|"I have awaited this - the day you would come..."|
|Welcome to the Final Fantasy Wiki!|
|We hope you will enjoy your stay here and help improve the Wiki -- all your help will be greatly appreciated! First off, why don't you try looking though these links as a guide to get started around here.
Welcome to the wiki! Thank you for your contributions for the Final Fantasy XI section of the wiki, we are very grateful.
Seconded. Our coverage of FF11, limited though it is meant to be with the game having its own Wiki, is quite spotty.
XI Image Classification - Help Request[edit source]
Add me to list of users who are super grateful for your XI edits, I was wondering if you could give me a hand with something? I have a bunch of XI location images etc. that the wiki really needs and I want to upload them, but I've never played XI, so have no idea what the majority of the images actually are. Since you obviously know your way around XI, do you think you could maybe help me identify them?
I'm glad you guys are grateful =) I actually have been doing FFXI edits for the past month or so, but I was doing them as an unregistered contributor. Now that FFXI Compendium has been closed, this site is the best hope for a Final Fantasy database, but the FFXI coverage is a disaster of missing information and misinformation. People have tried their hardest without playing the game, but some things are unexpected, like Cure II and Cura both being in the game and being different spells, and the same thing for Cure III and Curaga. --Blue Donkey Kong 16:47, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
- We do tend to be more grateful if we recognize the contributor, I think, so thank you. In any case, our coverage for the FFXI articles are terribly lacking, the spells, characters, locations et alii. When you say the FFXI Compendium is closed, do you mean the Final Fantasy Compendium? Because the only FFXI sites I know is Allakhazam and FFXIclopedia which I see are still running? BLUER一番 18:56, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, I meant the Final Fantasy Compendium. About those two FFXI sites: Allakhazam is mostly just a shell now, missing countless aspects of the game, particularly more recent additions, because people have moved on the FFXIcyclopedia. FFXIcyclopedia is the best we have, but there are still many monsters that haven't been added yet, and lack of information on things that people don't really do often, because maybe they're too difficult, require too many people, and have a poor reward. Additionally, now is a time of massive change in FFXI, with the level limit being increased to 99 over the next two updates, new areas being added, countless new monsters, etc. I'm enjoying bringing this site up-to-date and hope to keep it so as new things are released. --Blue Donkey Kong 00:42, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Absolutely. That song is called "The Federation of Windurst" and plays in the following areas: Windurst Waters, Windurst Woods, Windurst Walls, Port Windurst It is the city theme for present-day Windurst. It does not play in Heavens Tower, the governmental building in Windurst, and it doesn't play in the the past version of Windurst in Wings of the Goddess.
Great Work~[edit source]
Just dropping by to say thank you for all of your hard work on the FFXI articles. They are starting to take great shape on the wiki thanks to you and the other FFXI editors ^_^
Someone else that likes XI![edit source]
Yay! Someone else that actually likes XI! Hi! I've been doing what I can for the XI pages, but it's a big task and I was kinda.. balking. Point me in a direction I can help. by the way, what job are you? I'm a 85 BLU and RNG myself. Jimcloud 16:44, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Hi! I'm 85 SMN, 85 BLU, 84 NIN, 75 WHM, and 58 SCH. The rest of my jobs are miscellaneous. I'm extremely focused on abilities and spells in my edits on this site, but I also like to work with enemies sometimes too. I haven't really touched location pages: most simply redirect to the region they are in, like Rolanberry Fields, and others don't have pages at all on this site, like Halvung. Also, I'm not working on character pages at all. Additionally, weapon skills need their own pages, and I haven't worked on that yet. My RNG is level 1, so if you like, you could add all of RNG's Job Abilities, because for those, my only resource is the FFXI wiki, not my own experience. For spells, I've been using the FFXI spell box, which you can see on this page: Cure II, and for Job Abilities, I've been using a bullet point set up:
- First bullet point is the effect of the JA.
- Second is the job and levels that obtain it.
- Third is the recast.
- All subsequent bullet points describe the ability.
