|"I have awaited this - the day you would come..."|
|Welcome to the Final Fantasy Wiki, Kierandell1409!|
|We hope you will enjoy your stay here and help improve the Wiki -- all your help will be greatly appreciated! First off, why don't you try looking though these links as a guide to get started around here.
Welcome!23:10, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
MMIV: It finally begins
So I have created the brackets here, randomized in such a way that characters that scored high in MMIII seldom are in the same bracket. This way we avoid eliminating popular characters until the Round of 16.
I have also created the elimination round polls here, which can be put in the DNC whenever we're ready. However, we need to choose pictures for each of the characters as well as a VERSUS logo (we can use whatever for this, it's your call, or we can ask Kaimi to make something).
- That's really cool. Me and my brother were looking through to see where a few really popular characters were, just to see how soon they'd get a real challenge (there might be a few fairly early, but that'll just keep things interesting).
- As for the VERSUS logo, MMII had Vivi on it, MMIII had Terra, it only makes sense to do the same for Zidane. I'll start looking for pics shortly, I've got a few things to do then I'll get right on it.--Kierandell1409 (talk) 06:01, April 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Okay, slight issue: several characters have the same name, and I'm not sure which one's which. Little help?--Kierandell1409 (talk) 11:31, April 9, 2017 (UTC)
- The recurring characters are:
- Cid [Choco] - Bracket IV
- Cid [II] - Bracket V
- Cid [TA2] - Bracket V
- Cid [TCB] - Bracket X
- Cid [X] - Bracket XII
- Cid [XI] - Bracket XVI
- Mog [Mobius] - Bracket I
- Mog [Choco] - Bracket V
- Mog [XIII2] - Bracket XIV
- Mog [VI] - Bracket XIV
- Biggs and Wedge [VI] - Bracket I
- Biggs and Wedge [VII] - Bracket II
- I don't think there are any other repeated characters but let me know if there are. Cat (meow ∙ hunt) 16:28, April 9, 2017 (UTC)
- There are a couple you missed: Creator (2 of them), and Garland (3 of them). I'll let you know if I find any more, but in the meantime I've picked some pics for the other match-ups (at least, in the first bracket). Would you like me to edit the polls page with the pics, or would you like to see what I've chosen first? I've tried to make sure the pictures are of similar quality/style as each other (where possible).
- The recurring characters are:
EDIT: Add Sarah (2 of them) to that list.--Kierandell1409 (talk) 06:49, April 11, 2017 (UTC)
- Garland [I] - Bracket VII
- Garland [Mobius] - Bracket XI
- Garland [IX] - Bracket XI
- Creator [SaGa1] - Bracket I
- Creator [TAY] - Bracket VII
- Sarah [D] - Bracket VI
- Sarah [I] - Bracket XII
You're welcome to edit the poll page with pictures, I don't really have any preference. If you can't find good pictures then I can do it. As soon as pictures are ready, we can roll out Bracket I. Cat (meow ∙ hunt) 03:20, April 12, 2017 (UTC)
Okay, got the pics for Brackets 1 & 2. Unfortunately, the site takes forever to load on my computer. I managed to do the first match (mostly so I could see how it would look for my own curiosity), but how long it'll take for the rest...we'll see. I'll keep trying for the moment.--Kierandell1409 (talk) 09:57, April 14, 2017 (UTC)
- I have split up the first 8 brackets: Special:PrefixIndex/User:Catuse167/mm4/dnc. I can start getting pictures for the later brackets some time next week (this weekend I am very busy, unfortunately). Hopefully we can have Bracket I up by Sunday? Cat (meow ∙ hunt) 19:35, April 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Good news: Firefox isn't letting me do anything, but Chrome is. Expect the first bracket done shortly...hopefully.
- EDIT: Or not. Chrome at least let me into the editing screen, before telling me it wasn't set up for image management or some shit. I tried updating, and I couldn't get past the loading screen AGAIN! My brother's decided to try on his computer, so we'll see how that goes.
- EDIT 2: Found a way to make it work for me. Kinda long and tedious, but fuck it, it's working, and that's all I care about at this point.--Kierandell1409 (talk) 23:42, April 15, 2017 (UTC)