|September 5 2007 - End of June 2008|
Hello, kiddies! I'm always happy to chat with ya, just leave a message and be civil. I'm on all the time and will gladly help newbies with finding images, making text bubbles or whatever else. He's also got time and patience to track down images and info on google. So, you need any help, feel free to ask, and if Drakey can't help ya, he probably knows someone to can. See ya out there, kiddies!
Need DrakeyBot to help out a moving or relinking project? Just drop me a line here and I'll see what I and he can do for you.
- Move done, links being fixed :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 22:21, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I can handle it tonight when I get home. Drake Clawfang (talk) 14:45, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
- No problem. :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 00:58, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
More Lightning Returns enemies
- Can take of it later, desktop is busy atm. :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 23:57, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
- ...and links to Ectopudding to Ectopudding (Final Fantasy XIII).Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 01:39, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Will do. Sorry I forgot about Meonekton the other day :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 02:27, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
Kudos to you!
- Thank you. Unless you plan to create it, I could probably get around to making the Genesis War article. Drake Clawfang (talk) 02:25, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Before Crisis? The Genesis War actually has no influence on that one at all. I'm no expert on it but I've read chapter summaries thoroughly, they never even mention Genesis or make any sort of allusions to him or the Genesis Army. Drake Clawfang (talk) 05:57, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
- That was fast! Great job!! :D --CrappyScrap (talk) 01:23, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
Do the weapon models in the Dissidia series change when equipping a different weapon? From my search on the internet, it seem weapon models doesn't change when equipping different weapons. I just want confirmation from someone who played it. Fenrir9 (talk) 20:31, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Nope, in-game models stay the same regardless of equipment or accessories. Drake Clawfang (talk) 20:38, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
I'm trying to finish up the Coliseum setup for FFVI enemy pages and I'm wondering if there was a way to center the text below on an article. For example, let's take Glasya Labolas article. I could easily put what is below into text in a separate paragraph, but that wouldn't look good since I want the readers to distinguish between the "what you bet" list from the character setup making easier on their eyes. Something along the lines of this...
Aegis Shield -> Tortoise Shield
- I'm not sure what you're asking? Indenting with a colon or using "<pre>" tags can work to highlight stuff, if that's what you mean. Drake Clawfang (talk) 18:06, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
- That would be a bad idea anyway, it'd be a huge indent. Drake Clawfang (talk) 18:26, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
Current working on another article at the moment, going to test it on Glasya Labolas (Final Fantasy VI) article and wait for your feedback before doing them all. Fenrir9 (talk) 18:52, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
Final Fantasy Lightning Returns Quiz
Hey Drake, Doug from Wikia again. Hope your holidays were rad, dude! I wanted to stop by to ask you on whether the Final Fantasy Wiki would be open to hosting a Character Quiz about Lightning in celebration for the US release of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. I'll be drafting up five questions to the quiz about Lightning specifically!
The quiz will need be hosted on an article page (as opposed to a blog) due to the size of quiz embed. Most wikis that host quizes tend to put them in Project Spaces as opposed to direct article pages (here's an example of a quiz embedded on the Sonic Wiki, it'd look similar to this. If you have Adblock, you'll need to disable it to see the quiz)
Let me know if the wiki would be open to this, if not it's no big deal because we can still host it on another wiki (most likely gaming.wikia.com).
Also wanted to stop by to let you know that the recording for that JRPG Expert Showcase I told you about a few weeks back will be occurring sometime next week. Thing is, I've been having a lot of difficulty finding other JRPG wiki admins to participate in the discussion. (Most seem put off by appearing on camera for the segment). Let me know if there are any JRPG aficionados on the community that might be interested and we can pull them on as well!
- I'll start a forum to consult the community, I don't think anyone will mind though.
- For the JRPG experts, sorry, not sure of any myself. Just please let me know several days in advance when it will be, with college starting back up now I may not be free at an optimal time during the week. Additionally, I was unaware there would be camera appearances, if that's a requirement I'm afraid I lack a webcam. Drake Clawfang (talk) 22:51, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
- No worries, Drake. We could actually send a webcam to you! Consider it a thanks for being a good contributor to the site :)
- Send me an email with your address and whether you use a Mac or PC and we can get one out to you before we record next week!
- Sure, that'd be awesome, I'll send an email :)
- My schedule, any time after 5 my time (or that is, any time an hour after I leave this message), or Wednesday only, any time in the morning as long as we finish before 1. Drake Clawfang (talk) 20:42, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
- PC. Drake Clawfang (talk) 21:14, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
JRPG Expert Showcase Date
Hey Drake, wanted to stop by and let you know that we'll be pushing back that Expert Showcase for JRPGS into next week (because the video guy helping us record is apparently swamped). Hate to keep switching dates on ya, but we finally got the date hammered out to January 23rd, 2014 between 6 PM EST and 8 PM EST. It won't take us a full two hours to record it, but keep your time open during those two just to be safe. Let me know if you know of any conflicts with this (as we can also push it to the 24th).
