08:41, 15 February 2021 (UTC) Technobliterator Talk
Status: Break for a lil bit to work on R&C wiki. After that, I'll be back for to finish my work on FFVII OG's chapters and locations! After that: a general writeup of all FFVII lore content, FFVII OG gameplay stuff, playing through Crisis Core... the whole lot.
Active projects: FFVII OG project, VII Remake, VII lore series, policies.
On hold: possible work on battle system pages, a few list of stats pages, looking into enemy formations for FFV and adding to pages via templates, working on real-world people/company articles and an infobox for them, filling in XV sidequests and XV enemy pages while adding images (once the game's bestiary is out), renaming of context-link templates, rewriting beginner's and project pages, this thing with Debug Room (Final Fantasy VII) (more or less done).Side projects: bot jobs, FFX screenshots, splitting pages from Project:Articles to Move, making pages from Project:Articles to Make.
Welcome to Technobliterator's domain!
I am Technobliterator (テクノブリテレータ, tekunoburitere-ta?). I mainly work on writing articles for lore, gameplay, and BTS content, as well as technical/template needs (proficient in wikitext, CSS, Lua, Python, and JS). The main topics on the wiki I am interested in are FFVI, VII, IX, X, and XII, though I can help out in other topics too. Finally, I'm one of the admins, and users of Intangir Bot.
I got into the series with Final Fantasy VII, recommended to me by my cousin, and have loved it ever since. I was actually a latecomer, as I first played that game around 2009 or so after buying it on PlayStation Network. It remains one of my favorite videogames. Few quick things about my views on the games:
- Final Fantasy VII is stellar for the materia system (a really genius leveling-up mechanic), setting, cast, and soundtrack. It's up there in my top five games in the series, for which there is no particular order.
- I loved Final Fantasy VII Remake also, for recapturing all these elements, and going above and beyond with characterization, soundtrack, and a battle system I believe to be the best in the series.
- Final Fantasy VI is something I played much later, and I actually played it first on mobile. It blew me away with such a wonderful and inspiring story it has for what it is, and similarly just has a brilliant cast and soundtrack.
- I think people don't get Final Fantasy VI credit for just how far it was ahead of its time. At a time most videogames really didn't have much in the way of story at all, Final Fantasy VI not only has a story, but one that really holds up well. It's a pretty powerful tale about overcoming struggle and nihilistic thoughts, and finding something to hold onto and preserve through all of life's hardships. This is told through characters that, while unevenly developed, are better-written than a lot of games that came decades later; women who are complex and believable people that can be both strong and distinctly feminine, and men who portray positive traits of masculinity that are still alloewd to be vulnerable, and never shamed for such. I think the constraints of the time and hardware it was released on are the only things holding this game back, and I really hope it can get a remake it deserves, because I'd love for this masterpiece to resonate with more people.
- I first played Final Fantasy XII on emulator after many other games, but it took a spot as my tied favorite easily. I think it has the best setting and overall gameplay of the series, and I'd love to see them expand on that.
- Final Fantasy IX is a game I think closest to perfecting the Final Fantasy formula: it has such a beautifully moving story and cast (I love the theater setting!), with really well-composed music and a mostly well-designed combat system too.
- Rounding off my top five is Final Fantasy X, which I think has a really fun endgame, but I mostly respect for the narrative themes and setting.
- My favorite characters are also a tie, between Kefka Palazzo and Tifa Lockhart, and Auron as a close third.
- Kefka is just a really compelling villain to me because his nihilistic views are terrifyingly believable, and his boss theme and quotes make him really memorable. Tifa is compelling to me for precisely the opposite reason: she's really inspiring and also complex,, because you see how much the losses she's suffered really define her entire outlook, but that her real strength is overcoming her flaws through all this. Auron, I just think is completley badass and just a fascinating person, an example of someone who's had their optimistic worldview shattered can still strive to do good.
- The music is so good! I've been to a few Distant Worlds: Final Fantasy concerts in-person, and the Final Fantasy VII Remake soundtrack is the first time I've ever purchased a soundtrack for a videogame. The music is so great because it both enhances what's going on on-screen while also being great to listen to outside of it. Though the Final Fantasy VII series has my favorite overall soundtrack, there are plenty of other incredible tracks throughout.
- I love the series for its wide variety of unique settings with incredibly memorable characters and stories, its addictive and unique gameplay, and the incredible music that I always go back to.
