Perhaps I can be of service to you with the translations? I don't know Japanese myself, and I'll probably be relying on Google Translate and whatnot, but I can probably give you some help on putting stuff on the translations pages and whatnot? ^^;;
- Oh sure, that'd be awesome! I'm also somewhat relying on Google and the translations that are already on the wikia myself but I'd appreciate the assistance. :) Kimlasca warrior (talk) 01:17, March 26, 2014 (UTC)
I will have to say, Google's not very good at some of the translations lol. But if you have a link to where all the data is...I can take a look at that and transfer over any of the Japanese text at the very least.
- Totally, I agree lol that's why I'm also using the wiki for the context and clarity on some stuff. Erm, I'm manually collecting the data from the game (playing it) so it's all pieces and I'd probably have to compile all of it into some sort of list to transfer it over. However, I think this is helpful too! Kimlasca warrior (talk) 01:23, March 26, 2014 (UTC)
Huh...how do you know what's what in the menus and stuff? lol...@_@;;
Ah, trial and error then? lol.I'm currently going through the items that's in the wiki link you linked. Got quite a few of them on the page, though it seems that some of them may be in fact new as the wiki sure doesn't seem to know what some of them are. Interesting...
- Yup, more or less! Oh yeah, I've been noticing that as well but eh, I think that's just the general nature of a game that keeps being updated with new content. Also, some of the stuff is probably tie-in/collaboration/event-related with other games/mobile games so there's also that I guess. Kimlasca warrior (talk) 02:10, March 26, 2014 (UTC)
Huh...and now I don't have much else I CAN add from the wiki, so that's all I got. Sucks...I was actually somewhat enjoying that too. Oh well! I'll just work on the disambigs then, and then probably go back to working on my RPG Maker game! Having problems coming up with a good idea for the revamp of a dungeon...I'm no good with puzzles and gimmicks T-T;
I'm...confused as to what this site is even about. Is it for FFTS in general? Various games? I'm confused! @_@;;
So, I need your help on this. You see, there's some Brigade images not in use, and I'm not sure if they're still in the game or not, such as File:Dayflash Skill Brigade.png for instance (we have File:Dayflash Brigade.png on the Summon Stone page, but this other one is different and isn't on any page). Most of these are on my various Image Hosting Pages, so if you ever have the time to sort those out, that'd be swell. I'm hesitant on putting any of them up for deletion (I put one of Prishe's Nullifying Dropkick up for deletion) because I don't know what to do with most of them...^^;;
Much obliged. I'm working on fixing the links for abilities so that they go to the proper places at the moment (already got done dealing with about 1000 images in the Unused Images category after working 10 hours yesterday at it, and then about 4 hours today, so as you can imagine, I'm a bit tired and stuff lol...I need a newer hobby T-T).
EDIT - Also, gotta say the use of those tabbers is very nice for this. Wish we used those earlier! Hopefully this doesn't take too long to do, as I know there's a looooot of stuff for this game, and that'd mean a lot of checking back and forth between pages and whatnot to make sure all the character/ability/weapon pages have everything. x_x;;
Much obliged for the help (though don't forget to check the first and second image hosting pages. Yeah, there's THAT many images that either the cache isn't reading is on pages correctly, or just are flat-out not on pages at all. They may contain Brigade images as well). And yeah, I just decided to just do things here and not work on my LPs/games like I could be doing because eh...boredom.
So um...here's a dilemma. I know that enemies don't have stats in Brigade, so we'd normally link them to the appropriate page, such as the Archer enemy to Archer (Tactics). However...what do we do for those that don't have a parent page to link to, like say...Blood Fang or Dark Flan?? x_x;;
Oh yes, I finished fixing the redirects and making new ones, so those should be taken care of, outside of any new ones you may have added. That was aloooot to do x_x;;
- Oh, hmm. Even with the context, it's hard to pinpoint whether that could be either the FFII one or the FFX one. I guess when in doubt, look to the latest possible incarnation within the mothership game series, as that seems the more likely choice for them to derive usable content from; in this case, it's probably the FFX one as ATB also regards it as such. And also, that's odd that they would introduce a new monster in Brigade though. Not sure about the Blood Fang but in this particular case since there's no picture, we can probably just remove it off the list for now and add it back when we have more information to go off on. It might be based on a currently existing monster but maybe they just changed the name so I think having the picture would be necessary for this kind of situation; and since it doesn't, just remove it, at least for now.
Hmm...I see. And I doubt that you have a way to take screenshots for your version of the game too (probably due to as you said, the English version being stale compared to the Japanese one, which probably has all the updated, new stuff...). Well, that's a bit of a bother lol. Especially since it's otherwise impossible to discern which is which.
On topic of Brigade, I took a look at the main Brigade article as well as Legend (Airborne Brigade), and don't know how many of these are actually in the game or not (don't seem to have any images for them, nor cards??), such as Maria and Cid Highwind. Reason I'm asking is that if they're in the game, gotta get the appropriate characters a section for Brigade on their pages.
- Hmm, I'm very positive Maria's in it and I can pretty much confirm that most of the people I've placed on the list are there because there was indeed an image/card of them within the game. It's just that I haven't gotten to uploading those images yet. I'll get to some of them today though. Kimlasca warrior (talk) 02:52, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
Ah, gotcha. Sorry to burden you with all of this Brigade work when you're busy trying to do FFTS and whatnot. Didn't expect myself to be working on Brigade as much as I have. ^^;;
- Oh don't worry about it, no harm done! I've been meaning to do it anyway and I'm glad actually to have your assistance with it as well, thanks! It's just been SUPER humid lately and that just totally kills my drive lol. No worries, I'll get whatever I can finished. Kimlasca warrior (talk) 03:09, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
I'm assuming that the current images being uploaded can't be found at higher resolutions? o.o??
