- Exhaust Hope's dialogue options.
- Pick up the treasure box, containing the Black Mage and White Mage garbs.
- Warp to the Wildlands Station.
- Check in with Chocolina.
- Run over to Canopus Farms.
- Fight enemies and pick up Dayring Blossoms until 7 AM.
- The following could have been done earlier, right after Sarala's first quest was completed, which would speed up the following process. Nothing to do about it on this run, and we've got plenty of time to complete it still. But for optimization's sake... not my best work.
- Speak to Sarala to receive 5 Vegetable Seeds.
- Hand over Forest Fertilizers three separate times, opening up 3 new patches of earth.
- Plant a Vegetable Seed in each of the patches.
- The greens will take 6 hours to grow, so we'll come back 13 AM.
- This is needed for a later quest.
- Teleport to the Dead Dunes Station.
- Check in with Chocolina.
- Change to the Woodland Walker.
- Use the red cactuar statue to go to the Ruins North Gate.
- Run towards the objective point on the map (east).
- Feel free to fight any Gurangatch, they're a breeze. If you don't use Overclock, which you shouldn't, you'll charge up your EP in a jiffy.
- On the way however, go east of the Giant's Head, and you'll find Tobias's Branch Store, where we can stock up on a few more Potions just in case. Me, I bought 4.
- Go to the northeast.
- In the ruins entrance, speak to the man and he'll open the gate.
- Progress through the ruins path.
- Activate the red cactuar statue on the way.
- As you reach the ladder down, first go to the right and pick up the treasure sphere with the Guard's Cravat.
- Now jump down, and we'll see our first timed doors, open only every alternating other hour.
- This particular set of doors however both lead to the same one path.
- Examine the stone tablet in the next room to add the doors to your map, showing you whether or not they're open.
- In the end of this path, Skeletons will start to spawn.
|Skeleton||Unleash a chain of Aero+. It'll immediately attack, so Guard accordingly and Revenge Guard will Stagger it.
Once it readies Blood Sword, get ready to Guard as it is a very potent attack, but leaves Skeleton will be vulnerable to its second tier of Stagger. After this, it's done for.
- At the end of the hallway, two Skeleton "statues" stand guard. Strike at them to reveal whether or not they were empty husks, and thus whether or not we have to fight them.
- In this case they're empty, so pick up the Yellowed Skull they drop. Gross.
- The right (west) path is closed, so go forward.
- Same with the next fork.
- Examine the next stone tablet.
- Since the clock is 08:40 for me, the following door was open, so I went through it. Here we find a Deprotect Lv. 2 in a treasure sphere.
- It also contains another open timed door with a Slow Lv. 2 in a treasure sphere.
- Go back before they close on you.
- Go north in the fork by the stone tablet this time, and down the ladder.
- The door on the left opened as the clock reached 9 AM, leading to an Earth Eater we'll avoid, and a treasure sphere with a White Strap.
- Let's try the Earth Eater for a challenge.
|Earth Eater||Unleash a chain of Aero+ then immediately Guard against its attacks.
After a few more Aero+, it's Staggered.
Use full ATB of Heavy Slash.
Keep going with Aero+ chains again, and alternate with Heavy Slash.
His "Getting Angry!" ability buffs him, but due to the Feeder ability on our Battleaxe, we'll steal its effects.
The next Stagger will be elongated. Use all ATB of Heavy Slash, then Overlock and keep going.
Keep depleting regular ATB and Overclock with only Heavy Slash, and it will Stagger a second time.
Depleting the entire EP bar with 3 Overclocks will ensure a victory.
We'll only regain 2 EP from the fight, but it's worth it for a safe, guaranteed victory.
- Go inside and pick up the Warding Talisman in the treasure sphere. Hooray?
- Return to the hallway and progress through, to the strange red device.
- Examine it to open the door. Progress through.
- Follow Fang straight through. Strike at every Skeleton statue and pick up their drops, if any.
- Examine the red cactuar statue and then the sealed door.
- Go back, and to the right at the fork this time.
- Following this path downwards leads to a Pilgrim's Crux. Use it on the nearby door.
- Here I should have went inside to pick up the Pilgrim's Crux (there are two) and possibly complete Bhakti's quest. We will have to do this a bit later, which is a waste of time since we need it to get a Tablet, which means we have to go back out again. Dumb mistake.
- Run out of the ruins through this path.
- Speak to the man in the tent, to get the quest "His Wife's Dream".
- Use the red cactuar statue to go to Ruffian.
- Run inside the main area and up the stairs. Speak to the boy to get the quest "Tool of the Trade".
- Jump down. From Ruffian, run north into the Atomos's Sands.
- Try to avoid any Earth Eaters on the way. We don't have the EP for them.
- On the way you'll find a treasure chest with a Spiritual Veil.
- Run around the enormous sphere, for a red cactuar statue.
- Go inside the Atomos's Shrine. Immediately on the left, examine the glow for a Bhakti's Oil.
- On the left before the Pilgrim's door is a treasure sphere with a Pretty Orb.
- Open the door and progress.
- At the very end, we pick up the Tablet, spawning multiple Skeleton statues.
- Fight your way back up, breaking every statue.
- Run directly to the south of the Atomos, and you'll see a red aura on the ground. Examine it to receive the Loupe.
- Return to the red cactuar statue and return to Ruffian.
- Run back up the stairs and hand over the Loupe to Elmer, completing his quest.
|"Tool of the Trade"|
- Speak to Elmer again, and hand over unappraised items, receiving a Pilgrim's Crux (we can only get 1 this way) and some more items.
- Run outside and use the red cactuar statue to warp to the Grave of the Colossi Shrine.
- Run towards the southern path to the west, where the sandstorm is.
- Use your new Pilgrim's Crux to open the path.
- Inside, engage the team of Goblots.
|Goblot||Focus on one Goblot at a time, primarily with Aero+.
Guarding when they gang up on you is a great way to restore your health.
Should not be overly difficult.
- Winning nets you get the Arithmometer.
- Consume 4 EP to unlock the treasure sphere with a Silk Scarf.
- Strike at lizards to your heart's content.
- Go back to the red cactuar statue, and travel to Ruins North Gate.
- Hand over the arithmometer to Ramon, completing his quest.
|"His Wife's Dream"|
- Use the red cactuar statue to travel to the Station.
- Accept/Complete anything with Chocolina.
- Fight enemies to get 3 EP (if you don't already have them), then Teleport to the Wildlands Station.
- Accept/Complete anything with Chocolina.
- Ride to the Canopus Farms.
- Pick up all 4 Gysahl Greens.
- Speak to Sarala.
- Now ride to the Research Camp.
- Speak to the old man.
- Plant a seed in each of the patches, then speak to the man again.
- Hand over the ingredients to Tilda, receiving an Animal Potion. Accept the quest "Matchmaker".
- Speak to Tilda once more.
- Sadly I don't have the ingredients at this point, but we'll return here later regardless.
- Ride back to the Station.
- Speak to Brella at the steps, completing the quest.
|"Mother and Daughter"|
- Ride to Aryas Village.
- Speak to Chef Aryas, and have him make the Legendary Recipe, completing the quest.
|"A Taste of the Past"|
- You'll also receive a Mystical Meal.
- Run to the west of the town, and consume the Yeul's Flower here. The Angel will recover to his full strength!
- Ride to Canopus Farms and speak to Thirteen to complete the quest.
|"Dog, Doctor, and Assistant"|
- Teleport to Yusnaan.
- Go to the Cactuar Statue, and speak to the boy up the ramp towards the Champion's Quarter. Accept his quest "Play It for Me".
- You'll receive the Musical Sphere Treasure Key.
- Go past the Cactuar staue, and look to your right. Climb the stairs and open the musical treasure sphere.
- Go to the Glutton's Quarter. On the left side, near the Station, is the second musical treasure sphere.
- Go through the Road to War to the Slaughterhouse.
- Speak to Alchemist Velno to receive the Nektar of the Gods, to be used later in a Slaughterhouse battle.
- Behind the large cage, accessed by going around on the left side, is the final musical treasure sphere.
- Run back to Morris, through the Champion's Quarter, and hand over the nostalgic scores to finish the quest.
|"Play It for Me"|
- Run to the Augur's Quarters.
- Candice does not appear until 19 PM, so we're going to waste a little time.
- Pick up Statue Fragments as you find them.
- Run through the hole the statue made into the garden.
- Go to the right (west). We're likely going to run into some enemies.
|Skata'ne||You deal a lot of damage to these at this point, but stay on the defensive to take advantage on Revenge Guard's effect on its Stagger.|
|Desdemona||Not much of a threat, but you will not get a Stagger off on it. Stay with using Magic, and Guard as appropriate.|
- At the westernmost point of the garden is a treasure sphere with the Thorn of Courage.
- If you see a Cyclops, go for it.
|Cyclops||Your attacks will do little, but use them anyway.
Guarding is the most vital part, using both perfect timing and Revenge Guard to build Stagger.
When damaged enough, it uses Rage to become much stronger, but also susceptible to Stagger. Go wild.
Squash can utterly decimate you, don't be afraid to heal up afterwards.
Fight the urge to use Overclock, in order to gain the EP afterwards.
- Go back to the hole in the wall, and jump up and over it.
- Leave Augur's Quarter, and down the stairs to the left is a juggling woman. Speak to her and accept her quest "Adoring Adornments".
- Speak to her and show your adornments. Do this twice more, which completes the quest.
- Run to the Slaughterhouse, and accept the fight (against a Gurangatch for me).
- The fight itself doesn't matter, just use the Nektar of the Gods right away.
- After winning the battle, run over and speak to Alchemist Velno, receiving a Nektar of the Gods Ω and completing the quest.
|"A Testing Proposition"|
- Let's Teleport to the Wildlands and get some Moonsoul Blooms.
- Accept/Complete anything with Chocolina.
- Get on the Angel and ride towards the entrance to the Jagd Woods to the south, but focus on picking up flowers.
- Now that the Angel is fully upgraded, and for variety's sake, let's give a Reaver a go if you find one.
- Switch to Electronica.
- Strike at the Reaver.
|Reaver||Use two chains of Thunder+. If this doesn't Stagger it, the Guard against his next attack and the following Revenge Guard should.
At this point deal as much damage as you may, but save ATB on your defensive garb.
The Reaver will eventually stand up, restoring plenty of his HP.
At this point, we need to perfect Guard against its physical attacks, as a strong one is upcoming. Guarding increases the Reaver's Stagger bar as well, which pairs extremely well with Revenge Guard.
As it Staggers, keep going with a few Heavy Slashes, then Launch it with a Magic Slash.
Keep Magic Slashing while in the air, then Heavy Slash to Smite and end it.
Not too difficult if Guarding well. Revenge Guard is broken in these cases.
- Remember, any Shard Blade dropped is prohibited from this run, so you may not equip it.
- As you approach the Jagd Woods entrance path, make sure you've at least 5 Moonsoul Blooms.
- Switch to the Midnight Mauve, as you would.
- As you go through the woods, pick up any Luminous Mushroom.
- We're going towards the Moogle Village again, so we know the fastest way is sticking to the left wall.
- While there, we can pick up another Crimm mushroom which has regrown on the same spot.
- Pick up the Sylkis Green grown in the vegetable patch.
- Plant another if you've got the seeds for it.
- Get out, and jump right, making your way to the Rocky Crag.
- When we start to see Vali, switch back to Woodland Walker.
- You may fight any Aster Protoflorian you want.
- In the first open area, jump from the first large platform to the second. To the northeast is a small icy platform with a Rocky Crag Mole on it.
- On the very most right-most platform in the next open area, accessed by climbing the broken tree beside it, has a treasure sphere with a Mage's Turban.
- On the same platform is another Rocky Crag Mole to the east.
- Go up towards Poltae, but take a left in the fork prior.
- Go with this path towards the Eromite Plains.
- At the first path to Eremite Plains to the east, instead continue forward to the north a bit, to where you can circle around to get up towards the platforms. Glide south across the platform to the last one in this fork, where you'll find another Rocky Crag Mole.
- Leave the Rocky Crag to the Eremite Plains.
- Before jumping down, glide towards the western platform and pick the treasure sphere with the Watergod Bracelet.
- Switch to Watery Chorus (because I'm afraid of Ectopuddings).
- Glide over to the Research Camp, and hand over the items to Tilda.
- Teleport to Aryas Village.
- Run over and speak to Doctor Sheep, completing the quest.
- Speak to the Seedhunter and hand over any Soul Seeds.
- Switch back to Woodland Walker for now.
- Ride back to the Research Camp, picking up flowers on the way.
- On the way, I had the pleasure of running into my first Last One, the Miniflan Ω!
- Switch to Electronica.
- Strike at it.
|Miniflan Ω||A single Thunder+ along the Angel will defeat it quickly.|
- Pick up the Frostseal Jewel it drops on the ground after defeat. This will be invaluable against Snow later.
- You can stay in Electronica, as Reavers are easier to deal with using Lightning magic.
- Continue to the Research Camp.
- On the way, you could stop by Chocolina and accept/complete anything, but I had nothing new.
- As you approach the Eremite Plains, switch to Watery Chorus.
- At 01:20, upon reaching the Research Camp, it's not yet time to harvest the greens. Go down the hill and fight enemies and pick flowers until 02:00.
- Let's fight another Chocobo Eater just because we can.
|Chocobo Eater||Use a chain of Blizzard+, then Guard against the first attack.
Use Heavy Slash and Blizzard+ alternatingly, but primarily focus on Guard and Revenge Guard.
When Staggered, exhaust Heavy Slash, then Overclock and keep going.
Magic Slash will also deal great damage while it's down.
When it gets up, be careful. It will give two warnings before its Daze attack "So Hungry!" ("Should I Chomp Them?", "Should I Cook Them?"), so Guard in good time.
Heavy Slash becomes enpowered with its Feeder abilities as "So Hungry!" buffs it, so steal them for yourself.
Try to Guard at your best ability against "Chef's Secret". Trust that the Angel will restore your health back up.
Playing defensively is must. I used Overclock again for its next Stagger, but it's really not necessary. Just be cautious.
- As I approached the Camp at 02:10, I was able to harvest 2 Tantal Greens.
- Speak to the Stubborn Old Man, and accept the quest "The Old Man and the Field".
- Hand over a Gysahl Green right away, completing the quest.
|"The Old Man and the Field"|
- Teleport to Ruffian.
- Run up to the General Store and speak to Tobias, completing his quest and unlocking new items in his store.
- Switch to Woodland Walker.
- Use the red cactuar statue to travel to the Dead Dunes Station.
- Run directly to the east, down to the beach, to find a Pilgrim's Crux.
- Teleport back, then use the red cactuar statue to go to the Dry Floodlands Shrine.
- Go inside and to the bottom, and pick up the Bhakti's Oil and the Pain Dampener.
- Open the door by consuming the Pilgrim's Crux, and go inside to pick up the Tablet.
- Strike all the Skeletons on your way out.
- Use the red cactuar statue to travel to the Atomos's Sand Shrine.
- Run from here to the Grave of the Colossi, taking the northeastern route, picking up the Pilgrim's Crux on the way. Avoid Earth Eaters.
- Inside, pick up the Bandit's Bloodseal.
- At the bottom, open the door with the Pilgrim's Crux and go get your third and final Tablet.
- As usual, strike all Skeletons on your way up.
- Use the red cactuar statue to travel to Ruins North Gate.
- Travel down into the ruins until you come to the Sacred Grove.
- Take a right (west) and another right to find a Pilgrim's Crux. (Which we could have picked up much earlier)
- Progress to find Bhakti. Speak to him and accept the quest "The Life of a Machine".
- Hand over 3 Bhakti's Oil. Run up and examine the door to open it. Examine the Skeletons to your left in the room to find 1200 gil, a Bhakti's Oil, and a Pilgrim's Crux. Speak to Bhakti again to finish his quest.
|"The Life of a Machine"|
- We're running out of time here (5 AM).
- Go back, and at the Troubled Archaeologist, go straight. Ignore the skeleton statues for today.
- Take a right and find the Pilgrim's Crux.
- Go into the next room to the west to find a Study of the Savage and a Pilgrim's Crux.
- Go back round west and activate the red machine.
- Don't go through that door just yet, take the passage closest to you.
- Place a Tablet to view the mural.
- Pick up the Crux Body.
- We have little time left, so let's run as far as we can.
- Go into the passage we opened before.
- At the fork, fight the Gurangatch and go through his hallway to find the Collector Catalog.
- Jump down and pick up the Pilgrim's Crux.
- Get transported back to the Ark.