I'm not actually dead (although it was close). I'm back, but don't expect me to spend a lot of time here though.
I know a little Japanese, and have done console game hacking on the NES, SNES, PSX, and PSP. My scanner has arrived! Let me know if you need anything from:
- ファイナルファンタジーXI 公式設定資料集 ~Life in Vana'diel~ (Final Fantasy XI Official Setting Document Collection ~Life in Vana'diel~)
- ファイナルファンタジーXI ストーリー アルティマニア (Final Fantasy XI Story Ultimania).
- ファイナルファンタジーXIII バトルアルティマニア (Final Fantasy XIII Battle Ultimania)
- チョコボの不思議なダンジョン2ダンジョンマスターの書 (Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 Dungeon Master Book)
- スクウェア公式チョコボの不思議なダンジョン (Square Official Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon)
- (The Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings Ultimania)
I also have the first Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon game for the PS1 (the one that was never translated), including the manual.
Currently, I am working on an Ivalice-based table top/pen-and-paper RPG using a homebrewed system. It's a somewhat "crunch"-heavy RPG, roughly on par with Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition in terms of complexity. No attempt was made to adapt any particular console RPG game system (too crunchy) but there are certain mechanical similarities. Features:
- 7 playable races (Hume, Bangaa, Moogle, Nu Mou, Viera, Gria, Seeq)
- Job system with 9 starting jobs (Archer, Black Mage, Chemist, Fencer, Monk, Squire, Thief, Warrior, White Mage), and dozens of advanced jobs taken from throughout the Final Fantasy series
- Point-based character creation system with great flexibility
- Occupation system for earning a little money during downtime, inspired by the Tactics series dispatch missions
- Skill system for noncombat tasks not handled by job abilities such as picking locks, crafting items, gathering clues, deciphering mysterious scripts, ballroom dancing, etc
- Advancement up to level 50
I also used to do spriting in an FF4/FFRK format.
I have a DeviantArt where I post only my sprite art: