (UTC)
From what I saw for Garnet, it's Whale Whisker (much like Eiko's is Angel Flute and Edge's I'm guessing is Fuma Shuriken). I didn't even notice the Ninja one, maybe I missed it on the Phantom Stone image (I just looked over the page and mainly looked for characters like Rydia and Garnet, but none of the others like those seemed to have had any. Didn't look at any of the jobs or other characters heh). And well, can add that one to the Articles to Move list then!
- Okay from what I have seen in the official artwork for the FF3, the Onion "Sage"* and Onion "Knight" jobs wield weapons that I cannot tell what they are. although it looks like it wields the Crystal Rod
- Here are the weapons I have spotted:
- This is all I have atm. --Miphares (talk) 01:53, April 17, 2016 (UTC)
Added what I could to the pages. Forgot the Phantom Stones at different ranks had different weapons for characters, no wonder you saying that about Garnet with the Wizard Rod threw me off lol. The Bard one I don't know if I can place anywhere since we don't have anything for the artifact set from XIV? Then again, I could be wrong. The Onion Dragoon one just needs the artwork uploaded and put onto the page to replace what I put there (unless that one is also the Gae Bolg too, but the artwork shows it much better). Much obliged for looking those up, I didn't even notice the Masamune or Crystal Shield until I looked at the pages!
User talk:Xenomic/Weapons to Make. Need your help on this matter, if you can give any. I may have skimmed over some others too (I skimmed over Kain since his is never an equippable weapon in game yet. But those like Jecht and Celes are listed right now since they've had their weapons as actual weapons. Terra's the only exception right now to this rule, and I think it's noted as such on the article itself).
- Adelle: Default knife in her artwork
- Agrias: Seems like a regular long sword.
- Ayame: Great Katana weapon
- Basch: Seems to be the Claymore maybe
- Cecil: Mythgraven Blade (Amano Version)/A Dark Sword (Amano artwork)
- Cyan: Katana (Cant tell tbh)
- Frimelda: Sword in her artwork.
- Genesis: Rapier in his artwork.
- Gilgamesh: Nagigatana from his artwork/sprite.
- Kimahri: Spear model similar to the Full Metal Spear.
- Leila: Dagger from her artwork.
- Leon: Sword from his artwork.
- Llyud: Spear from his artwork.
- Papalymo: Staff from render, recurring in game model and has no lore name.
- Ramza: Seems like a regular long sword.
- Vincent: Seems to be the Cerberus.
- Y'shtola: 1.0-2.0 staff from her render. Recurring game model and no lore name.
Ah. So pretty much none of these are really anything special then. Ok, thanks for the help!
Re:Summon Page Edit
Toki no Suishō summons Edit
So, I wanted to make sure: in this game, are there 2 Shinryu summons, Shinryu and Shinryu Ω, and both theirs summon abilities are Tidal Wave Ω? Or is it a mistake?--LeafShinobi (talk) 16:40, May 27, 2016 (UTC)
- No that may have been my mistake, see when I was fixing the mess up coding yesterday on the table both Shinyru's special attacks were stacked together in regular Shinyru's table section, same happened with Two-Headed Dragon and Twintania's also. I may have deleted the incorrect one due to having a stupid hotheaded brain trying to rapidly fix everything caused in the week of my minor absence. It's fixed now, Shinyru has Great Tidal Wave and Shinryu Ω uses Tidal Wave Ω. --Miphares (talk) 17:42, May 27, 2016 (UTC)
Yes it was a mistake, but not by me. That was Keek's, I was originally going to leave the page as it was, mainly due to the fact I was extracting and editing summon stones images, but there were too many translation errors that needed to be fixed asap, Shinyru α being one of them. The name is しんりゅうΩ, lit Shinyru Ω. --Miphares (talk) 18:24, May 27, 2016 (UTC) "Many thanks.--LeafShinobi (talk) 18:42, May 27, 2016 (UTC)
RE: FFRK Romancing Saga 2 EventEdit
Perhaps you can help with renaming these enemies/abilities to their proper names? I honestly just guessed at a lot of them (surprised I got Wagnas correct, that was a complete guess on my part), and I know for a fact that a lot of the abilities and enemies aren't named properly. ^^;(Also yes, 4 appearances of an ability is enough for an ability page, 3 if its tied to a specific character, like with Cid Raine's Seraphic Ray now. This also means Ultima Beam has enough appearances too at the current time, since it's used by Ultima Weapon specifically. Maybe not all 3 are the SAME Ultima Weapon, but it's still Ultima Weapon).
- Sorry about the late reply. Anyways I'm only familiar with a few things from the official localization of RS2, but I'll see if there's anything else I can help with. I've only played RS2 in Japanese and with partial fan patches. And okay about the ability stuff, I thought it was something like that. Also what's our policy on recurring guest characters from other games? I've been wondering since Aya Brea has an article on here. Just asking since Rocbouquet from Romancing Saga 2 and a couple others have had a couple of guest appearances in the series so far. Do we do the same for them like with Aya Brea or do we simply just ignore these characters since they're in mobile? --Miphares (talk) 20:13, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
Hmmm...I think they can be ignored for now. They may need more appearances than they have before they can even get their own articles, I think anyways.
- Okay gotcha, just asking since Rocbouquet had three appearances and we made the Aya Brea article when she had two appearances. With more guest characters appearing as bosses or summons, I've just been curious. --Miphares (talk) 08:15, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
Three?? What's the 3rd appearance then? o_OHm...I'd talk to Kaimi, Techno, and the others on the matter if she's had that many.
Aya Brea had a page for just her appearance in Chocobo Racing alone, because every character in that game got a page.
The other stuff on that page is just bonus (Jack rides on his single appearance). We don't have a "guest character" type page, as evidenced by Aya Brea's only cat and template being for her role as the Chocobo Racing character.
Though if it were me I might consider giving a guest-character a page if their likeness appears in two FF games. And we can probably consider adding Guests to Template:Characters. JBed (talk) 08:51, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
Seeing how guests have been appearing primarily in Mobile release (FFRK, FFBE, and FFLTNS in particular are the main three. I don't THINK PFF had any guests from other series appear), I can get behind that myself. Though if we were to do that, how many appearances minimum do you think they should get before getting a page and on the template? Because if we have 1 minimum, that'd be a lot, and even at 2 might be a lot because of FFRK and TNS. FFBE would only really matter with Secret of Mana characters right now I think since there wasn't any other events?? Or maybe there was and I'm forgetting...
- Oh I see JBed, I didn't know the page was created solely due to her Chocobo Racing originally, I always thought it was due to her appearance Chocobo Racing and the D012 costume.
- I'm leaning towards guest-character pages if you all deem it within the wiki coverage. However, I agree with Xeno on the one appearance, especially since crap like Toki no Suisho practically grabs any guest character from games Tokita has worked on or games from the SNES. So I'm leaning towards two or three to qualify in order to avoid mass saturation of these types of pages.
