Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Tree for the Void page!
Tree for the Void is a time-limited event where Exdeath from Final Fantasy V can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Cecil: So the Crystal Core of Darkness went out of control and Spiritus's warriors tried to take advantage of that power...
- Rinoa: It's all so confusing. How do we stop it?
- Bartz: I think even the gods are at a loss here, so I don't know what we can do...
(The airship begins to shake)
- Sazh: Hey, Vaan! What're you doing? The ship's gonna capsize at this rate!
- Vaan: The rudder's not working! Maybe the ship's broken?
- Rinoa: Whoa! Isn't this...bad?
- Bartz: Hold on tight, everyone!
- Cecil: ...It's no good! We can't hold on like this!
- All: WAAAAAAH!
- Rinoa: Owiee...! Is everyone okay?
- Bartz: I think so...
- Sazh: Damn... Look at this mess. I guess it's still too early to let Vaan drive.
- Vaan: I told you it wasn't me! It was the rudder!
- Cecil: ...Bartz.
- Bartz: Yeah?
- Cecil: Does this forest...look familiar to you?
- Bartz: Familiar? Any way you look at it, it's just your average—
- Bartz: No, wait a second...
- Bartz: This is the Great Forest of Moore!
- Exdeath: Mwa-haha! Precisely!
- Bartz: Exdeath!
- Exdeath: This is a space distorted by the Torsions.
- Exdeath: It was all too easy to trap you worthless fools here!
- Vaan: See! It wasn't my fault!
- Sazh: We get it. We're sorry. But could you save the celebration for later, Vaan?
- Rinoa: So why did you lure us in here?
- Exdeath: ...What a foolish question.
- Exdeath: Isn't it obvious? I will banish you peons together with this space!
- Cecil: Like you did with my brother!?
- Exdeath: Exactly! Wander forever in the Void!
- Bartz: And you really think we're just gonna sit back and let you do whatever you want!?
- Exdeath: It is time you felt the power of the Void once more.
- Exdeath: Consider it a reward for hindering my ingenious plan!
- Exdeath: Urg... The power of your wills is so great...
- Exdeath: ...Mwa-hahaha!
- Yuffie: What the!? How creepy! He just started laughing for no reason!
- Faris: Don't let your guard down, Yuffie! I'd wager he's got somethin' up his sleeve!
- Exdeath: My plan ended in failure, thanks to you. However...
- Exdeath: The power of wills and the Void may just be enough to see my ambition to fruition!
- Lenna: What are you saying...?
- Exdeath: Must I spell it out for you, fool? I am saying it may be worth my while to join your ranks.
- Exdeath: ...If you can escape from this place, that is.
- Exdeath: Mwa-hahahaha!
(Exdeath disappears and the forest begins shaking)
- Vincent: This space is no longer stable... We need to get out before we're imprisoned in here.
- Yuffie: Wha-wha-what!? Hold on! Where's the exit!?
- Vincent: Calm down, Yuffie. Can you do it, Mog?
- Mog: Leave it to me, kupo!
- Mog: Uh oh, kupo... Something is interfering with my power, so I can't get us out of here.
- Vincent: Interference...? This can't be a coincidence.
- Lenna: Oh no... Is this the end for us?
- Faris: There's no way we're kicking the bucket here! We'll just have to find an exit ourselves!
- Gilgamesh: Ha ha! Guess who it is, just in time to save the day!
- Lenna: Gilgamesh!?
- Gilgamesh: We'll get out of here, even if I pry open an exit myself! Come on! RAAAAAAH!
(Gilgamesh opens a Torsion for the party)
- Mog: This is crazy, kupo. It's ignoring all the laws and rules of the world!
- Gilgamesh: Rules were made to be broken!
- Yuffie: Whoa! You're so cool, Gilgamesh!
- Gilgamesh: Thank me later! For now, we need to make like lightning and bolt!
(The party escapes to safety)
- Bartz: Whew. That was a close call...
- Faris: We owe you one, Gilgamesh!
- Gilgamesh: Ha ha! Think nothing of it or my dramatically impeccable timing. The hero is always the last on the scene!
- Vincent: But just what was Exdeath's aim, I wonder.
- Yuffie: I wish he would at least have a reason for attacking us! ...Oh?
- Yuffie: Lookie, lookie, Vincent! A treasure chest!
(Yuffie runs off)
- Vincent: ...That is most definitely a trap.
