The Ivalician Language (イヴァリース言語, Ivarīsu Gengo?) featured in Final Fantasy Tactics appears in a few places. They can be seen on the big circular zodiac sigil. The one in the opening movie of the PlayStation version and also in the background when the player access the save screen. It is also found on the floor in the "job class demonstration" opening movie demo.
English players could never think to discover this by themselves since several words appeared in the Sound Novels, a feature that is exclusive to Japanese players because the Sound Novels were dummied for the English release. These words are written in both katakana and Ivalician while the English players only have the blurry world map and the zodiac sigil to go on with in deciphering the Ivalician alphabet.
Ivalician Alphabet[edit | edit source]
The Ivalician alphabet consists of the following known letters. There is no Ivalician equivalent that has been found yet for the letters Q and X.
Translations[edit | edit source]
The following is what has been translated so far into English from Ivalician, the only thing left are the remaining untranslated words found on the world map which cannot be translated due to it being low resolution/having small blurry characters.
Zodiac Sigil[edit | edit source]
The names of all twelve Lucavi can be found on the zodiac sigil along with their respected Zodiac signs and their Ivalician names.
|Zodiac Sign||Lucavi||Ivalice Name|
Magic Circle[edit | edit source]
- Outer Circle Area:
- Top Left Corner: Saramander
- Top Right Corner: Gnomes
- Bottom Right Corner: Fairy
- Bottom Left Corner: Undines
- Inside Circle - 3rd Layer:
- Top Middle: Belias
- Top Right: Adramecl
- Bottom Right: Cuclrain
- Bottom Middle: Ultima
- Bottom Left: Laslmarrim
- Top Left: Zallera
- Inside Circle - 2nd Layer:
- Unknown 6 letter words.
- Inside Circle - 1st Layer (Starting from Clockwise):
- Aries, Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Libra, Virgo, Leo, Cancer, Gemini, and Taurus.
- The Nouth Ster (The North Star)
World Map[edit | edit source]
- On the Continent of Ivalice:
- In the Ocean near Clockwork City of Goug:
- West Bugroth Ocean (West Bugross Ocean - it was called Bugroth in PS)
- Southeastern Ocean:
- East Bugroth Ocean (East Bugross Ocean - it was called Bugroth in PS)
- Northeast Corner:
- North Ice Sea
- Oldaria (Ordallia)
- Near Mullonde:
- Black Coral Sea
- Northwest Corner:
- Romandah (Romanda)
- Larner Channel (Rhana Strait - it was called Larner Channel in PS)
Sound Novels[edit | edit source]
The following words can only be found in the Japanese version.
- Mesa's Musings:
- The Nine Islands:
- Island of Joy
- The Nine Islands:
- Nanai's Histories:
- Golden Palace (In the best ending)