- And to answer your first reply Xeno, Rocbouquet has three appearances, one in Final Fantasy Tactics S as a playable character unit with the job "Seven Hero" for the Emperor Saga event, here's the artwork. She appeared in Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suisho as a non-elemental summon. Lastly, she appeared Final Fantasy Record Keeper recently as a new event boss. I only know this since Rocbouqet sadly has become the "omfg, she be my waifu!!!!" of the Saga series now. 8| --Miphares (talk) 09:16, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
Oh...I forgot all about FFTS, and I didn't even realize she was part of that at all. I like that design over the one that I saw recently in FFRK though. I'd honestly think that'd be more than enough appearances for her to get her own article then for sure. Were there any other characters that may have had at least 2-3 appearances that were in any of the mobile games (FFTS, FFRK, FFBE, FFLTNS, PFF) while we're at it? I don't SEE anymore from FFTS (but I don't think we even have all the data from that game. It's impossible to find any anyways. Btw, might as well upload that artwork to the site, since you have it. Any other artworks like that that we don't have, upload them too if you can so happen to find em).
Currently the characters with appearances in the series are the Seven Heroes from Romancing Saga 2. Noel, Subier, Wagnas, Kznissie, Rocbouquet, Bokhon, and Dantarg. Each having three appearances in FFLTnS, FFRK, and now FFBE for the Imperial Saga event, bar Roc who has four appearances now, FFTS, FFLTnS, FFRK, and FFBE. Not sure about other characters tbh, I can look others up later. Also as to FFTS, failed and shut down on July 14th 2014, I don't even think it's on the app stores anymore was a very short lived mobile game. So a lot of the stuff from that game are now gone and forgotten. I think I have only Roc's artwork and the LoV guest character's artwork, that's about it. --Miphares (talk) 19:33, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
Just so you know, we're moving to the new gallery tag. See Forum:Portability FAQ and description. We're switching to use our proper bot now, but we were using one of Wikia's while doing a trial run of the script.-- Technobliterator TC 22:28, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Ah okay, gotcha. I have to get into the habit of reading the RTA portion of the forums more often. Thanks for letting me know. :o --Miphares (talk) 22:36, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
So, this may be an ongoing thing, but first thing's first: Is Gilgamesh's Form Change! the same as Morphing Time!? As in, does it share the same kanji/romaji at all? I'm getting the feeling it may, so if it does, please add the section to that page. May need to review that Summons page to see what all needs added to articles. Also, would you be able to split the page into subpages for each element? That'll help with the loading time on that page, since some people are having issues with that. If you need help with that, let me know and I'll help ya out.
- No, the Form Change! (フォームチェンジ！) ability is not the same as the Morphing Time! (ギルガメッシュチェンジ) ability. I checked that a couple of months ago when the released the summon. While not the same ability, it is indeed a reference to said statement/ability.
- At the moment I think there are summons that aren't on their parent pages, I need to go over them. Also yeah the page needs to be split at this point, I can't edit the full page without the editor lagging. I guess we should use any of these formats for the sub page names, "Summon (Legends II)/Fire-elemental summons", "Summon (Legends II)/Fire summons", or just "Summon (Legends II)/Fire". Don't know which one sounds good tbh. Honestly, this would be a good place to also show all the special attacks of the summons also if we wanted to. Also help would greatly be appreciated. --Miphares (talk) 09:14, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
There, I split the Fire-elemental summons from the page. The rest should be easy enough to split up like that. I'll let you handle the rest and clean them up.As for Form Change...do you think we should add that to the page then or not? It's a clear reference (because really, what else would it reference with Gilgamesh there?) so I see no qualms with it despite the different names.
- Okay, thanks for that.
- As for adding it, I'm kind of leaning towards yes, since the ability is indeed a reference to the line and I believe Gilgamesh did use that ability (he used the Gilgamesh summon) during the event battle with him. --Miphares (talk) 09:37, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
Oi, is that Soul Spiral ability the same as Sabin's Soul Spiral?? Does it share the same kanji/romaji or whatever? Haven't been seeing your translation page being updated with the new stuff so I can't tell. If it is, do let me know, deciding if it should get article if it is the same.
- Yep the Wind Drake's summon ability is the same in Japanese as Sabin's Soul Spiral ability, being Spiral Soul (スパイラルソウル) in Japanese. Also, yeah I haven't been able update the Toki no Suisho translations on my sandbox or the images for the summons lately, mainly due to health issues. I'll try to get everything updated in the next couple of days to lend a helping hand on more ability info for ya boss. ( ',')b --Miphares (talk) 09:28, July 20, 2016 (UTC)
Oi, don't overwork yourself if you aren't feeling good, savvy? Health comes first!
So I just got done splitting Revenge Blast, Minus Strike, and Pumpkin Head from Lifebreak (and more to be split). Think you can tell me which of these abilities are in the game? I remember Revenge Blast being in, and I WANT to say Pumpkin Head is in too, but I'm not sure and I'm not sure on the others...
Toki no Suishō's Juno Edit
- It's "June Grace", referencing the fact that the month of June derives from the Goddess Juno, who named the month after herself in Roman mythology. Also Juno is (ユーノー) and June is (ジューン). --Miphares (talk) 00:09, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
Ah, much obliged. I could've sworn I looked at Yojimbo's name but didn't see the matching kanji. Welp, at least that solves that mystery! Most of the mysteries on the PFF Enemy Ability Lists talk page needs solved too, if by any chance you can solved what's there. ^^;
Got another one for you, this one for Amodar. It's not on the translations page (seems most of the DLC stuff isn't there), but I'm ASSUMING this is Iron Bear Claw?https://i.gyazo.com/1d71a1f0cc4068beec697cc513b3a277.png
Here's the site I use to get all the sprites and data. Unfortunately, enemy abilities (and enemies) aren't really shown here (they never updated that section like ever. Probably was too tedious to do, and most enemy abilities were pretty much similar to one another). However, if you can help with ANYTHING related to PFF from that site, that'd be great. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that isn't on the wiki for it because of the Japanese language. ^^:
New one, this one is...some weapon??
If I can get your help on that, that'd be great. I don't see the translation for it on the translations page, so I've no idea what it is. It doesn't seem like a Noel OR Serah weapon so...can't think of what else it would be! @_@;;
About the tabbers, all I know is something about it not working right on Mobile or something? I think it's said on Techno's talk page, so may have to drop by there to see. It's relatively annoying IMO but...