Be sure to let me know if the webcam doesn't show up at your place soon! Want to make sure you've got that before we record.
Also, I'll edit this section in a few days with an outline of our discussion for the Expert Showcase, so you can think about some of the questions beforehand and plan your answers.
- That works for me, happy to take part. Drake Clawfang (talk) 21:42, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey Drake, just stopping by to ask whether you received the webcam yet (if I recall correctly it's supposed to show up today_. Let me know when it's in your posession (might not be a bad idea to plug it in and make sure it works fine!) Expert Showcase is on tomorrow at 6 PM your time. Let me know if any issues arise! TheBlueRogue (profile)•(talk)•(email) 19:42, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I did get notification of some package or another waiting at the post office, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Unfortunately though, I have to back out, there's a special event at college at 7 I have to attend. So sorry :( EDIT - would Friday at the same time be alright? That's no problem. Drake Clawfang (talk) 19:44, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Awesome, please snag the package tomorrow! I talked with the video folk and we moved the recording date to Friday at 6 PM your time. This is the absolute last time frame we can work with, so it's this Friday or bust! Thanks for letting me know, I'm gonna check with the other admin to see if that works for him. TheBlueRogue (profile)•(talk)•(email) 20:01, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
Got the webcam, works awesome. And still confirming, 6 tomorrow is good for me. Drake Clawfang (talk) 21:38, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Alright, we're good to go today! We'll be recording things through Google Hangouts, so you'll need a valid gmail email to participate. Add me on Skype so we can talk about things beforehand. username: vyse-dyne 19:02, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
- A horribly outdated joke that isn't funny was removed by an anon. Drake Clawfang (talk) 18:47, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
Establishing a Media Policy/Guidelines for Final Fantasy Wiki
Hi Drake Clawfang,
My name is Luis and I am a Community Support Manager (ES) and Video Community Lead at Wikia. I had a few questions regarding the Final Fantasy Wikia and User:TheBlueRogue (Doug) told me you were the person to speak to.
As you know Wikia is currently working with communities to create Video Policies/Guidelines to their specific Wikias. As you may already know Wikia currently has been establishing an expansive library of fully licensed Wikia videos covering various forms of entertainment.
Video Swap (LVS) is our newest tool which allows admins to quickly swap videos from outside providers to the same (or very similar) video that exists in our library at Wikia Video. All our videos are fully licensed with no expiration date.
We understand that currently Final Fantasy Wikia does not want to use licensed videos from the Wikia Video library. We are always looking to improve on what we can provide to our users and if it was ok with you, I would like to ask you a few questions regarding your decision.
What was the determining factor in your decision? What kind of obstacles did you come across when making your decision regarding the use of Wikia Video? What changes would you like to see from Wikia Video (if any)?
Lastly we want to encourage communities to create a Video Policy/Guidelines that cater to the needs of your Wikia community regarding the uploading of any media for users to reference when visiting your site if you haven't done so already. If so, do you think you could link me to it? I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks again for your time!
Re: AI Script
I've modified the AI script for Ultima Weapon so that it conforms with the current wiki policy. Could you just check it though to make sure that the attacks target the correct opponents, as it is not clear which attacks target one opponent and which targets all opponents? Thanks. Jeppo (Talk | contribs) 11:55, January 28, 2014 (UTC)
- I have no clue. I've never been able to access AI scripts. Drake Clawfang (talk) 12:12, January 28, 2014 (UTC)
Final Fantasy XIII renders
Can I ask you how did you make normal Bahamut's render image? When I try it on Noesis it has those wings he has in gestalt, that can't be hidden or removed. I want to make a render of Chaos Bahamut and Lightning's Bahamut from FFXIII-2, and those wings are the only obstacle. --Pmbarbieri (talk) 23:48, February 8, 2014 (UTC)
- I actually don't recall how I did that. Sorry :/. My only advice would be to extract the textures, edit out the gestalt mode wings, then reapply them and composite a complete Bahamut from the full version and that. Drake Clawfang (talk) 23:59, February 8, 2014 (UTC)
Done! Thanks for the advice, soon we'll have all the Eidolons as they would have appeared in XIII-2: red Shiva, blue Brynhildr, purple Hecatoncheir, and brown Alexander. Unfortunately, I also managed to rip other models, but they don't have any animations... --Pmbarbieri (talk) 00:07, February 9, 2014 (UTC)
Wikia Dressphere Event
Hi, as the title says, I'm just curious to know if you are aware of the new event Wikia invited us to participate. As you seem to always be the head of the discussions concerning these events, I thought you'd be the right person to talk to. JC Holy Knight (talk) 01:46, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Wikia Stars Showcase is Finished!
