Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Ultros (World of Final Fantasy) page!
A tentacled terror that absolutely loves the ladies. (The feeling is not mutual.) Seriously strong, seriously annoying. For better or worse, and for all the wrong reasons, he's a legend.
Mirage Manual entry
Ultros is a minor character in World of Final Fantasy.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
- Notes: Octopus / Corny one-liners / "Gwee hee hee!" / Annoying / Too hideous to be true / Does that make him a bad octopus?
- A Series Regular
- Ultros first showed up as a kind of one-shot story character, and wasn't part of the main FINAL FANTASY lineup. However, he's been making a comeback in recent years—with full voice!
- Ultros's name comes from Orthros, a two-headed dog in Greek mythology. There's no explaining the mental leap from a dog to a weird purple octopus monster, but one thing's for certain: his name comes from Orthros, but it definitely isn't Orthros. (Guess the memo hasn't reached everyone yet. Sorry, so sorry!)
- Unanimously Hideous
- Terra's a purehearted girl who always looks for the best in everyone, but even she had to agree with prevailing opinion on Ultros: he really is too hideous to be true.
- Ink-credibly Resilient
- No matter how many times you beat this guy, he just keeps coming back for more. Wait! What if he's not coming back, but multiplying instead? No, no, no, that's...too frightening of a prospect to even consider.
- If Ultros hadn't shown up in Tometown and ruined everything, we might have gotten to see Celes and Cloud take the opera stage together. I'm sure some people hate Ultros all the more now for spoiling that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Story[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Base stats[edit | edit source]
Mirage Board spaces[edit | edit source]
|Active Ability||SP Required|
|Passive Ability||SP Required|
|Blank Space||SP Required|
|Mirage Board Mastery||54|