- Bingo. Mercury can't render tabs at all, and they're often inappropriate for what we've used them for. My understanding is that they're a relic of an older engine that should be retired for the sake of compliance. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 07:26, September 23, 2016 (UTC)
- I just read it, all this stuff happens when I have to disappear for nearly a month @_@ I mean I understand where this is coming from, but this is totally lame. Idk, I'm not gonna express my annoyance on this though, not my place. :X Oh boy though, fixing some of the summon pages that originally had Toki no Suisho tabbers for different forms is going to be a challenging thing, but I'm sure I can figure out what to do. Just be ready for more summon pages being made. :P --Miphares (talk) 07:28, September 23, 2016 (UTC)
Has there even been anything really new with the game in the past month? I haven't seen much data on it since forever ago, so...also, now I'm curious to know what the Celes art might look like~ : o(Also, if you can help with those translations on this page and on the PFF enemy abilities page, that'd be great. Up to you of course, since I'm sure you're busy. ^^; )
- That game has been having a fair amount of new summons and huge content update in the last 3 months I last played. I recently logged back into it this week and saw the did an overall on some of the menus and other things. Also changed the summon stone format again, last format was garbage and made getting the images a hassle where I had to do image correction on GIMP to remove the big letters covering the artwork.
- Also yeah sorry I missed those, I've been sick a ton lately, so when you sent those I was already gone unfortunately. However, I'll look into those once the Toki no Suisho stuff is finally updated completely.
- Also side note, this is the stone. I'll have the artwork soon if I can find it on 4Gamer or SocialGameInfo. --Miphares (talk) 07:44, September 23, 2016 (UTC)
Oho. I'm not a big Celes fan myself (I personally like Terra more, she's my favorite FF girl~), but Celes doesn't look half bad at all. o.o
Huh, interesting. Do we not have this on the wiki at all?? If not, we should. Wonder what other references there are like that.
Nope, as far as i know the Celes phantom stone and costume was only released yesterday, so i think the costume isn't up yet. Also i got a feeling more similar costumes will be released by the game soon. Keekian (talk) 04:09, September 24, 2016 (UTC)
Well, I already got the artwork and costume (well, not in-game screenshot of the costume, but using the one you linked pretty much) for Celes, as well as a bunch of other artworks, so I'll probably mass upload soon. I don't know if we have pages for all of these, nor do I know if all of these are correct. I'm assuming they are, but please make sure to doublecheck the uploads to make sure they're right. I'll probably put most of them on my Image Hosting Page3 for the game. ^^;
And all uploaded and placed on pages! Feel free to doublecheck and whatnot, and format those whenever the time comes. I don't know what to do with most of the artwork over on the Hosting pages, and I don't even know if those are the best quality ones (the PNG ones that I have for Rydia, Terra, Eiko, and Garnet for instance seem to be better quality than the JPG ones from the 4Gamer sites, even though they're smaller size?? I don't know how that works out, but it does? Guess because of JPG being JPG...).
- Well all those art work images can be placed on some pages we currently have. However for the time being, we may need to make a Toki no Suisho concept art page I suppose for the summon artwork, until they get proper summon pages and character pages. --Miphares (talk) 20:50, September 24, 2016 (UTC)
Hm...that's actually not a bad idea to place them on a page like that. We don't have one for that game yet??EDIT - Oh yes, do let me know if I named the files wrong. I'll fix the names if need be. ^^;;
Hm, I went over, these are the one's that need a name change.
- Aira -> Water Preistess (But she is indeed based on Aria though)
- Pudding -> Praline
- Thebes -> Diva
- FFLTNS Unknown Artwork 1.jpg - > Mother Brain
- FFLTNS Unknown Artwork 2.jpg - > Silver Merrow
- FFLTNS Unknown Artwork 3.jpg - > Kznissie
- FFLTNS Unknown Artwork 6.jpg - > Gold Dragon
Oops, dunno why I named it "Elia" when I knew it was Aria". Ah well, I know on 4Gamer it named that art "Aria" so that's what I went with for the name. So I guess that even cements that, eh? Should it be added to Aria's page at all then??Anywho, that's all of those renamed and whatnot. The rest I'll leave to you with the artwork. I only checked 4Gamer for artwork too, didn't try the other site that you mentioned. I might do that to see if there isn't more artwork. I also didn't get some of the artwork for the Gods, like Malboro God, so there might be those that I missed. If you want to get them or if you want me to get them, let me know either which way.
I do believe it should be mentioned on Aria's page (idk if it should be an other appearance or trivia though), since all the Water Priestess' moves are reference to FFIII, Eternal Water (being a reference to Eternal Wind, even sharing most of the same kanji, just a different character for water) and Water Crystal (referencing her role in FFIII's story). Also, I can try to find the artwork for them, the god summons have been a pain to find. However if you manage to find them before I do, go ahead and upload them. --Miphares (talk) 05:43, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
From what i see, every level of the "God" phantom stone increases the ability damage by 1% and decreases the MP cost by 1. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Shall we place that down in that wiki page? Keekian (talk) 06:20, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
Hmmmmm...probably Trivia then, yeah. Although it still called her by her name so...I'm still thinking we should have it as an Other Appearance because it SEEMS they still call her that?? Let's go with Other Appearances and note that she's called Water Priestess there. I'll get those Gods if I remember where they were. ^^;
Oh hey! That's mighty convenient! In fact, it can just go right to "Meteorite (ability)" since Meteorite refers to a few things already. The links afterwards can be cleaned up and then Comet (ability) fixed up as well. I think someone had a Brachioraidos page too, but I did that a while back. I couldn't remember who already did it, I feel like it was you though. Ah well, that's another one that needs moved around too, if Techno wasn't busy being confused about it heh...>_<
On that note, most of the translations from before are pretty much taken care of, thanks to JBed, so yay to that! PFF and FFAB all caught up, as well as TCG. That leaves FFLTNS to be caught up on a translation page for now, so that we know what's what (I'm sure there's abilities that I'm missing on pages because don't have all the kanji hue).EDIT - That reminds me of how Souleater, Sage's Surplice, and High Mage's Staff all need separated. Ugh...>_<
- Ah okay, sorry about not being able to get to those translations and Toki no Suisho stuff is being done on a sep document on my comp, I struggling finding the translations for some of the abilities. As to the meteorite stuff, I'll leave on my first sandbox if you want to do it. If not, I can move the stuff to that page, provided if you could wait for a few hours. I have to go to sleep atm, its 3am nearly at this point and I have important stuff in the morning lol. Up to you though. :o
- Also as to the Brachioraidos page, that was indeed me lol. :P --Miphares (talk) 10:03, October 5, 2016 (UTC)
It's no problem, you were busy and all that. Wiki isn't everything, savvy? Though wish I could make myself do less here hue...