I have a Link for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call it has the Music from VIII through XIV IT also has information about the Demo for the game & if you get the demo you unlock extra character's one is from FFXIV named Ciaran.
Here is the Link http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/08/jam-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-songs-final-fantasy-viii-ffxiv/ Mystical Jade (talk) 17:44, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh wow, thanks for the heads-up! I'll be sure to have that processed when I can. Kimlasca warrior (talk) 17:45, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
- I also forgot that Serah Farron will also have her look from Final Fantasy XIII it's also part of the Demo & she will still have her look Final Fantasy XIII-2 as well.Mystical Jade (talk) 02:38, April 15, 2014 (UTC)
As stated in our Manual of Style, please remember that you should use the full name of the relevant Final Fantasy, and not abbreviate mid-article to "FFVII" or similar. To quote, "Please avoid writing abbreviations for game titles, e.g FFVII - it should be Final Fantasy VII. Exceptions are for spaces where the full name would not fit." Cheers. Tia-Lewise 18:02, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, was just following what was done on another page, I'll fix up the ones I've done. Thanks for the reminder! Kimlasca warrior (talk) 18:03, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
We generally don't use tabber on the wiki. In fact, the only place you'd find them is in enemy infoboxes and things like datalogs with updated entries.
And when we start doing new things we generally discuss it first. So I am going to go out and say I would rather you didn't use tabbers. Like, currently you use them when there is only one tab which serves no purpose. Additionally, there are other problems raised with tabbers, such as interfering with Ctrl+F and #Find functionality. I don't see much convenience in having to scroll back to the top to see the next section either.
- No, there were no prior discussions before this and I must apologize for assuming such has even taken place.
- Honestly, I initially started using it on one of the more prominent pages and assumed that it would get removed and I would be reprimanded about it. However, it didn't and the more I did it, it went unquestioned so what else am I left to assume but to keep using it where I find appropriate? Of course, that was my mistake for not thinking further about and also considering what others had thought about it. I should have asked you or one of the other Admins prior as to whether or not I should have gone through with this instead of going with the rapid glut of categorizing things much further.
- I will not defend those one-tabbers I've left as I recognize the irrelevance in having them there, however, with regards to the other modifications I've made, Tabber would indeed provide more service to the user. Sure, it may not be useful in terms of major pages like those of the character pages but with regards to things like job pages or weapons pages, especially considering the Airborne Brigade Weapons pages, I felt it necessary to entirely flesh out the varying categories using the Tabber. Prior to using Tabber on that page, it was literally a giant hodgepodge page scroll of information and images that, at least I thought, was particularly a cluttered read.
- I would go on to talk more about Tabber's qualifications but I assume it would probably be best to bring up a discussion of it rather than let the conversation meander on my Talk Page. Regardless, I will go to undo a majority of the Tabber edits I have made until the matter is resolved. I'm not particularly attached to the idea of using it, knowing the risk of interfering users with what you've stated and much more although I thought it would've been convenient in some aspects. However, I recognize I shouldn't force that inconsiderate decision upon others. Kimlasca warrior (talk) 20:34, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
I'm gonna clean out some of the new images you uploaded. Unless the designs are different, we don't need two images for the returning characters that just show them posed differently.
- Oh, I apologize for that! I was actually gonna start marking those up for deletion after I saw your post but you already got them all I think. You work fast! Kimlasca warrior (talk) 20:34, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
TFF - Theatrhythm CC Edit
For the sake of naming consistency with files, I'm gonna move the files with the former prefix to the latter. Would you be willing to go through the character pages and change the file names to save me some work? :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 13:55, April 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh sure! Wait, just for clarification, we're changing it to "TFF - Theatrhythm CC [Character Name].png" right? Kimlasca warrior (talk) 13:57, April 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Since the new images are just on the enemy page it won't be much work, but for future uploads, can you do the same for the enemy images? Also, you don't need to edit the image page to add categorization and templates, etc, you can put them in the image summary when uploading. Drake Clawfang (talk) 14:34, April 16, 2014 (UTC)
BD images Edit
Nice job on the BD images (in addition to all the other stuff you've done). I've mainly been focusing on creating location and enemy pages for that game, so it's good to have someone helping with the image side of things. Oh, and I noticed something funny here - it's cutting the image off so you can only see part of his head and sword, even though rightclicking the image to display in a new tab shows the full thing. Maybe try uploading it again, otherwise we could contact Wikia to fix it. Just thought you'd like to know :) --Shockstorm 03:49, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- No prob, it's been my pleasure! And that is very odd indeed, so I'm just gonna reupload it again. Let me know if it works now. Kimlasca warrior (talk) 03:56, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
Your Opinion Matters!Edit
Dunno if you care or not, but if you could give your opinions on the matters, that'd help a bit~
Those are the big two right now needing discussing. Other things such as what to do with the Abilities/Limit Break templates, as well as the format of Magic pages and the like, as seen in User:Xenomic/Sandbox3, need discussed later. If you want to give your opinions on those, that'd be great~
Think I could get your help to work on/finish up the translation page? I've done all I could (and I can't stand working on the page anymore lol), and having someone else double-check to make sure things are right and whatnot would definitely help. That is, if you're not too busy. x_x;;
- Oops, my bad! Sure, sure, I'll make one up as soon as I can. Kimlasca warrior (talk) 18:39, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey! I got it from the website! You can find out more here! :) Kimlasca warrior (talk) 00:18, May 23, 2014 (UTC)
I've created a character poll on my page, and they're organised based on Crystal Shard categories in Curtain Call. Cast your vote and let as many users know about it. Looking forward to the results. Vapor Rub (talk) 15:30, May 29, 2014 (UTC)