The Trust System (フェイス, Feisu?, lit. Faith) is a feature in Final Fantasy XIV first introduced in the third expansion Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. Based on the similar concept of Final Fantasy XI and the Adventurer Squadrons of the Grand Companies, this system allows the player to form a party with up to three non-player characters and take on certain duties.
The player gains access to the system by unlocking the level 71 dungeon, the Holminster Switch. To use the Trust System for previously cleared duties, the player needs to complete that duty once (either with the Trust System NPCs or with other players). Through the main scenario, the available characters depends of the dungeon, though always covering all necessary roles.
The system has some restrictions. The characters are always at the minimum required level to participate in the dungeon, so a Trust run will always be lower in stats than a Duty Finder run. The coffers have less rewards, and some enemies won't drop items.
Upon clearing the main scenario, the Crystal Exarch and Lyna are removed from Holminster Switch, and the remaining six characters can be used in all trust compatible dungeons. However, the system is "restarted", with all characters starting at level 71, and need to be brought back up to the minimum level requirement of the dungeon before using them. The characters' earned experience is fixed depending of the dungeon.
Reaching level 80 with one character unlocks an alternate appearance for that character. This is purely aesthetic, and does not affect on any way to the avatars' fight style.
When all characters are leveled to 80, the Scenario mode is unlocked, in which players can participate in the duties under the Main Scenario restrictions on available characters, allowing the player to select the Crystal Exarch and Lyna again for Holminster Switch. It also rewards the player with the achievement "Bound by Faith" and the title "Trusted Friend".
The dungeons compatible with the Trust System are:
- Holminster Switch Level 71. Trust experience earned: 6,250,000.
- Dohn Mheg Level 73. Trust experience earned: 7,975,000.
- Qitana Ravel Level 75. Trust experience earned: 9,900,000.
- Malikah's Well Level 77. Trust experience earned: 12,025,000.
- Mt. Gulg Level 79. Trust experience earned: 14,350,000.
- Amaurot Level 80.
- The Grand Cosmos Level 80.
- Anamnesis Anyder Level 80.
List of charactersEdit
|Alisaie Leveilleur||Red Mage||Holminster Switch, Dohn Mheg, Malikah's Well, Mt. Gulg, Amaurot, The Grand Cosmos, Anamnesis Anyder|
|Alphinaud Leveilleur||Academician||Holminster Switch, Dohn Mheg, Malikah's Well, Mt. Gulg, Amaurot, The Grand Cosmos, Anamnesis Anyder|
|The Crystal Exarch|| All-Rounder|
Can be a Paladin, White Mage or Black Mage depending on desired role
|Holminster Switch, The Grand Cosmos|
|Lyna||Guard Captain||Holminster Switch|
|Minfilia/Ryne||Oracle of Light||Dohn Mheg, Qitana Ravel, Malikah's Well, Mt. Gulg, Amaurot, Anamnesis Anyder|
|Thancred Waters||Gunbreaker||Dohn Mheg, Qitana Ravel, Malikah's Well, Mt. Gulg, Amaurot, Anamnesis Anyder|
|Urianger Augurelt||Astrologian||Dohn Mheg, Qitana Ravel, Malikah's Well, Mt. Gulg, Amaurot, Anamnesis Anyder|
|Y'shtola Rhul||Sorceress||Qitana Ravel, Malikah's Well, Mt. Gulg, Amaurot, The Grand Cosmos, Anamnesis Anyder|
- Ryne is the only character to fight with a basic class instead of a job. She will not use Limit Breaks if the player has selected a DPS job. Despite being a Rogue-like class, Ryne has access to the spell "Banish", likely through her use of the Echo.
- Thancred will not use Cartridge-based skills unless Ryne is also in the team, owing to his inability to charge cartridges on his own.
- Though Alphinaud plays as a Scholar, he is unable to summon faeries, summoning Moonstone Carbuncle instead. Alphinaud will prioritize Alisaie's safety if they are grouped up. If she is not in the party, Alphinaud will instead prioritize the player.
- Alisaie will immediately use Limit Breaks when possible.
- The Crystal Exarch will use abilities on the class he is using despite not being at the required level for them.
- Urianger will, on occasion, cast Death on enemies. This doesn't extend to bosses, and will always target the enemy with the lowest HP.
- Despite being a Dancer, Lyna does not use "Closed Position" to select a Dance Partner. This is likely because she is a soldier, and her efforts are more focused on offense.
- In the last boss fight of Dohn Mheg, each party member has different reactions to the tightrope walk:
- Thancred expresses mild annoyance ("This wouldn't fool a child.") before running part of the way and leaping across to the boss ("Good thing I'm light on my feet.").
- Urianger expresses mild amusement before teleporting across ("This shan't trouble us.").
- Ryne will nervously pause at the start ("W-We're supposed to cross this?") before tip-toeing through while pausing at certain points ("One step at a time...") and is unable to reach the boss's barrier in time.
- Alphinaud will slowly walk through before nervously ("I'm not afraid... I'm not afraid...") running the rest of the way at the halfway point and takes a sigh of relief when finishing, preventing him from reaching the boss's barrier in time.
- Alisaie will sprint the entire way (Oh, come now. We know this is an illusion.").
- Y'shtola will simply briskly walk through as if there were no illusion ("An asinine trick.").