Ah, got it. Whenever you get that translation page going, will definitely have to doublecheck all of the abilities to see if they're on the proper pages. Which...is going to be a thing, oh boy. Especially since some CAN go on pages despite their names (like the Cleansing abilities the Warring Triad uses), and then there's some that shouldn't be on pages that probably are right now. >_<I'll probably get around to the Meteorite thing today if you don't. Depends on how busy I am. Also, I KNEW it had to be you. I just had a feeling I've seen it somewhere but didn't know where. >_<
I...uh...I got carried away getting images for FFBE again. There were some nice ones for once showcasing characters, and then it just kept going and going. Wish I could get it for the lower-ranked ones like original Terra and Cyan. Never gonna get that Riot Blade or Spinning Edge at this rate! >_>;;
Yeah I wouldn't know too much about FFBE, I played for a week and quit. Wasn't too fun for me, also I play FFRK so I have enough gacha to get frustrated over. :X --Miphares (talk) 21:42, October 6, 2016 (UTC)
I kinda want to play it, but at the same time I avoid Mobile games like the plague heh. I'd be wanting and using mah Terra all the time, and never getting her because I'd want her. : VBut yeah, FFBE doesn't seem THAT bad, but there's a lot of times where it just seems very auto-pilot even in boss fights. Even moreso than FFRK from what I've seen. Still, we need images and whatnot, so still grabbing em from YT vids when possible. ^^;
Hello Miphares. what does "フリサドソング" translates to? it's the ability of the Giacial Lamia Matriarch. Thanks in advance. Here is the image source. http://cache.sqex-bridge.jp/img/ovOlN7lbQf Keekian (talk) 07:19, October 6, 2016 (UTC)
- Okay so the summon is named "Mother Lamia". As for the ability names, hm, I need to look a bit more into it sorry. --Miphares (talk) 21:41, October 6, 2016 (UTC)
Hello Miphares, is there a need to add a "current version" section in the main page of "Final fantasy legends: Toki no Suisho"? Current version is 2.2.0, upcoming version 3.0.0 coming in the first half November. Keekian (talk) 06:09, October 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Hm, I see it worth noting, but I think it would best be mentioned on a "Version Differences" similar to what Final Fantasy Record Keeper has here. If a page like that is made, we should have the features each version update adds. --Miphares (talk) 08:58, October 22, 2016 (UTC)
Glad to know that about the Cross Slash. At least that's one thing I don't have to wonder about heh. I'm currently getting a bunch of screenshots as you've probably saw, about done with the vids that I can do right now until more are uploaded, but dunno if some are the right names or just other abilities as usual. ^^;
Say, will you be able to help out with finding translations and stuff for WoFF?? That'd help out a lot with finding out what abilities are really supposed to be what and all that. Of course, that's a whole beast in itself, especially with all the other stuff you're doing, so up to you. ^^;
- Hm yeah I can look up some of the stuff, tbh I've been waiting until the jpn wiki is finally updating though, its a mess atm lol. However, I still peak in and out for fun in the mean time. One thing I was able to look at so far is that the "Mishiva" mirage is called Baby Shiva in jpn, sharing the same katakana name with Shivan, so that needs to made into a parent page now and the Revenant Wings enemy info needs to be moved to a "Shiva (Revenant Wings)" page. --Miphares (talk) 10:04, October 31, 2016 (UTC)
Oh, I didn't even realize that! I know that there's 3 abilities in PFF from the WoFF event that are Mirages, but I don't remember which ones they are. I think one of them is also Mishiva, but the other two I don't recall. I think it might be Joult for the Lightning one, and...I don't know for the fire one. You can see them on Pictlogica Final Fantasy spells in Black Magic I believe. They should also be on the translations page too.
EDIT - Ok, so I did the translations page, but didn't update it yet because I don't think I had all the updated names until recently from the spreadsheet ha. So that does need updated if you can get around to fixing that. There's a couple that I need to look into from PFF (サンダガイ and イフリー both are in PFF). Baby Shiva/Mishiva is indeed also in PFF, so that's 3 appearances for her which is enough for a Mishiva parent page.
It seems the site I WAS using, the 4Gamer site, hasn't updated in quite a while, so haven't gotten ANYTHING in terms of artwork which kinda sucks. T-T
EDIT - Also, MAY need the kanji for the summons in general, now that I'm thinking about it. I'm not sure if Lucifer, Astaroth, Fafnir, etc. are the same JPN names or not, which is going to make putting them in the same article tricky if they have enough. : S
- Late reply, was out to the late AMs at a party, sorry. @_@
- Okay, I can vouch that the Japanese names are the same for all of them, but I can start getting the Jpn names if needed. I do have a list on a hard drive somewhere. I can look for the artwork for Sarah, but it's been a lot hard lately. A lot of sites are tending to report on this game less and less, outside of the official Twitter and Square-Bridge, which doesn't have the artwork. I do have artwork that hasn't been uploaded here yet, so I can get those uploaded soon though.
- Side note: I updated some of the PFF translations for you. I'll get back to doing more of it later, there's something I need to review a bit. --Miphares (talk) 19:00, November 1, 2016 (UTC)
Truthfully, I'm surprised most of these mobile games ARE still going (especially PFF and FFAB. How those two have managed to come this far is beyond me...), and I'm surprised FFL has lasted as long as it has too. And FFRK, because it really REALLY feels like they've ran out of enemies/bosses to use without reusing the same thing over and over and over and over like they have been. >_<
Good to know they're all the same. Can never tell with Square, that's for sure heh.
If you can't, it's not a biggie. It'd be nice to have it for her page, since that is probably THE single best art for her (this game has a LOT of really, really good art for the series characters, it's ridiculous lol).Much obliged on the PFF translations!
Huh. Either I'm blind, or I can't really find that many on the Famitsu site at all. I put in what I could on the translation page for the enemies and added them to the appropriate pages. If you manage to find anymore, do let me know so that they can be added to the appropriate pages. With this, now Lamia Matriarch can get a page, oh boy
- That's fine and yes I will def keep a lookout for more enemy names. Also minor note, I've gotten back in the habit to attempt to make the summon pages for Toki no Suisho/Legends II. A few in the summons do play an important role in this game's story and there's a lot to put in individual pages that will not fit in the listing pages, mainly the parameters, abilities, and artist information of each summon. Yes it will be a painful task. However, with me having access to the game now again, it will not be as daunting a task as it used to be when I was relying on the jpn wikis. I figure I would say this now, I just don't want the people on this wiki thinking I'm making these summon pages because they're my waifus or something. :P --Miphares (talk) 07:54, November 5, 2016 (UTC)
Understandable. There's definitely a lot of data to be had from the game, and if Legends II isn't an expansion of this one, the data from this game might just disappear at some point (as Mobile games tend to want to do). I'll be looking round the net for more enemies (just found a couple new ones that will give new pages, yay!).Also, seems you couldn't find the art for Sarah in the end, eh? : <
- No I could not find her artwork, seems they're not releasing them anymore sadly. They're releasing the artworks attached to the hub images for some godforsaken reason. This thing annoys me....
- Also, from what I've been able to read on the notice in game, Legends II is a new huge upgraded/relaunch version Toki no Suisho. We will be able to prereg and transfer our data (levels, equipment, progress, summons) into the game to continue where you left off in the game. They will also give out a "Toki no Suisho" phantom stone. Tokita is calling this the "true" sequel to "Final Fantasy Legends 1" from what I've gathered, which also just reached 2 million downloads as of a few days ago. --Miphares (talk) 08:06, November 5, 2016 (UTC)
Yeah...I have that one from a few days ago, but well...if we can't get the full artwork, may have to go with that maybe. A shame though that they're not releasing artwork anymore, wonder why that is. The art for this game is phenomenal too. : <Hmm. Not sure what to think of that for the wiki's sake at the moment. Will wait until it's actually out to see and discuss with people I suppose.