- Faris: He's right. Treasure's got no right being here so conveniently!
- Vincent: Don't waste your breath on her.
- Yuffie: Huh!? This is...!
(The party catches up to Yuffie)
- Bartz: ...Dimensional coordinates.
- Faris: But who...? You know, forget I asked.
- Yuffie: No way! This treasure was a total bust!
- Vincent: I wonder how far he plans on following us.
- Lenna: But isn't it strange? He tried to banish us to the Void not long ago.
- Bartz: Perhaps either would've worked fine for that lunatic.
- Gilgamesh: I'll just pick this up then!
- Yuffie: Are you serious, Gilgamesh!?
- Gilgamesh: Aren't I always? Think about it carefully!
- Gilgamesh: Exdeath is a spooky phantom. You never know when he's going to appear!
- Gilgamesh: But if you have these coordinates, he won't be able to catch you unaware anymore.
- Faris: I suppose it does have some merit...
- Gilgamesh: But even I, the great Gilgamesh, won't be able to stop him alone.
- Gilgamesh: If we're all together, though, I'm sure it will work out. We can use this against him.
- Vincent: Balthier always says the same...
- Yuffie: Though I prefer the direct approach! It's a lot easier!
- Gilgamesh: Ha ha, how unexpected of a ninja! Well, it sounds like we're all in agreement, so I'll take a look into his movements.
- Gilgamesh: And don't forget: I'm your friend forever! You can always trust in me! Hasta la bye bye!
(Gilgamesh runs off)
- Yuffie: Is that guy a double agent...?
- Lenna: Let's put our faith in him for now...
- Bartz: Right... He did save us, after all.
- Vivi: Err...
- Eiko: Hey. What's the matter?
- Vivi: Well...my back is stinging...
- Eiko: That's all? Come on, Vivi. You've handled worse!
- Vivi: R-right...
- Irvine: So he's the incarnation of the evil souls sealed inside a tree? What a pain in the butt that Exdeath is...
- Krile: Back in our world, he had the power of the Void and tried to erase all existence with it.
- Krile: His goal must be the same here. He's not someone you can reason with...
- Irvine: So that's why he's looking for some great power in place of the Void?
- Tidus: Can't he just keep his crazy ideals to himself?
- Irvine: Agreed! Trying to erase everything is just nonsense.
- ???: You simple-minded fools. You could never understand the meaning of power.
- Vivi: H-huh!? That wasn't me!
- ???: Mwa-hahaha!
- Vivi: AHHH!
- Tidus: Exdeath!?
- Exdeath: I changed myself into a thorn and heard you talking.
- Eiko: So that's why Vivi's back was hurting!
- Krile: He did the same to me before. I totally let my guard down...
- Exdeath: It seems you fools understand nothing.
- Exdeath: So I will teach you. The Void is truly magnificent.
- Tidus: Nobody asked you!
- Exdeath: There are two sides to every coin—
- Exdeath: Bonds and loneliness. Hope and despair. Happiness and sorrow. Everything exists within that reason.
- Irvine: What are you trying to say?
- Exdeath: That life infers death. Things that exist will return to nothingness.
- Exdeath: In sum, existing in this world is meaningless.
- Exdeath: Which makes the Void the single greatest of all entities. And its divine providence will be known to all worlds!
- Eiko: Hold it! That's just plain crazy talk and it's making me mad!
- Vivi: Don't deny the meaning of life! Everyone's doing their best to go on living.
- Irvine: You said it, Vivi!
- Exdeath: Humans are such a pitiful existence...
- Exdeath: Understand this: your actions are meaningless. Someday you will all return to the Void.
- Exdeath: Mwa-hahahaha!
- Tidus: I guess we should have expected that much from an incarnation of evil souls.
- Krile: I told you so. It's pointless trying to reason with him...
- Eiko: And what are you so happy about?
- Vivi: My back doesn't hurt anymore!
- Eiko: Ah... Good for you, Vivi.
Tree for the Void Pt. 1Edit
Tree for the Void Pt. 2Edit
Tree for the Void Pt. 3Edit
Tree for the Void Pt. 4Edit
Tree for the Void Pt. 5Edit
Tree for the Void Co-opEdit
Tree for the Void EXEdit
Tree for the Void COSMOSEdit
Tree for the Void CHAOSEdit
- "In Search of Light" plays in all waves excluding boss waves.
- "The Final Battle (V)" in it's Dissidia Duodecim arrange plays in boss waves.