Hi! My username is GoldenChocobo. I'm not a native speaker of English. If I make grammar errors, please correct me (in this way I can learn something from my errors). I'm playing the Final Fantasy series since 2000, and the first Final Fantasy game I played was FFVII. In the next section I want to explain what I like (and what I don't like) in the Final Fantasy games I played. I marked the things I like with a, and what I don’t like with a .
Final Fantasy OpinionsEdit
- The first chapter of the greatest saga.
- Interesting dungeons (Sunken Shrine, Mirage Tower, Flying Fortress) and nice bosses (The Four Fiends and Chaos).
- Lacks of an interesting story.
- I really HATE the GBA bonus dungeons. If you want a specific rare item you need too much tries.
Final Fantasy IIEdit
- Most of the characters have a name and a (simple) storyline.
- The plot is nice, but makes no sense in some specific points.
- Horrible leveling system.
- Firion, Maria and Gui need more lines.
Final Fantasy IIIEdit
- The job system is good, but 99 levels for every job is a terrible thing.
- There aren’t a plot and developed characters.
- Endless dungeons need a savepoint.
Final Fantasy IVEdit
- The plot is good. Almost all the characters are well characterized.
- The gameplay is enjoyable.
- Too many characters try to die. And almost all of them failed.
- Golbez is a better villain than Zeromus. And Zeromus existence in this game makes no sense.
Final Fantasy VEdit
- Good (and funny) plot. Maybe sometimes too much messed up.
- The best job system.
- The villain is a tree. Nice idea.
- Superbosses. Omega and Shinryu are really hard to defeat.
- Faris and Krile need more lines.
Final Fantasy VIEdit
- Really interesting plot. And good gameplay.
- Tactically a great number of characters with different abilities is good.
- A lot of well characterized heroes (Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Locke, Celes) and a great villain (Kefka).
- A lot of the characters aren’t developed enough (Relm, Strago, Mog, Umaro, Gogo).
Final Fantasy VIIEdit
- The best plot of the entire series.
- Great cast. Almost all the characters are well developed.
- Great gameplay (Materia and Limit breaks).
- I really like the setting.
- Has got the best minigames (Chocobo races, Snowboard, …).
- The characters’ graphics is horrible.
Final Fantasy VIIIEdit
- The Junction system is interesting.
- Triple Triad.
- Squall and Rinoa are well developed, and they share a good love story.
- The plot is really good until the end of Disc 1. Then is really messed up.
- The orphanage memories are the worst things in the history of Final Fantasy.
- Zell, Quistis, Selphie and Irvine are somehow unnecessary in the post-Disc 1 plot. They do only few things, and the cutscenes involving them aren’t enough. They need more lines. Ultimecia is really a bad villain.
Final Fantasy IXEdit
- Really a great plot.
- Maybe the best cast (I like characters with exclusive abilities). Kuja is a great villain.
- Great gameplay. Learning abilities from the equipment is a good idea.
- The graphics style is interesting.
- Three of the continents are somehow a wasteland (there are only a couple of cities).
- Excalibur II is a bad idea.
Final Fantasy XEdit
- The story is really good, and the characters are well characterized.
- The turn-based battle system is enjoyable.
- I personally like blitzball. I don’t know why.
- Yu Yevon as a final boss is not a bad idea. But its design is horrible.
- Sometimes the minigames made me angry (butterfly hunt).
Final Fantasy XIIEdit
- Probably the best gameplay.
- Great sidequests.
- Balthier and Ashe are well characterized. Bash and Fran are a waste of potential (the game needs more cutscenes involving them).
- Vaan and Penelo have not a good reason to be in the game. And I can’t believe they are as strong as the other characters (Bash is a soldier, but is as strong as a shopkeeper!). They also lack of backstory and characterization.
- The plot is really good until the Tomb of Raithwall. Then is really messed up (too many swords and stones). The villain is always absent, and the game doesn’t let you know anything about him.
Final Fantasy XIIIEdit
- The cast is good. The plot isn’t bad (but maybe is too much simple).
- The battle system is somehow nice. But auto-battle is a bad idea (I want gambits back).
- There are too many places where you can’t return.
- No minigames and no sidequests (the hunt is almost like common battles).
Final Fantasy XVEdit
- Good graphics, nothing else.
- The battle system is horrible (you just need to smash buttons and periodically use heal items). The "Danger" status is the worst idea ever (the IA of the allies is terrible).
- Disposable magic is a bad idea, and they also hurt allies...