So what's the happy-haps with the game? Is the original still available? Or is it all now just Legends II outright? Or is Legends II separate or...??
Also, I see that Yuna. I know that trying to get the artwork is probably not gonna happen nowadays, but I will still hope! I'm still hoping for a better one for Sarah at least! >_<
Editing through mobile phone atm on IP, pardoned ad grammar and spelling. Okay, so the story of toki no suisho is still available, along with the new parts being added. Its just the game has flat out been renamed in the update, its not called Fonal Fantasy Legends Toki no Suisho anymore. Even the app name on my device says FF Legends 2, instead of toki's kanji. The games phantom stones, equipment, etc are still in the game. The game will continue now as Final Fantasy Legends II. They already are switching to the FFLII twitter and doing their updates through that site, seems they will be ignoring the toki no suisho twitter and sites soon. So we have to rename the game page and its respectice articles to FFLII instead from the looks of it.
Also seems tidus and yuna are using their promotional cg render instead of making new artwork. Lazy as heck. 9_9 --184.108.40.206 11:48, November 10, 2016 (UTC)
Huh. What a...weird thing to do, just renaming it instead of just continuing it. Very weird. Welp, guess we do need to rename all of that then. The question though is how will we rename articles? Since it's Legends 2, we can't really use (Legends 2) in article names, because of Final Fantasy Legend II...how problematic...Boooo!!! I was hoping to see something really nice for her. >_<
- Yes it was a renaming, but they did add a new story for the Legends II update. But the name Toki no Suisho no longer is in the game, the opening for the very first chapter even took out the original title logo that said "Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suisho", instead the opening scene now fades to white. Same goes for other scenes that had the Toki logo. Also as to Saga 2, it is called Final Fantasy "Legend" II, not Legends II. So I think we're good to use (Legends II) as the tag for this game. However, moving everything to the new tag will suck, most likely will need to use a bot for all the moving. --Miphares (talk) 21:42, November 10, 2016 (UTC)
Aye, definitely will need the bot for renaming. Probably need to get Techno or Cat for that, and make SURE they put LEGENDS and not LEGEND in that case. Otherwise, we may end up with some ugly article issues hue. That one letter difference is going to be annoying for some haha...
EDIT - One more thing, will you be making the character pages that are missing? Would love to get these PFF images onto those pages and whatnot ha. ^^;
I actually have been wanting to make character articles for a while, especially for the main characters. However we still don't have a character template for the game, so I've kind of scrapped it for a while. I don't know how to make a new one either. Primarily all we would need on them is portraits, sprites (provided if I don't suck at extracting them), the time period they're from, and their element (gameplay mechanic of skill costs). Only problem the templates will have to use the TnS artwork for the characters, they haven't officially released the new artwork for the renaming. Anyways, this will also give me a chance to put the Bravely Archive D and PFF appearances on those character pages who appeared in them and also to get rid of the annoying bloated character mechanics placed on the main Toki no Suisho page. --Miphares (talk) 23:25, November 10, 2016 (UTC)
Ask Techno, JBed, or Catuse to make the template, I'm sure they can do it super easily. I'm curious how people look in the new version since apparently they look quite different.
Okay got, I'll be to ask one of them that, most likely Techno. Also, if you're curious in how they look now, you can look on here if you want, I uploaded them for fun. I think mostly all them are better than the original artworks from TnS, I just only have a problem with Morrow, man does he look derpy. --Miphares (talk) 00:43, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
Are those really the ones from the newest version? It looks like their original art that we've had here on the wiki for a good long time. o.o????
But yeah, Morrow does look super derpy and doesn't really fit in with the others I think lol. He reminds me of someone that should be in like...Digimon or something. I don't know why. Maybe it's the color scheme or something.
EDIT - Wow, yeah. That art is a lot better than before. I don't know if I like Aemo's new design over her old one or not, but it's an interesting change for her.
- Yeah that's the new art, they even had Chronos, I was able to find them on 4Gamer just now. Yeah Aemo's is hit or miss for me, but personally Aemo has always looked weird lol. I'm just glad they didn't ruin Jornee. --Miphares (talk) 01:30, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
I know nothing about Chronos, was she in the original too? Never heard anything about her so I wouldn't know heh. And true, her design was really...awkward too I suppose? Everyone else seems to be pretty much the same as before, just better drawn heh. I was honestly expecting everyone to look a lot different or more different but seems that's not REALLY the case.
- Chronos was indeed in Toki no Suisho, she is from Mysidia, later on she eventually gets trapped in the Crystal, and kind of makes them go through time. I would say more, but spoilers. :P --Miphares (talk) 04:22, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
Does Xenomic even play the game lol? Otherwise the spoiler doesn't really matter. Got to say, the gacha rates suck, even at 10x summoning via 3,000 Space Time Stones. Keekian (talk) 04:32, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
I do not lol. There's no way I'd be able to understand Japanese anyways. Probably for the better that I don't play the mobile games maybe. ^^;
But still i'm waiting for a localization of the game. I can keep on continue playing because I'm Chinese, therefore i can understand kanji, but not the whole Jap language as a whole. Keekian (talk) 04:46, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
I'm avoiding spoilers, primarily due to the fact of there being a higher chance of localization now due to the rebranding and the site being labeled as a "jp" variant at the end of the site address. Also, the gacha rate in mobile rpgs have always been a nightmare, but trust me the gacha in this game is NOTHING compared to Final Fantasy Record Keeper. At least in Toki/Legends II I get more decent usable stuff, than plain old garbage that makes me want to quit the game every time a draw goes south. --Miphares (talk) 04:47, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
I heard that FFBE's gacha is even worse than FFRK's. I forgot that Legends used a gacha too, but never heard nothing about it because there's like only you two that play it here ha.The only reason that I dread playing mobile games is A) I don't want to accidentally end up addicted, which could be a big possibility for me, and B) I'd want to do videos for them, which...probably wouldn't be the best idea lol. I still got to do Crisis Core and FFXII for my channel, as well as a couple challenge runs for FFVII (SCIENMNANE and SCIENINANE), if I ever stop being lazy. Last video was 3 months ago. T-T
You've suffered a lot huh. Talking about Gacha, my Thai friend got this. Isn't he lucky? There's a group in FB, although all the active members are all Thai. Keekian (talk) 04:55, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
Wow yeah that's a good draw, when I did a draw for the FFLII release, I got maybe 5 gods summons iirc (Garuda, Faerie, Lamia Queen, Lilith, and Sylph), along with a few decent summons, and maybe 3 garbage summons. Also neat, didn't know there was a fb group, I have a facebook but I only use to contact out of state/country friends from anime conventions that don't use skype. :0 --Miphares (talk) 21:23, November 11, 2016 (UTC)
So need to know what the heck File:FFRK Unknown Urara SB.png is, if you can help. It's not a Fabula ability, that much is for sure, and of course the FFRK site doesn't have info on it for whatever reasons...
- Hmm, I can read the kana fine, but I'm having a problem reading the the kanji since the image is kind of blurry. :/ Would you know who uses the soul break by any chance? --Miphares (talk) 15:34, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Apparently FFL: Toki no Suisho is going to have a huge update. http://www.jp.square-enix.com/FFL2/jp/ The new name is called: Final Fantasy Legends II from what i see. Keekian (talk) 08:28, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes I did see, I'm interested in this. While much isn't revealed yet, Tokita remarked that this game is a "rebirth" of sorts in the teaser trailer. So possibly a new version of the game that's possibly built better? I guess only time will tell. Hopefully, this game will get a localization in the near future. Funny that this got announced the day I finally bothered to pass the game's finale. (;; >_>) --Miphares (talk) 08:51, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
I'm been playing since the game got released, which is around 1 year 9 months, hope they give me something good. For those who pre-register they will give Tidus' weapon, Tidus' phantom stone and his costume from what i see. Keekian (talk) 09:02, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
So wait, is this basically a sequel of sorts then? Or just an expansion of the same game? May have to figure this out if it'll get its own page which is probably likely and all that...T-T
- I would suggest the wiki hold up on anything involving this game imo, at least until more information comes out. The information on this game is pretty scare atm. There's two ways this can go, one it can be a full fledged sequel to Toki no Suisho or can simply be more of a rebranding/expansion of Toki no Suisho. I'm leaning towards the latter atm, judging from Takashi Tokita's comment in the teaser trailer, but it is always subject to change. --Miphares (talk) 09:49, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
Hi Miphares, what does this mean? "これまでのプレイデータもすべてそのまま引き継がれます" I can only read some Kanji. I'm actually afraid that the game will actually erase all our play data after the update on Thursday is completed. Keekian (talk) 03:40, November 8, 2016 (UTC)
- That is a small part of the Legends II info in Toki no Suisho, the overall description is basically this "You can play Toki no Suisho during the update period to Legends II and you get to transfer your data from Toki no Suisho to Legends II and continue at the point where you left off at". --Miphares (talk) 06:19, November 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Np, also new video on the Toki's twitter page for Legends II. It does also seem to continue after the events of the Chapter 7 when you get the Immortal King and Chrono Dragon still wreaking havoc in the time line. Party seems to be older (or the sprite style really changed) and they have new outfits. --Miphares (talk) 06:15, November 9, 2016 (UTC)
After the update tmr, seems like we will receive 3,000 STS (Number of people registered is over 100k already), 2 Phantom stones and 1 Tidus costume. Although the update duration is 15 hours, i got a bad feeling that it will extend though....... Keekian (talk) 08:50, November 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Most likely it will be a bit longer, know my experiences with patches and updates in mmos. Seems, pretty big though, so an extension in time is possible. They're going to be changing the game's graphics entirely, menus, portraits (Morrow is looking, um kind of derpy?), and renaming the app. There's gonna be a lot of stuff to put into this game. Also 3k huh? Well guess that means I'll have 6k to spend on the updates launch day. :0 --Miphares (talk) 08:56, November 9, 2016 (UTC)
Finally, we get the Tidus phantom stone release....hmm the sub ability looks quite nice, 30% increase in total damage if player is equipped with sword or dagger. Looks like i can't equip my axe anymore....Luckily i still have my timeless dagger :) save lolol Also, looks like there is a new mysterious girl..... Is she an enemy or an ally?? I'm excited for the sprite update, the damage skin update, profile update and many others. Keekian (talk) 09:13, November 9, 2016 (UTC)
FF Toki ImagesEdit
- Hm, I'm not sure. That may need to be discussed over, I'm not sure if they should be like the other mobile games and just have an enemy list or have full fledged pages. I'm leaning towards only bosses having their own enemy pages, since some bosses do require strategies to beat them if the player's phantom stones suck noodles. However, the problem I see with enemy for mobile game bosses and especially in Legends II, is that they tend to constantly repeat them in events, it may be too much to keep record of imo. --Miphares (talk) 11:01, November 13, 2016 (UTC)
Translation help (Auron)Edit
- Bushido: Banishing Blade and Guardian's Protection when going by the recurring localized terms in the series. --Miphares (talk) 05:00, November 25, 2016 (UTC)
Upcoming RAID event Translation helpEdit
- Lit Translation: Holy Castle of Alexander. So they're going down the path of FFXIV and making Alex a raid now? --Miphares (talk) 00:08, November 29, 2016 (UTC)
Hi Miphares. Sorry to bother you again, but seems like the name of the weapon, which "Noctis Lucis Caelum" will be using as the upcoming Final Fantasy 15 Protagonist has been revealed. At the same time can you translate "エンジンブレード" for me? Thx. Keekian (talk) 09:05, November 29, 2016 (UTC)
- エンジンブレード = Engine Blade. FYI, you're not bothering me atm, it's np. I'd rather translate this stuff than touch FFXV. <_< --Miphares (talk) 23:34, November 29, 2016 (UTC)
I can't find those exact accurate translations on the wiki. So can you help me translate this three?
- Sorry been sick lately, translations in Sandbox 2 though. --Miphares (talk) 00:03, December 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Does not compute? Please provide me with the text, this isn't making any sense to me. (O⌓O;) --Miphares (talk) 00:23, December 10, 2016 (UTC)
Hi Miphares, sorry for bothering you when you are supposed to be resting from ur sickness, but there seems to have a 1 hour broadcast on Tuesday with Takashi Tokita explaining upcoming game content? Idk much lol. There seem to be an extra reward for attending lolz. Keekian (talk) 15:03, December 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Okay so the reward is nothing in-game from what I can tell, they're just physical postcards for a select 20 people who are watching the event and they will be picking them by a draw. However, it's nothing you need to worry about getting, since they will only give it to you if you have both of the following, having a Japanese SE members account and also living in Japan (domestic only contest). --Miphares (talk) 22:55, December 9, 2016 (UTC)
apologies this is not my talk page for answer other people maybe i let go myself i hope dont do this anymore its more maybe my translations are so awkard but i tried have a good day ミフアレスーくんBorjitasstoi (talk) 10:50, December 10, 2016 (UTC)
Saga Scarlet GraceEdit
Miphares, i need you to help me translate this two....
- Character name : Urpina (Weird name)
- Ability name : 乱れ雪月花
- Summon name : 姫剣士
Also i have one thing to ask you..... why did you use the divide icon for the summons? For example....
- Total damage + 5÷30% if equipped with a sword or dagger (Tidus' ability)
- Already put on the summon page for you, going by localization terms for the first one, its Scattered Petals from Romancing SaGa 2 (I'm sure its appeared in other SaGa games, but honestly I just remember it being in RS2 and 3). Second one is just literally Princess Swordsman.