Hey Drake, not sure if you have seen it yet, but the JRPG discussion event you took part in has been finished!
- No problem, was fun. :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 23:04, February 13, 2014 (UTC)
The latest version of Noesis can rip FFXIII and its sequels. In the former, I found the official renders of all monsters, as shown when you use a scanner: you can use those, instead of their models, since there are some that have multiple pieces to put together (Behemoths) that are already there in those pictures. If you're interested, you can rip the game's ISO and find them in the "Gui" folder. There are also all the other pictures from the game you can see in the Datalog... pity FFXIII-2 and LR don't have the monsters' pictures. --Pmbarbieri (talk) 21:49, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. :) It is a pain using the model viewer and screencapping everything Drake Clawfang (talk) 23:26, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Now to find out how to rip PS3 discs to ISO. Drake Clawfang (talk) 23:36, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Bah, forget it. Thanks anyway. Drake Clawfang (talk) 23:50, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
First I want to thank you for the TAY walkthrough. Very helpful. But the main reason I'm writing is because in page 30 you mention not to equip Rydia with the Mystic Whip because Rods are better for Intelligence. Well, I don't know later in the game, I just got to the Depths and I'm farming for tails, but the Mystic Whip actually gives 10 Int, same as the Stardust and Faerie Rods, has awesome attack power, full damage from back row, Holy attribute and may paralyze. So, I do think it's a LOT better than the rods you get up until that point and the only reason you would swap it for a rod would be to use the Recovery Rod.
I know it's been a looong time, but hey! I doubt I'm the only one playing this game for the first time these days :D
(184.108.40.206 14:39, February 19, 2014 (UTC))
From here, my liege. I must admit that I clear those JPGs, but I think it's better that way: if better ones pop up will just upload the new images on the existing ones.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 15:56, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
It's okay, no one will hold you against you. At least you didn't accidentally delete the news page :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 19:16, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
Final Fantasy X sequel news
Are you sure that the news referenced in this video isn't just an April Fool's prank on their part of a rather tasteless nature? Being April 1st, you know what things can get like. --Crystal Tear (talk) 07:17, April 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Did you happen to watch the last minute of the video? -- Some Color Mage ~ (Talk) 07:19, April 1, 2014 (UTC)
Okay, I just have, and.... Not to sound ungracious, but I am actually hoping for more games set in those worlds to wrap up their stories and that wasn't funny. Just saying. I don't April Fool pranks, but...Okay, thought about it. It's actually rather funny. And I really should have twigged while listening to the Japanese. I'll be very careful round this site on April Fool's in the future. --Crystal Tear (talk) 07:33, April 1, 2014 (UTC)
Statue of the Gods Transition Images
- Yup, thank you. :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 13:41, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
I like the idea of having Kefka's Tower as FA next month, so I checked it with JBed as far as Good Articles go as well. I know you like to fix articles yourself to nominate them :P so I'll link you his response. Tia-Lewise 19:48, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
Hello Drake I'm starting a new walkthrough and I've never done coding before and I'm not sure how to switch the Image Place Holder.png into an image so if you just send instructions it will be gladly appreciated by me. Thx From Ralosaur
Sorry never-mind I found out how to do it already From Ralosaur
Something's wrong with the template for Final Fantasy XIII. Someone's done editing at one point and it's gone bonkers. You just have to have a look at it on pages featuring it. I don't know how to fix it. Can you or one of the other administrators help here? --Crystal Tear (talk) 11:50, April 25, 2014 (UTC)
Talk:4-Point Shuriken. I need your help on this, as I don't know if they're the one and the same...and if they are, we need to decide if we keep it at the current name or move it to the most recent name...
Well, the user page asks for a talk page response;
I investigated the riddle and I could conclude a few things:
I think I have some ideas. But I'm probably wrong, and I might be missing something. Possible reasons for the fourth winning I can think of are:
Yo. Just dropping by to let you know of my character polls that I've created on my page. I've organised them based on Crystal Shard unlockables in the upcoming Curtain Call. Cast your vote and let other users know of their existence. I look forward to the results. Vapor Rub (talk) 15:10, May 29, 2014 (UTC)
Bartz sprites to redo
The sprite lists are:
Thanks :D Oh, and since they are uploaded already by me (I did a terrible job), you might be able to just replace the sprites yourself, instead of needing me to upload them. Or it can work either way, I don't mind.-- Technobliterator TC 20:36, June 14, 2014 (UTC)
I noticed the other day that there's an error in the map you uploaded; there's no such location name as "Quietened Way," it's been "Quietened Trace" in all instances. Did you make the maps yourself? Any way this could be corrected? Am I incredibly sad with no life for spotting this? Tia-Lewise 11:31, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Whoops. Easily fixed, thanks. Drake Clawfang (talk) 14:11, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Image ID-ing
Those are from Final Fantasy V, in particular the Iron Draft and Power Drink as shown on List of Final Fantasy V Items. Should be from the Ultimania too, if I'm not mistaken.