- The characters are easily forgotten. Many of them don't even interact with the plot. You can reproduce the same plot with only Noctis and Ardyn (which also need a deepened characterization).
- The plot is ridiculous, it can be summarized in "the enemy helps you to become stronger, and then dies". The motivations of Ardyn (and thus the whole plot) are somehow contradictory. Repetitive side quests.
Final Fantasy PreferencesEdit
|Male Character||Auron||Cloud||Sabin||Cid (FFIV)|
|Boss Design||Deathguise (FFIX)||Demon (FFVI)||Catoblepas (FFVIII)||Unei (FFIII)|
|Superboss||Omega (FFV)||Weapons (FFVII)||Penance (FFX)||Long Gui (FFXIII)|
|Weapon Design||Holy Lance (FFXII)||Nue (FFXIII)||Rapier (FFVII CC)||Noel's Weapons (FFXIII-2)|
|Music||FFIX||FFVII||FFVI||FFXII (I prefer Uematsu)|
Final Fantasy Curriculum VitaeEdit
The following is a list of what Final Fantasy game I played. I reported also the goals reached. If I can help you in any way contact me.
|Game||Version||Storyline Completed||Maximum Level||100% Equipment||100% Bestiary||100% Abilities||Superbosses Defeated||Other Notes|
|Final Fantasy I||GBA||Shinryu, Omega and Death Gaze||None|
|Final Fantasy II||GBA||N/A||N/A||None|
|Final Fantasy III||NDS||None|
|Final Fantasy IV||GBA||Zeromus EG||Obtained only the unique armors * (because of the fat chocobo's limits)|
|Final Fantasy V||GBA||Omega, Shinryu, Omega Mk.II, Neo Shinryu, Enuo||Mastered all jobs|
|Final Fantasy VI||PS||N/A||Obtained all the not-glitched Gau rages|
|Final Fantasy VII||PS||N/A||Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon||Maximized all the characters' stats|
|Final Fantasy VIII||PS||N/A||N/A||Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon||100% Triple Triad cards, 100% Ultimate Weapon|
|Final Fantasy IX||PS||* (except Excalibur II)||N/A||Ozma||100% Tetra Master cards|
|Final Fantasy X||PS2||N/A||N/A||Nemesis, Penance||Maximized all the characters' stats, 100% Celestial Weapons|
|Final Fantasy XII||PS2||Omega Mark XII, Yiazmat||100% Sky Pirate's Den|
|Final Fantasy XIII||PS3||N/A||Vercingetorix, Long Gui||Maximized all the characters' Crystarium, 100% trophies|
|Final Fantasy XV||PS4||* (level 104)||* (except the DLC ones)||N/A||N/A * (the strongest enemies of FFXV are not worthy of this title)||100% missions, 100% fishing and recipes entries, 100% trophies|
|Dirge of Cerberus||PS2||N/A||N/A||Completed all the Extra Missions|
|Final Fantasy X-2||PS2||Trema||None|
|Revenant Wings||NDS||N/A||Yiazmat, Lv99 Final Boss||None|
|Final Fantasy XIII-2||PS3||N/A||Long Gui, Yomi, Raspatil||Maximized all the characters' Crystarium, 100% trophies, 100% Adornments * (except the DLC ones and Mog's Clock)|
|Lightning Returns - Final Fantasy XIII||PS3||N/A||* (except the DLC ones)||Aeronite, Ereshkigal, Bhunivelze+||5 Star rank in every specific battle*, 100% trophies, 100% garbs and adornments (Easy, Normal and Hard modes)* (except the DLC ones)|
|Chocobo Tales||NDS||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||100% cards earned|
|Dissidia 012||PSP||* (except the Super Rocket set)||N/A||Lv130 Feral Chaos||100% Accomplishments, Obtained most of the Friend Card Accomplishments * (except the online ones)|
|Tactics Advance||GBA||* (I don't have: Galmia Shoes, Tulwar, Iceprism, Diabolique, Gastra Bow)||N/A||* (but I don't have a Thundrake for the Morpher)||N/A||100% missions cleared|
|Tactics Advance 2||NDS||N/A||Brightmoon Tor cleared, Final Tournament cleared||100% missions cleared|
|Crisis Core||PSP||N/A||Minerva||100% missions cleared|
|Type-0 HD||PS4||N/A||* (only the fire, thunder and ice magics fully upgraded)||100% missions, 100% Rubicus, 100% trophies|