- Also, as to the latter, that was not me who changed that to division symbols, that was a derp on Kaimi's part. Guess he mistakenly replaced them for some reason. I fixed all them though. --Miphares (talk) 07:54, December 23, 2016 (UTC)
Ifrit's Weapon (Lance)Edit
Hi Miphares, I have a translation to ask you.
Does "炎帝ノ槍" translates to "Ifrit's Lance"?
- It's Blassty for the first one. Its a reference to the 1986 Squaresoft title "Cruise Chaser Blassty". Kind of suspected the summon in the silhouettes last week was Ark, just got my answer right here. Also second one is Energy Charm, so its an upgrade to Energy Drain. --Miphares (talk) 06:45, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
Talk of GigasEdit
FFLII FFRK EventEdit
Thought I'd ask for your help on this, since you'd know FFLII better than me. Got some things that need translated properly, if possible, and I'm sure they're all from FFLII.
That should be everything! I have something named "Magical Seal" for Morrow too, but don't know if that's in FFLII or not.
Okay here we go:
- クロノブレイク - Chrono Break (Ability usable from Chrono Dragon summon)
- リプログラミング - Reprogramming (Ability usable by the Mother Brain (summon), originally from Chrono Trigger)
- 生命の歌 - Not the same as Life's Anthem, some JPN sites use it as an alternate name to the Melodies of Life song, but that's about it.
- ヘイムダルランス - Heimdall Lance (A unique spear weapon obtained from Wrieg's story event in FFL:TnS)
- アガルトグローブ - Agart Glove (Unique weapon)
Swift Chain, Photon Parade, and Impact Leap are all original abilities designed to be their soul breaks maybe? None are in FFLII. However, they may be fusions of certain summon or special attacks from FFLII. --Miphares (talk) 05:50, March 7, 2017 (UTC)
Ah, much obliged. I figured Reprogramming came from the Mother Brain (still ironic how they brought a Chrono Trigger boss into the series to me heh), didn't know about the others. Well then, guess I'll check FFRK and see if that's an ability there for Garnet. And if it is? Probably might have a page for it. Maybe.
They stated on the offical site that this is the first collaboration event between FFL2 and FFRK, so we can expect future Record Keeper events on Legends II haha.Keekian (talk) 12:20, March 7, 2017 (UTC)
Record keeper translationEdit
Miphares, please help me translate the following..
- First one is the Japanese for Arbiter's Apocrypha, I know this since I play the Japanese version of FFRK when I have free time. Also, I believe you may have made a mistake on the second one and may have instead wanted to use the "グ" aka "Gu" kana? If so, second one is most likely the Japanese for Judgment Grimoire (断撃のグリモア). I think that's it. Also I must apologize if you've been dumped with the FFLII stuff lately, been caught in a hectic time atm, mainly with dumb presentations and exams in art history. I should be able to get back on track in April with getting stuff, provided I'm not stuck in another presentation or helping out with trips. --Miphares (talk) 09:32, March 22, 2017 (UTC)
Raid title translation helpEdit
For the month of April, FFL2 is going to introduce Gladiolus, another character from FFXV along with his weapon which i don't recognize since i don't play FFXV at all.
But for the Raid title, can you help me translate this? "閃光のアフェクシオン".
- Name can mean Flash/Light of Afexion or Afexion's Flash/Light from what I can tell. --Miphares (talk) 23:45, April 2, 2017 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you again, but this is another translation i need you to help with.....
Here you go:
- First One: Summon is named Lennus and the ability is Nibelung V
- Second One: Summon is Sena and the ability is Lightning B.
If it is not to hard for you to do. Could it be possible for you to screen cap some of these when they come out and put them on an external image site such as imgur? Would allow me to actually see the summon if it is a reference to anything, the stupid Famitsu site updates pretty slow and same with the official Twitter, it is truly annoying at this point I can't keep up with this game because of a lack of an official wiki that consistently updates the news. If not, it is perfectly fine lol. My stupid tablet is being a bit of a jackhole and overheats now after a while, I'm just a bit frustrated I can't play a lot. ;;>_> --Miphares (talk) 17:50, April 10, 2017 (UTC)
- Actually it is pretty hard at times browsing through mobile on bleh connection when out, thanks for asking. /s (;; ~,,~)
- A tad bit passive aggressive there do you not think? However I digress, I was not aware they still updated Square-Bridge for this, its been a while since I've done this and also the official twitter stopped linking to it, so I assumed they stopped using it. Also the fact the FFLTnS site being used still was beyond my knowledge. Good to know though, I will check there if it happens to work on my phone, since I am rarely at home at times now and I am forced to usually use my smart phone for translating stuff until I am given the chance to be able to use my computer more during the day. I was only asking in the first place since I was hunching with it being connected to Valkyrie Profile, which it was. --Miphares (talk) 03:29, April 11, 2017 (UTC)
Sorry for lashing out at you, because i was in charge of so many FFL2 stuff; kind of stressed tho. Man, i hate it when they decided to progress with stuff out of FF Boundaries such as the current Valkyrie event, it's hard to find translations for character names and abilities within the wiki itself. As for the Internet problem, i have 4G+ for my smartphone signal, so it's not a problem for me. Keekian (talk) 04:29, April 11, 2017 (UTC)
Need help with these translations.
◆アリーシャ name 1
◆ノルン name 2
- ファートゥムＦ ability 2
- Name 1 is Alicia (character from Valkyrie Profile 2) and name 2 is Norn (character from the mobile game, Valkyrie Anatomia). Kimlasca warrior (talk) 04:36, April 17, 2017 (UTC)
June RAID Translation HelpEdit
Divine Seal/Shroud of SaintsEdit
Did these two get patched out for Conjurer or something?? Or did they get deleted by accident or...?? Because I see that Enhanced Shroud of Saints is still around on the Conjurer page, so I'd assume the normal ability is too?? And what of Divine Seal? If it's gone, then the Divine Seal page will need updated. @_@;
- Oh Shroud of Saints and Divine Seal were removed for WHM and given cross-role variants called Luminous Dream and Largesse. I was actually working on fixing the traits, because I just notice they're out of date....like the 2.0 traits are still on there, which should have been removed around the launch of Heavensward in 2015. Yes, Divine Seal needs to be updated on the page, which I will do myself. A new page for Largesse will be made also, since it is the same ability in Japanese as the Affection skill from Final Fantasy Explorers. Many of the pages need to be updated also, since many abilities were removed, renamed, or updated. So I plan to do a lot of these once XIV Database updates on Tuesday for the official release, since that is when they are allowed to update the datamining stuff. --Miphares (talk) 06:07, June 19, 2017 (UTC)
Oh god, that sounds like a lot of work to fix all of that, especially for abilities that aren't around anymore. Though I guess those are the easiest ones for their articles, since it's just "These were patched out on XXXXX patch" or whatever. Best of luck to you on that one. : S
Speaking of FFXIV stuff, would you happen to have the JP stuff for the Samurai's abilities so we can place them on the proper disambigs/articles? o.o?
- Yes I have the information, from what I've gone through a majority of the abilities are taken from FFVII, FFX, FFXI, FFRK, and FFBE. I can post the full list in some hours. I need some time to run a couple of errands irl for studies. --Miphares (talk) 03:43, June 22, 2017 (UTC)
Sorry it took a while, I kept having to look in my JPN dictionary a lot since Samurai OF COURSE has to be all kanji! Japanese names currently on sandbox 2 atm, so look there if you need help on their names. Here are a list of recurring moves that I was able to find:
- Jinpu (Same as Auron's Tornado and FFXI's Jinpu in Taichi: Jinpu)
- Third Eye (Recurring ability for Samurais)
- Ageha (Same as FFXI's Ageha in Tachi: Ageha)
- Kasha (Same as FFXI's Kasha in Tachi: Kasha)
- Oka (Same as the Cherry Blossom ability from FF Explorers)
- Yukikaze (Recurring Samurai move from FFXI and FFRK)
- Meikyo Shisui (Same as Yuffie's Clear Tranquil)
- Meditate (Same as FFXI Samurai ability)
- Hissatsu: Shinten (震天 being the same as Heaven's Cataract and an attack from Sephiroth in Dissidia Arcade/NT)
- Hagakure (Same FFXI and FF Explorers Hagakure Samurai ability)
- Midare Setsugekka (Recurring katana move from SaGa series. Scattering Petals/Midare Setsugekka/Beautiful Three, w/e its called throughout the years. Has appeared in FFRK as a Soul Break, FFBE as a Limit Burst, and FFLTnS/L2 as an ability for SaGa collabs also.)
So yeah these are the abilities. I have a friend who can help me get the ability images for Samurai if we are going to make new pages. Midare Setsugekka has an image already on the SAM page, so we're good there. --Miphares (talk) 01:00, June 23, 2017 (UTC)
Got em all on pages, though may need help finding out what Midare is in those games. I'm pretty sure the FFRK has some weird name that doesn't match what I used to have. Also don't have the FFBE or FFLII names. Also, what do you think of merging the Tachi abilities into the appropriate articles, like Tachi: Jinpu? I've been debating that for a while, but nobody's given any answer on its talk page...
- Okay Midare Setsugekka (乱れ雪月花) is the traditional SaGa move called Scattering Pettles in the recent localization of Romancing SaGa 2, I've run through some of our translation lists and my FFLII files, so the game's that use "乱れ雪月花" for the attack are FFXIV, FFRK, FFBE, and FFLII. For FFRK it is located under the Japanese-only soul breaks you named Turbulence Divider iirc, which hasn't been added in the English version of FFRK, so the name should be Midare Setsugekka instead. The game that does not use this Japanese name is FFD's Midareyuki which uses the name 乱れ雪月華 instead.
- Here's the thing Midare Setsugekka in Final Fantasy Dimensions uses an alternate character in its version called, Midareyuki in the localization, using the alternate hana (flower) "華" kanji for the final character instead of Saga's version that uses the more common hana (flower) kanji "花". However both mean the overall thing and are both called Midare Setsugekka in Japanese. If you see Midareyuki's screenshots of it animation and SaGa Frontiers version of the attack, you can see they are indeed the same move, albeit the character for the cherry blossom portion is different to reflect the character change of the attack in Japanese. But anyways, Midare Setsugekka (being the most recent name) technically has 5 appearances for an article FFXIV, FFD, FFLII, FFRK, and FFBE.
- As for the Tachi skills, idk I'm mixed on this in the case if something stupid like FFRK makes it a separate move. However, I do feel okay if they're added to these articles a bit. However, that is just my two cents. --Miphares (talk) 00:51, June 25, 2017 (UTC)
Midare Setsugekka it is then!As for FFRK, I know that the Tachi moves are used for Ayame and Tenzen, since they use the same kanji as in FFXI. But seeing as I'm pretty sure "Tachi" is just a subname, pretty sure it could go on the normal pages. I mean, I pretty much already added Hissatsu: Shinten to Heaven's Cataract despite the Hissatsu part of the name (and then we have Cyan's stuff that has Bushido in front of the names and whatnot, despite them never having it in the original game). So I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. If not, we can always reseparate them later. Though maybe we should get some others opinions on the matter like JBed or Techno or Catuse??
- Sorry been sick the last two days. Anyways, hm, yeah best to get possibly JBed on this one, since his Japanese proficiency is a lot more better than mine, so I think he would be the most suitable one to talk to and help make a decision about this kind of thing imo. --Miphares (talk) 20:47, June 26, 2017 (UTC)
If you'd be kind enough to help with this, I'm currently tracking down where Rubicante's "I'll Recover You" ability has shown up. I know it's in FFRK as a Soul Break, and I feel like it was also here in FFL2?? Don't know if he has it in any other game, but maybe you can help with that bit?
Yikes! Sorry to hear that bout your phone. : <
And yup, it's in FFRK as Rubicante's default Soul Break. I don't know if he's out in English yet or not, I'd assume not, so I'll wait until at least that's translated in English, then use that for the article/disambig name. I think he still needs a bit more for it to get its own page, I don't think he has it in FFBE (I'm pretty sure he was in FFBE anyways).
translation help neededEdit
- Hm this is a bit tough, since it seems the be that Morrow look-a-like's name. So it could be "Fake" most likely give the circumstances. Sorry if this reply was late, I am currently on vacation in Los Angeles, California until Wednesday. --Miphares (talk) 07:29, July 4, 2017 (UTC)
Needed help in translating this two. Thanks.
- First is "Flying Black Magic" and the second is "Hagakure Shuriken". --Miphares (talk) 09:47, July 15, 2017 (UTC)
Oh, was it Firaga Blade? I guess each of them are -aga versions then? I was getting the information from a site that listed it as Fire Blade and such, I couldn't tell what the attack was in the videos I got the images from. RIP. Thanks for catching that, don't know if there's anything else I may be missing from this Raid that needs added to pages and whatnot. I doubt anyone uses Rainbow Wind in this dungeon, right? Can't find data on any monsters or bosses like ever, so it's hard to get all of the data. T-T
Yikes! What happened to cause that? Hope you feel better soon! Take your time! D:
Ah, well that sucks. : SYeah, I noticed the Holy one, the name wasn't cut off like the other ones (which is what threw me off hard). Surprised Rainbow Wind isn't around though, could've sworn the White Flames used those originally in FFV, but guess they decided to not bring it over here. Not that everything has to be ported over 100% of course.
I'm assuming this, but will the unused FFXIV icons that's in UnusedImage once again be used on any pages, or should they be deleted?
Got it. If you can, toss them onto a sandbox or something for the time being to knock them out of UnusedImages, if you would. That'd help a bit methinks. ^^;
- Got it. I'll try to have them moved by this weekend then on my main sandbox. ( '.')b --Miphares (talk) 05:32, July 27, 2017 (UTC)