For more of my thoughts on the series (yes this trend is almost as old as the wiki itself):
|Name||First best||Second best||Third best||Worst|
|Overall game||Final Fantasy VI||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy IX
honorable mention: FFVII
|Final Fantasy I|
|Console era||SNES era||PSOne era||PS2 era||NES era|
|2D era game||Final Fantasy VI||Final Fantasy IV||Final Fantasy V||Final Fantasy I|
|3D era game||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy IX||Final Fantasy VII
honorable mention: FFX
|Final Fantasy VIII
but wasn't bad
|RPG elements||Final Fantasy X||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy V||Final Fantasy I aged poorly|
|Progression system||Licence Board||Sphere Grid||Materia
honorable mention: Job System
|Plain levels (IV)|
|Battle system||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy X||Final Fantasy XV
honorable mention: FFVI
|Final Fantasy I|
|Level design||Final Fantasy XV||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy IV||Final Fantasy XIII|
|Enemy design||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy XV||Final Fantasy XIV
honorable mention: FFVI, VII
|Final Fantasy IV
not bad, but aged poorly
|Soundtrack||Final Fantasy VII||Final Fantasy VI||Final Fantasy IX||Final Fantasy XIII|
|Normal battle||Final Fantasy IX||Final Fantasy V||Final Fantasy VII||Final Fantasy X|
|Normal boss battle||Force Your Way||Decisive Battle (FFVI)||Those Who Fight Further||Final Fantasy V
way worse than normal battle theme
|Other battle theme||Dancing Mad||Battle on the Big Bridge||Challenge
honorable mention: JENOVA, Birth of a God
|Decisive Battle (FFV)|
|Battle on the Big Bridge||FFXIII-2||FFXII||FFXV||N/A|
|Mountain theme||To the North Mountain||Mt. Kolts||Mt. Gulg||FFIV's|
|Vocal theme||Melodies of Life||Opera||Kiss Me Goodbye||Eyes on Me|
|FFIV theme||Golbez' Theme||Kingdom of Baron||Rydia's Theme||N/A|
|FFV theme||Battle on the Big Bridge||Exdeath's Theme||North Mountain||Decisive Battle|
|FFVI theme||Dancing Mad||Terra's Theme||Decisive Battle||N/A|
|FFVII theme||Cid's Theme||Those Chosen by the Planet||Cosmo Canyon||Yuffie's Theme|
|FFVIII theme||Force Your Way||Under Her Rule||Balamb Garden||Eyes on Me|
|FFIX theme||Melodies of Life||Dark Messenger||Vivi's Theme||N/A|
|FFX theme||Otherworld||Auron's Theme||To Zanarkand||Thunder Plains|
|FFXII theme||Battle on the Big Bridge||Eruyt Village||Jahara Plains||N/A|
|FFXIV theme||Steel Reason (Garlean leaders theme)||Alexander Themes||Garuda Theme
honorable mention: Titan's Theme
|FFXV theme||Fight Is On! (Duscae)||Apocalypsis Aquarius||Main theme
honorable mention: imperial fight theme
|Overall cast||Final Fantasy IX||Final Fantasy VI||Final Fantasy XII
honorable mention: FFXV
|Final Fantasy VIII|
honorable mention: Squall
honorable mention: Judges, Golbez
|Cid||Cid (VII)||Cid (XIV)||Cid (IV)||Cid (VI)|
honorable mention: Kain, Barret
honorable mention: Aranea
|FFVII character||Tifa||Barret||Aerith||Red XIII|
honorable mention: Zidane, Steiner
honorable mention: Lulu, Jecht
|FFXIII Character||Sazh Katzroy||Fang||Lightning||N/A|
honorable mention: Rauhbahn
|Story||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy VII||Final Fantasy IX
honorable mention: FFX, Tactics
|Final Fantasy V|
|Ending||Final Fantasy X||Final Fantasy XII||Final Fantasy IX||Final Fantasy Type-0|
I joined this wiki properly at the end of 2013 (even if my first few edits were in 2010, and were basically meaningless). Became an admin a few years later. Quick background on me:
- Early on, I was mostly responsible for templates (navboxes, infoboxes, and Lua stuff), and wrote a little bit of gameplay content on the side.
- I also led a few major overhauls of the site's policies (including renaming all pages from Title Case to sentence case, revamping the category system, and some big layout changes), and have redone the skin.
- Much later on, I became much more invested in writing lore content for the games, and rewriting articles to reach the highest possible standard.
- I also led the charge on writing quest pages in mainspace, as a sort of guide content, that really helps bolster all the lore pages.
I really love this community and I've been very happy to contribute to the wiki for my favorite videogame series. It's such a fun hobby because of all the research you can do on the games, able to scrutinize them and learn new things about them that you'd missed when you first played them. I'm very happy to have had an impact on this site, and be able to give back to the community in a way.