Insanity is awaiting you on this page
My sincere apologies to you: clarified, this time. Though I believe what I said, I shouldn't have blundered into something which is obviously very important to you. I'd love to discuss if you ever wish to, though I can't imagine that you will want, aggressive as I was with questioning. My philosophy prescribes intensive questioning of every idea, but I forget that others often don't feel the same way. — YuanSalutActa 00:47, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
thank you for your help
-How do I delete the copies until one is leftover? -How do I get the walkthrough to show up in the Index? I've seen some that haven't completed the walkthroughs to put them in regardless.
MechaKaiser 05:07, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
ok.just do this.open the cg render of rosa and rydia and then that trance look of garnet.compare.and you will see why i changed garnet's page.look carefully please.i dont realy know garnet well but when i look on her page and look at the trivia...i thought to myself thatti doesnt look like rydia,it looks a lot more like rosa...!her clothing looks much closer than rosa's more than rydia.and that is why people changed it everytime.and besides,her hair is not grreen..its more like yellow..!and her torso and shoes looks alot like rosa.pls message me back if u have anything to say.TY.--Cecil rosaffiv 14:13, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
Vandalism, sure. Edit
I don't see it so much as "vandalism" as "setting facts straight." The fact is Vivi's fate is left unknown, and yet the Wikia states that he dies AND that the final monologue is his. If there's some proof of this, then feel free to direct me to it and I'll be more than happy to stop correcting the article. In fact, direct everybody else to it, too, via a helpful reference.
Kajnrig 01:31, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
I was fixing my error and filling in the information right when you undid my mistake... And it doesn't give me credit for the information I added now... -sadface- AmbieSushi To think that mother would prefer Sephiroth over... 04:37, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
It doesn't have to be her real name. It is her default gameplay name. It's the same for Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca. Whenever referring to her in battles, she must be called "Ashe", because that is her gameplay name.
Storyline, Garnet can be called whatever she wants. But when referring to her menu portraits or her in battle, we call her what she is called in those situations. Her default gameplay name is Dagger, so we call her Dagger in those situations. Garnet cannot summon Atomos, because at that point in the game, no character has the name "Garnet" as their default gameplay name. 220.127.116.11 12:02, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I am well aware Dagger is called "Garnet" before the player names her. But then I am also well aware that Cloud is called "Ex-SOLDIER" before the player names him, and Terra is called ?????? before the player names her.
- Therefore in situations that can refer to the character either before or after naming them, we use the name used after. In situations exclusive to the character before they are named, we use the name used before. This makes sense.
- The above all refers to gameplay situations. We can use "Garnet" in non-gameplay situations because she is not tied to a fixed name in non-gameplay situations.
- You talk about consistency. The reason we use "Aeris" instead of "Aerith" across all mentions of VII is because that is what she is called in that situation. This inconsistency is a sensible rule as it refers to what they are called in the particular situation. It's not an inconsistency if we have a clear cut reason for calling her one thing in one situation, and different in another. That's not confusing. And also, for out of gameplay/in storyline things we may call her whatever we want. Princess Garnet til Alexandros XVII, Princess Garnet, Garnet. Don't get me started on how pages like Cave of the Gi go between "Nanaki" and "Red XIII".
- For another example, the Scarlet Hair (Boss), when referring to him as the enemy he is, only calls him "Scarlet Hair". We don't call him "Amarant" in this situation because that is not his name during this battle.
- And Dagger is already used in at least some articles. First place I went is Trance Kuja and it said "Dagger". You may revert my edits, but you have a mission ahead of you if you want to change all instances to Garnet: List of Final Fantasy IX Abilities. All I was doing was making the two articles in question consistent. 18.104.22.168 12:32, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
For Cloud and Terra we obviously refer to them as Cloud and Terra because that is their gameplay name throughout the main part of the game.
I am aware of the Aeris/Aerith debate. As I said, the reason we call Aerith "Aeris Gainsborough" and "Aeris" when it comes to VII is because that is her name in that situation. If we apply the same logic through to this, she is called "Dagger" in the main portion of gameplay, so in those situations we should refer to her as "Dagger".
Yes, Scarlet Hair is a boss. I know. That was the point. He is a boss, and that is his name. Therefore when referring to him in that battle, we use "Scarlet Hair". When referring to Garnet's second menu portrait, it only makes sense to call her "Dagger".
The point is "to call them as they are called" when it comes to anything gameplay. Yes, we have the Garnet/Dagger overlaps, just as we have the Ex-SOLDIER/Cloud overlaps, and the ??????/Terra overlaps. In these situations it is best to use the name after they have been officially named. When she is known as "Garnet", she will never summon Atomos, but she may cast "Cure". When she "Dagger", she can both summon Atomos and cast Cure. Dagger is the more sensible name. 22.214.171.124 13:23, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
Just sayin'! Edit
I like your new profile box! Oh, and because I'm feeling random (being bored at college does this to you...), my name's Tanya Byrnes- but if anyone calls me that they get a hammer to the head- what d'you reckon, etymology-wise, cuz you love it and all that? Thanks :D Tia-Lewise 09:11, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
Just leaving a random messageEdit
You live in Australia, yet you hate the heat. Boy, did you pick the wrong place to live. You must be liking the weather right about now, been pretty cold (i live in australia too)
Yeah, sorry about this random message, i'm just leaving random messages everywhere Annoying Ninja with a great knife
I'm luckier. I live in Sydney, and it's just been non stop cold, with some rain from time to time. This weather is just so werird, i'm used to a stinking hot christmas, not this. But i ain't complaining, i like the cold.I know how to use sigs and edit them, i just hate the look of them.
Days of ChristmasEdit
The first day of Christmas is Christmas day... so why are you starting the days of Christmas now? 126.96.36.199 15:52, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
- They're cute anyway :) but maybe the dates are different in Australia? Sorry if I sound completely ignorant if you read this, Martin! Tia-Lewise 15:55, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
- I know, I'm just doing them as a lead up to Christmas, with the 12th day as Christmas day, so I'm doing to be all over the place around Christmas, so they will be 3/4 day gaps when I can't access the interwebs. Likeacupcake 16:05, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Happy Christmas! Edit
It's Christmas day over here in ten minutes or so, and you're the one who welcomed me to the wiki, so you're the first to get a happy Christmas message from annoying ol' me! So happy Christmas, Martin! Tia-Lewise 23:52, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
im sorry but i have a request in machina kunagiri talk page section machinas hate ..my brother real brother asked why he has alot of hate and from what i can see he answer himself saying he was useless could you remove this from his talk page if i remove it someone would just undo my delete but it really is a useless thing and the fact its my brother being ..my brother i would be really happy if you could remove that for me ..thank you *MachinaKunagiri* 14:27, December 28, 2011 (UTC) ps while im at it i have another question how do i make my signature clickable?
Sorceror l'Cie CommendationEdit
|Sorceror l'Cie Commendation|
|For one or more achievements relating to their status as one of Sorceror Nobody's l'Cie, this user has been commended on their service.
Good work, Likeacupcake!
Which reminds me, we really need to get back to work on Alundra Wiki sometime, huh? >.>;
Likeacupcake - Never are we more free, than when we are confined to the realm of dreams.
TALK - 23:57, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hey! And yah, I'd love to get right on it, but all my emulators are on my desktop, and a capacitor on my motherboard's kicked it which means no boot.... so gotta get that replace before I can do anything-_-