Thank ye kindly. Drake Clawfang (talk) 20:00, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Assuming you were the one who deleted my latest upload -- I uploaded a non-copyrighted file under the same name as a previously deleted one, and for some reason it kept displaying the old one. I have no idea what the hell went wrong, but either way it was unintended. --CrappyScrap (talk) 14:05, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, I see. My apologies. Drake Clawfang (talk) 14:09, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
|Kefka: Come ooon! Let's play! Dance, dance! Wroohahaha! Let the party begin!"|
|You are formally invited to the Final Fantasy Wiki Let's Play!|
As (should have) been discussed, the next episode of the Final Fantasy Wiki's Let's Play will feature the host Technobliterator TC, two other guests, and you, Drake Clawfang! Quick check: you will need a microphone, you will need Google+ for Hangouts, Audacity, an internet connection, and slightly over an hour of your time beginning . Please reply to this message if anything pops up last minute and you are unable to attend, and a replacement will be chosen and you shall be featured in another future episode.
Statue of Gods from game data
Hi Drake:) I'm a new user here . I like your ff4 TAY Walkthrough :)
220.127.116.11 13:08, August 15, 2014 (UTC)
I've been gone for almost a year, I didn't really know how the iOS-DS reupload thingies changed. The last time I was around, people just told me to replace the DS ones with the iOS ones unless it was a battle or menu image and some other exceptions, and overwrite the DS ones. Would you care to enlighten me please? s̅̅s̅̅o̅̅r̅̅c̅̅̅̅e̅̅n̅̅i̅̅v̅̅i̅̅d̅̅ 10:06, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
- It ha never changed, whoever told you that is wrong. Drake Clawfang (talk) 12:08, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
It's been a while since I've been in the game and I have 83 new OUYA button images I just made, since not even Strategy Wiki had any (I'd contact them about it, but they moved their discussion to a proper forum instead of on their wiki and it's not worth the hassle). Anyway, I'm trying to figure out the copyright I should use for them. Is it my choice, since I made the images, or does it need to be put under Fair Use because the shapes and colors belong to OUYA? Bluestarultor BSA 03:04, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm no expert on it myself, but if the images are based on official versions and use official colors, I'd use Fair Use. We've been studying branding for television and I think it's a grey area if you're deriving from official sources, so better safe than sorry. Drake Clawfang (talk) 03:21, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
RE: videos for limit breaks in Advent Children
- Np, I'm just pinging ppl trying to get attention. And I'll take care of it tonight, I have a ripped mp4 of ACC. Drake Clawfang (talk) 21:15, November 18, 2014 (UTC)
For the love of God, please find some way to make your FF6 sequel. It's amazing and would be the perfect new game to play.
FFXII Status Icons
This folder has the icons in. You don't have to do all of them ofc (Stop is uploaded already), it's just I don't know what all the statuses are. I'll upload FFXII Petrify Icon.png; FFXII Stop Icon.png already exists. Thanks again for the image help!-- Technobliterator TC 17:13, December 10, 2014 (UTC)
- In the age of antiquity, the gods wrote down several rules for selecting the guardians of their holy ground, the Final Fantasy Wiki. The parchment on which they were written was split into seven shards and scattered to the corners of the Earth, whereupon shrines were built to protect them. To attain the shards, hopeful staff candidates must go on a pilgrimage to each shrine and satisfy the requests given by the priests within. It should be noted that most of the priests have severe mental problems and thus will give you requests that seem completely stupid or incoherent. My favourite is the one who demanded that the shrine in Antarctica be converted into a nudist colony. In any case, once you have gathered all seven shards, you will need to assemble it and present it to the Wiki Triumvirate, who will judge you based on the rules written on the parchment, as well as your poetry skills and the shininess of your armour. If they find you worthy, you must then ascend to the Palace of the Gods, where you must defeat their chosen hero in one on one combat. If victorious, you will be allowed to join the ranks of the staff.
- Or maybe you just read Project:Requests for Promotion. One of those two. -- Some Color Mage ~ (Talk) 04:25, December 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Heh, thanks. Drake Clawfang (talk) 15:10, January 4, 2015 (UTC)
Speaking of maps, how are we on the FFVI maps? I noticed that Spriter's Resource has some full maps now (with no icons or anything on them), so unless we already have those, maybe we should get those? In addition, they're uploaded a few things from FFIII PC, so those are up on the site now too (I have them on my computer now too, so I can probably upload them if anything else, but just letting you know ahead of time).
I left folks messages to get the FF6 maps from the iOS version, we'll see how that goes. Drake Clawfang (talk) 14:01, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
Righto then. Oh, and about the FFIII icons for equipment and abilities, those should stay on the pages. We have all versions of them on other pages like FFIV, V, and VI, so this shouldn't be an exception at all. Well, barring the DS Black/White/Summon Magic icons, those aren't needed if you have the PC version since that should be the same but higher quality. But NES stuff stays on the pages!
FFXII Icon images
Xenomic told me to come to you. This was my original message to Xeno:
I'll take a look later. Drake Clawfang (talk) 01:21, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- So what is it you want? Drake Clawfang (talk) 01:53, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- the icon images to put on those pages. i really suck at photoshop. to prove it, here's what it looks like when I tried extracting the png for the Arrow icon: Arrow Ammunition Icon sΓΣamyGoreng 12:49, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's no worse than what I could do for you. Drake Clawfang (talk) 15:37, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- the icon images to put on those pages. i really suck at photoshop. to prove it, here's what it looks like when I tried extracting the png for the Arrow icon: Arrow Ammunition Icon sΓΣamyGoreng 12:49, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
FFMQ Dragon claw
Thanks for uploading this image! Brings back memories!
- I don't know. Drake Clawfang (talk) 12:18, February 19, 2015 (UTC)
I ripped them from the game itself using the PPSSPP emulator, just like the A-Griffon from Crisis Core I uploaded yesterday. Unfortunately I don't have them all yet. --Pmbarbieri (talk) 18:10, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
Maybe start to upload all the standard renders that are not already in this wiki, and then I'll replace them when I have the proper picture. Also, if you want to upload the character models too, I suggest changing their pose with Noesis as I did with the Legendary smith. --Pmbarbieri (talk) 19:21, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, a pain in the ass indeed. To move the bones you have to go tu "Tools - Data Viewer", then go to Bones, select the bone you want to move, enable Transform Offset and then go to Angle and try to find the correct position. I'm not very good at explaining, but you'll find it (slightly) easier if you try. --Pmbarbieri (talk) 22:07, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
Help with Project
Curious if you would be interested in helping on this project at all, but I have about 521 weapon sprites from Pictlogica, all ripped from the game (by Mecorx) that need named and uploaded (some of which I do not even think are even listed anywhere yet. Might be just in the game data much like some of the summons that were ripped).
I'll pass; I know nothing about the game. Drake Clawfang (talk) 13:21, March 17, 2015 (UTC)
Alrighty then, then perhaps you can help me with something else. I haven't touched it yet, so I don't know what all we don't have and what isn't right, but can you check the descriptions of stuff like abilities and the like for Dissidia/D012 to see if the wiki is correct on the data for those? And if possible, update them with that information (as well as articles)?
What do you mean "descriptions"? Drake Clawfang (talk) 14:15, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
Like what's on One Inch Punch. It has a description for the attack at the top of the page that says it's from Dissidia 012. I do not know if it's from in-game, or if it's made-up or what (same for what's on each character's Dissidia pages).
Okey doke, I'll work on it off and on as I have time. Drake Clawfang (talk) 04:06, March 23, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Splitting Spree
Yeah, already replied to all of them heh. I just got tired of having things being on pages that shouldn't be. Most of them can be dealt with easily. The only one that's an issue right now is that Cyclone issue (still got the data for the other one in my Notepad+ file so it's still there, just gotta resolve that first). Plus, who knew that some things weren't as they seemed and other things were? For instance, did you know that FFIX's Countdown is the same as FFT's Doom Fist? Yeah...same kanji and romanji! Never would've guessed!
Hi Drake, I'm currently doing again FFIV-TAY with the help of your walkthrough for 100% completion, and it's very accurate ! I've found a mistake though, in part 4 (Ceodore's Challenge Dungeon) : the final chest can contain a Mythril Sword (I just got one). Moreover, you could maybe state that Ceodore learns Blink at lv40, so the boss becomes MUCH easier once Ceodore gets 40 (you can even do it without the Hooded Man at lv 40, since Ceodore as more Speed than the boss). I'll let you know if I can find other mistakes ;)
- Thanks for letting me know. :) DrakeyC (talk) 01:22, January 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Hey I just met you,
- And this is crazy,
- But I think I love you,
- Have my babies? :-) Aldonos (talk) 07:42, February 11, 2016 (UTC)
All right bro, I apologize for that awkward introduction. I was only trying to make a joke, but seeing as how you didn't reply I assume you didn't find it very funny. I'm sorry, please don't get the wrong idea of me.