You can see that setup on the Assault (Command) page. Finally, for Job Traits, you can see what I've done on Attack Bonus and Dual Wield for a reference on job traits that are multitiered and span many jobs.--Blue Donkey Kong 16:58, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
While our coverage of FF11 is all over spotty, there's one page in particular I noticed is highly lacking, which is a great shame because apparently it's a major villain and final boss. So if you could, do you think you could expand the Seed Crystal page please? Doreiku Kuroofangu 05:13, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Meh, it's the final boss of an add-on Mini-Expansion, which, in and of itself, fails. There isn't a lot more to it to add than what you guys have on it already.. there ain't very much plot development in the min-expansion. Jimcloud 05:15, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Well.. let me elaborate on that. It's a 10 dollar expansion added on for the purpose of keeping XI addicts on XI and not XIV, or possibly on both of them simultaneously. However, it is amazingly short, and can be done in the span of.. oh.. 8 hours or so. (Which isn't a lot for XI, taking into account group gathering and scheduling, etc.) The Seed Crystal is an unseen antagonist, and I'm not even certain it has any lines at all. I haven't completed the add-on expansion, myself, because to be honest I never really felt like it. Kind of bored me. Jimcloud 05:24, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Darklord Summons[edit source]
I accept your reasoning, but if you want the Darklord summons in the template, the least you can do is to add them into the List of Summons -article as well. It's controversial that they're mentioned in the template but not in the actual article. Thanks! SamSandy 09:15, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
The deed you have requested is done, sir. I also added the FFXI Elemental Spirits to the List of Summons page.--Blue Donkey Kong 12:07, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
XI Pics[edit source]
- Might be a bit late to chime in on this (or at least until servers go up again), but have you tried /names --Spira 05:35, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
Thought it was something simple like that. Thanks, I'd forgotten... but now I have 130 images with my name in it.... I don't really want to take those all over again... Jimcloud 03:20, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
I have: Animating Wail, Benthic Typhoon, Empty Thrash, Exuviation, Fantod, Feather Barrier, Healing Breeze, Magic Fruit, Magic Shield, Memento Mori, Plasma Charge, Reactor Cool, Reaving Wind, Regeneration, Saline Coat, Triumphant Roar, Warm-up, Wild Carrot, and Zephyr Mantle screenshots that I still need to post.--Blue Donkey Kong 03:42, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Strange coincidence you have none of the pictures I've posted so far. All right, I'll keep that in mind. Jimcloud 03:44, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it was nice. To take hi-res screenshots is a bit of a pain, but, to do it the way I do it, you have to play on the PC version and check "Start in Windowed Mode" on the FFXI settings from the Windows Start Menu. Then, as long as FFXI isn't the active window, you can use print screen to take a print screen of your PC, and then crop it just to show the FFXI window. I do this by pressing Home to remove all text etc from FFXI, then clicking the blue task bar at the bottom of the screen to make it no longer the active window, and then hitting print screen. I then paste the print screen into paint. A lot of trouble, but it's worth it for the quality.
- I bet. Does that give you enough time to cast the fast spells? Like most of the physical spells? Jimcloud 03:51, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
- It took practice, and I still have to do multiple attempts to get a nice picture sometimes. And with the spells, I try to catch them at the most photogenic moment, which usually gives me a little bit longer to do all the necessary motions. I always have my mouse cursor on the blue task bar when I play, and I use no controller, only the keyboard to play, which may make it easier.
Removed Content[edit source]
Those lists are disastrously out of date. That's why I've never dared to touch them. The monster pages are in pretty good shape, and up-to-date.--Blue Donkey Kong 23:03, March 18, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm working on updating them all. Give me time. Monster lists on the individual pages is just padding the length. It's not necessary at all. Also, check ones I've already done, like the Beast section. It's not as outdated as you think (at least, that part isn't). Jimcloud 23:04, March 18, 2011 (UTC)
You're right, but what about epics like Goblin (Final Fantasy XI) that list not only enemies, but NPCs, allies, etc.? The lists on this wiki for pages like that are one-of-a-kind as far as I know. FFXIcyclopedia doesn't cover the entire Goblin race on one page or category; it's divided between NPCs and enemies.
When you get to pages like that, if you remove the enemies from the NPCs, allies, etc., you've broken up the one place all FFXI Goblins gathered together. :(
There are pages that included pets, too, like Coeurl, and now those pets have been completely removed, because they're not on the enemies page.--Blue Donkey Kong 23:10, March 18, 2011 (UTC)