The Cloister of the Dead and Sealed Temple sections are not totally complete. Other wise, this walkthrough is done...
So, I, the great Catuse, found that there was only one FF5 walkthrough! This stinks, as while BlueHighwind's is good, it has spoilers, and spoilers = bad when they aren't in spoiler tags, so I decided to make another. Things to know:
- is select and is cancel. That's the only real controls.
- This game uses a Job System. I'll explain the system itself when we get to that point, as well as going over the advantages and disadvantages of each job.
- Do not sell equipment with special effects, or keep equipment that's outdated and has no special effects. Ever.
- Once you get to Drakenvale or so, you should be able to afford keeping about 30 Hi-Potions, Phoenix Downs, and every status-heal item in your inventory at all times. It will probably save you. It saved me.
- I presume you have basic knowledge of Final Fanatasy: what Poison does, etc.
- I give away user boxes often. I'll start with the one at the bottom of this section.
- My preferred settings are the following, and I will presume you use them:
- Battle/text speed = 1
- Cursor position = remember
- Auto-dash = on
- All others = default
Without further ado, press your on button on your game, click New Game, watch the scenes, and off we go.
Whenever you get lost, remember, it's not over till
the fat lady sings Edit
Home World: Alright everyone, let's mosey. Edit
- The Wind Crystal Awaits!
- To the Water Crystal! Redundantly named mountains and cute murdering demons await!
- The Fire Crystal: Wow, this is getting repetitive
- Kweh! Kweh! Kwehhhhhh! (Translation: Hey look, a page without crystals in it.)
- The Shifting Sand Land, and airship adventures
- The Earth Crystal, plus some incidents of Deus ex Machina
- The Clash on the Big Bridge! Starring... GILGAMESH!!!
- My Kingdom for some Dragon Grass, and GILGAMESH!!!
- The Talking Turtle, and other Tales with no GILGAMESH!!!
- The Parting of the
WaysWorlds, and GILGAMESH!!!
- Cue annoyingly long sidequests here
- An omniscient guy, a minotaur, a cloaked guy-a-Gogo, and some zombie pigs, all guarding the best skills in the game
- The Final
SummoningSummons, as in monsters, not an FFX story element
- Banished to... the Void!
- Welcome to Superboss Heaven
- FFV: Bringing Death to Exdeath since 1992