In all seriousness, I'm new to this wiki and I'm looking for people to chat to. You seem like a cool guy and I really respect your points of view. As a fellow Clerith shipper/Tifa hater I am humbled to see that there are still people out there who appreciate good characters and good writing. Do you think maybe we can be friends? Thanks :-) Aldonos (talk) 08:52, February 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Actually I didn't reply because I didn't see it. I don't visit the Wiki much and have been busy this month. DrakeyC (talk) 19:56, February 26, 2016 (UTC)
FFVI Level Magic enemies
Can you check the drop and steal slots on the Level 10-90 Magic enemies? I can't tell from Caves of Narshe whether they're supposed to be Hi-Ether and Ether in both steal and both drop slots, or just one.-- Technobliterator TC 16:23, March 8, 2016 (UTC)
Seems we don't have the renders for any of Gilgamesh's weapons. Think you can snag them?
Hurrr...I was looking in the gallery for those, didn't even see them up there. Thanks for pointing that out. I feel dumb now lol...even moreso when I see that they're on the weapon pages they're on too. >_______>;;
Kefka Creatures KAI Vol. 5 upload.
I'm trying to upload an image of Kefka from Creatures KAI Vol. 5 onto the Wiki, but I'm running into this error:
"File extension "._5" does not match the detected MIME type of the file (image/jpeg)."
Can you help me try to upload it?
I used this one:
- Sorry for late reply. Looks like you got it. :)
Sorry I haven't been answering you on IRC, I'm on vacation on a cruise ship and I rarely get a chance to get online out here. To answer your last message: I've noticed that the templates on Kefka's and other pages have been messed up with black test where it shouldn't be, I'll try and get Catuse to fix that. We're doing a few changes that might have caused that bug.-- Technobliterator TC 02:44, August 8, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, Drake. When you get the chance, can you crop an FFXV menu image, maybe this one to grab the cursor? Partly for the cursor page, partly because I need it for a skin redesign. Can always reupload if it changes when the game comes out, but I doubt it will. Thanks!-- Technobliterator TC 18:53, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, saw your article on the Fandom community. Nice work! Too bad it won't end the Aerith rumors from the beginning of time. But anyway...
I've composed an essay, breaks down to 2.1 pages in Word format because, well, sometimes I'll just write for no real reason at all. Actually, I was inspired to write an opinion about the short-lived Metroid II fangame on Fandom, with references to similar types of work in the FF universe. Curious to see how it would play out. But in order to really flesh out this essay, I need someone to review it and help find good sources to back up what I've written. Don't know where to put it up for review.
- Sorry, but I don't know much about the Metroid community, and have limited spare time I'm preferring to devote to my own projects. Good luck, though. DrakeyC (talk) 10:42, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
Question for a friend
Question for a friend
I have a friend from the CxA forums you might know as Angelwing Aeris. She made an account here almost 8 years ago called http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:Eris and got permanently blocked because an inactive admin didn't like her edits and called it vandalism. Since its been so long, is there anyway she can be unblocked? She told me she would not make the same mistakes. Sorry the repeated message.
- I am no longer very active on this wiki, I advise you speak to another Admin about this. DrakeyC (talk) 11:43, October 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Staff opinions of her edits had nothing to do with it, her account was compromised. -- Some Color Mage ~ (Talk) 22:56, October 8, 2016 (UTC)
If she can keep her account from becoming compromised, can it be unblocked? She can reset her password and not do the edits that concerned the staff is what she told me if she can get unblocked.
- No, as we have no way to verify that they were the original account holder in the first place.
- There is, however, nothing preventing them from making a new account. -- Some Color Mage ~ (Talk) 21:03, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
I believe the original account holder listed her name on her talk and has email from this wiki using the account name Eris plus her email is registered to her name. Couldn't that be proof or she could show ID like Facebook does? Also I believe Drake knows her too from a forum.
- I know her inasmuch that the name is vaguely familiar, but I've not visited CxA forums in years and can't reliably confirm who is who. DrakeyC (talk) 02:00, October 12, 2016 (UTC)
Next part of FFT (part 7) will conclude Chapter 2. This is a good place for a logical break in the LP so if you want to record Pony Fantasy now would be a good time. I'll probably have part 7 up this weekend, and part 8 the week after. Cat (meow ∙ hunt) 04:32, November 16, 2016 (UTC)
Do you have a picture of Giruveganus like you with the related tyrannosaur enemies?
- No. DrakeyC (talk) 01:50, January 13, 2017 (UTC)
FFRK resource for you
Hello, Drake. You might want to have a look at this comprehensive fan wiki to get your bearings as you help convert some of the older pages. For Light Against the Darkness, we still need Elite layout from the reissue. Thanks for helping out. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 03:18, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
- I have it bookmarked, thanks though. Check on the reissue. DrakeyC (talk) 03:48, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Think nothing of it. Some other resources have actually shut down because the game has become convoluted and has transitioned to more of a closed model. DeNA even remodeled its own wiki to strip out most of the data for '15-'16, leaving Facebook as a quasi-repository for past announcements. As one of four other editors on the branch here, it's kinda nice to have another set of eyeballs on it. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 06:23, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Do you know of any other fansites that document the old events? I've discovered that site seems to document things primarily on the Japanese events, but I've also found direct evidence the English events for some of them change the rewards, so I'm leery about relying on that site now. DrakeyC (talk) 15:27, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Nothing off hand, but I can tell you that for a limited time, the game is bringing back selected past events without additional mission content. We better grab this stuff by 3 November else it is pretty much gone. That said, I think I found another site that may be doing some data mining. I’ll have the web address this afternoon. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 16:29, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
- UPDATE: This dingus right here looks at a lot of internal data from the game. Though it doesn't do jack about the discrepancies between events, it might help us fill in some missing data regarding changelogs. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 21:55, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
I'm not seeing anything about events there. DrakeyC (talk) 02:57, October 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Nope, but it does have enough to solve holes in Final Fantasy Record Keeper version differences if we're interested in fixing that. Right now, I'm trying to snag some missing MCIII. Even so, I could start culling data from the "Renewal Dungeons". So far, we have open now: Relics of Light, Dawn of a Legend, Seer of Destiny, Scheming Tyrant, Destroyer of Light and Dark, Aspiring Knight, The Earth Stirs, five from IV...OMG, they just keep coming! Swordzmanp236 (talk) 04:00, October 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, the FF4 ones are insane. The templates are out there and my sandbox hosts various orb and material images ready to copy over, so if you could work on some of the Renewal events it would help a lot. DrakeyC (talk) 04:06, October 16, 2017 (UTC)
Well, if not then, it would still be helpful to keep up the sandbox database you've got going. I'm pretty sure many of these old events aren't on the official website. DrakeyC (talk) 16:43, October 17, 2017 (UTC)
Would you be willing to go through and upload any of these models that we may need/want to replace? That would help me out a lot. ^^;
Dissidia and D12, we have everything from those. Itadaki, the current models we have are those ones. I'll see what I can do for MLaaK. DrakeyC (talk) 15:45, October 24, 2017 (UTC)
Well, I know we have them, but would you say these ones from the site would be of better quality for Itadaki in particular? For Dissidia, what about the battle pieces?
Every render for Dissidia I uploaded was ripped from the iso directly. As for Itadaki, again, the images on the site are the ones we have, I got them from that site. DrakeyC (talk) 03:37, October 25, 2017 (UTC)
Oh, well then. Nevermind that about the renders lol. And huh...but then, why are some of them cut off like they are like Aerith's? Is that just how they were when getting them? o.o???
Well, for Aerith specifically, all that's cut off in the staff. The models came with no animations so I could only get the T-pose, and I cropped out the top of the staff mostly just to keep the size down. DrakeyC (talk) 05:10, October 25, 2017 (UTC)
Much obliged, chief. Looks like the new Thunder Plains will at least warrant adding some notes, redirects, or the like splitting off from the FFX version. My thinking is that more folks still pass through the FFX page. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 00:20, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Yup, I asked Cat to set the bot to fix the redirects. Good catch, thanks. DrakeyC (talk) 00:33, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
- That sounds amazing. :) I got a towel and bed covers and chocolate and Coco Mademoiselle perfume. My daughter wanted a giant basketball cushion she had seen in Ikea, and that is her favourite present. Ahh kids. <3 I send my presents to my family in the post since we live in different countries, and it's always so hard to pick presents that are good and the right size and weight for that. In Finland the Eve is when the presents are given so that tends to be the main Christmas event. Though I've been living in the UK for a long time now, I still like to start on the Eve. The best part is to cook wayyy too much good food on the Eve and then have all the "leftovers" for Christmas. Today is the chillest day of the year for me. We went out to the park for a bit and I never see the main street so void of traffic, and all the shops closed. It's nice. I love Christmas!
- I hope you have a really good time with you family.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 17:33, December 25, 2017 (UTC)
Watch those stars
Thanks for the feedback, sir. I'll take a look at your links as soon as I can get back to a desktop (I'm on mobile now, and it's really wonky.). Anyhow, those new stars we apparently have use show up as a shimmering star emoji on Apple devices. There's really no such thing as a plain yellow star. I don't know of any other systems as yet wherein the new stars have so much pop, But they do, and I thought you should be the first to know. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 01:09, January 4, 2018 (UTC)
Onion Knight touch-up
I've a copy-paste job gone weird. Basically, need to sync up the Onion Knight's RK box (now a partial) with the info in the article (which is all the correct schtuff as of the current game). By all means, please. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 19:22, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the helo. For the stat box, could you collapse the L10-L90 range, please? Personally, I like what that's done for other characters, but still want to show that stat spike. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 21:55, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
- We don't need to show the stat spike for each individual level, someone looking at the table for the 90 and 99 rows will see for themselves. DrakeyC (talk) 22:00, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Again, it isn't needed. This is what the written parts are for, explaining the stat spike and when it happens. DrakeyC (talk) 22:14, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
FFRK: Here comes Year Two
If memory serves, we've pretty much cleaned up Year One of Record Keeper. I just touched up the stragglers today. Couple things:
- As we get into Years Two and Three, the curators started stacking stuff in bunches. MCIII came first, then a batch of augment stuff, battles for no reason at all, and then... it's a flaming mess. Basically, you fill in the blanks along with the usual falderal, and it'll look great. By all means, keep up the good work.
- Rematch/Rebirth/whatever name they feel like throwing in there: IIRC, there was a third round about year-end '17. Seems like the curators alternate the two names between cycles of hard and "Are You Kidding Me?!?!" (Apocalypse + and higher) difficulty dungeons. Just be on the lookout for any of that weirdness as you roll through.
- One more thing: Kaimi and Miyu might still be playing, but according to the former, the Android client was giving him fits, so we've to find missing graphics, etc.
- Happy to help. Though to note it, I'm not much paying attention to the release date of the content, I'm going through the template piece by piece. Once all the special events are taken care of... I think I'll take a nap. And crack open Dissidia. After that, probably realm dungeons.
- Not a problem. I myself am squarely in a juggling act: DFFOO, King's Knight, FFRK, Mobius and more. Hoping that all changes soon and I get into some real-life work. Because I have a disability, the income's not much good for just being disabled; and frankly, my dear young man, this writing stuff was meant as a hobby and not a full-time thing, No way I can keep track of it all as fast as it's coming in. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 01:41, February 4, 2018 (UTC)
Don't know if you can do anything to set a canon here, but it seems there aren't clear rules on FFRK event titles, which can lead to duplication. From what I've seen in the game:
- Enclosing dashes or tildes are primarily cosmetic in banners.
- Some titles may appear differently at the top of an event screen than in the banner.
Now, given this, we've used commas or single dashes to split titles like Marriage of Convenience, Into the Bevelle Palace or The Dragonsong War - Dreams of Ice. How do you think we resolve this minor issue going forward? Swordzmanp236 (talk) 15:08, March 22, 2018 (UTC)
- A fair point. I'll bring it up to others and see if there can be a consensus. DrakeyC (talk) 22:13, March 22, 2018 (UTC)
- Sounds good. Looks like JB had fixed the discrepancy leading to my query this AM. I was taught that a colon was the proper title separator, but some systems don't handle that well. Wiki markup allows for them; and browsers SHOULD convert colons in page titles to HTML so as to avoid a conflict with reserved characters on Windows and Mac. There may even be instances where a subtitle is not used but for marketing. Swordzmanp236 (talk) 22:59, March 22, 2018 (UTC)
Fine tuning your job art to make it better and more like your FFVI walkthrough 😃
For your FFV job class walkthrough, Can I please fine tune your job class art to match your FFVI walkthrough as long as I don't hack it? Can you please teach me how to make FF-style dialogue boxes my profile?
- No, I like my template the way it is, thank you. DrakeyC (talk) 02:11, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
Can you please teach me how to make FF-style dialogue boxes for my profile? 😃
Drakey C, Can you please teach me how to make FF-style dialogue boxes for my profile? Because I don't know how to do it? Please help me.
FFVI Walkthrough 😃
Does your walkthrough work on the iOS version? 🤔
Sideicon creation guide?
Technobliterator TC told me that you were the last person in FFWiki to make a proper sideicon image for an FF release and that you apparently wrote a guide on how to make sideicons. I want to make sideicons (and matching theme header background images) for the mobile game Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect and the manga Final Fantasy Lost Stranger. BDFE is already listed in Module:Codename/data (without a sideicon or theme header image, though, but at least I specified suitable a-class and b-class background colors for it with the help of JBed (talk)),
butand I have not yetjust now listed FFLS in that database because I have not yet settled on any suitable a/b-class colors for it (only the codename, FFLS, is settled matter)as well. ‑‑SilSinn9801💬 19:51, February 27, 2019 (UTC) (revised 21:45, February 27, 2019 (UTC))
- I do have a guide, I think it was supposed to be published to the Wiki but I guess it didn't happen. Here ya go, if you need help, I can reply here, or you can hop on the Wiki's Discord server and ping me. DrakeyC (talk) 01:01, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, I use Gimp. DrakeyC (talk) 16:45, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
Your userpage states that you have a YouTube channel. Given that you also have an impressive userbox collection, you might be able to make good use of this userbox template for YouTube channel owners (one I did not create, but did improve parameter-wise). ‑‑SilSinn9801💬 08:32, February 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Eh, that's okay. DrakeyC (talk) 16:45, February 28, 2019 (UTC)