Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Tree for the Void page!
Tree for the Void is a time-limited event where Exdeath from Final Fantasy V can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Cecil: So the Crystal Core of Darkness went out of control and Spiritus's warriors tried to take advantage of that power...
- Rinoa: It's all so confusing. How do we stop it?
- Bartz: I think even the gods are at a loss here, so I don't know what we can do...
(The airship begins to shake)
- Sazh: Hey, Vaan! What're you doing? The ship's gonna capsize at this rate!
- Vaan: The rudder's not working! Maybe the ship's broken?
- Rinoa: Whoa! Isn't this...bad?
- Bartz: Hold on tight, everyone!
- Cecil: ...It's no good! We can't hold on like this!
- All: WAAAAAAH!
- Rinoa: Owiee...! Is everyone okay?
- Bartz: I think so...
- Sazh: Damn... Look at this mess. I guess it's still too early to let Vaan drive.
- Vaan: I told you it wasn't me! It was the rudder!
- Cecil: ...Bartz.
- Bartz: Yeah?
- Cecil: Does this forest...look familiar to you?
- Bartz: Familiar? Any way you look at it, it's just your average—
- Bartz: No, wait a second...
- Bartz: This is the Great Forest of Moore!
- Exdeath: Mwa-haha! Precisely!
- Bartz: Exdeath!
- Exdeath: This is a space distorted by the Torsions.
- Exdeath: It was all too easy to trap you worthless fools here!
- Vaan: See! It wasn't my fault!
- Sazh: We get it. We're sorry. But could you save the celebration for later, Vaan?
- Rinoa: So why did you lure us in here?
- Exdeath: ...What a foolish question.
- Exdeath: Isn't it obvious? I will banish you peons together with this space!
- Cecil: Like you did with my brother!?
- Exdeath: Exactly! Wander forever in the Void!
- Bartz: And you really think we're just gonna sit back and let you do whatever you want!?
- Exdeath: It is time you felt the power of the Void once more.
- Exdeath: Consider it a reward for hindering my ingenious plan!
- Exdeath: Urg... The power of your wills is so great...
- Exdeath: ...Mwa-hahaha!
- Yuffie: What the!? How creepy! He just started laughing for no reason!
- Faris: Don't let your guard down, Yuffie! I'd wager he's got somethin' up his sleeve!
- Exdeath: My plan ended in failure, thanks to you. However...
- Exdeath: The power of wills and the Void may just be enough to see my ambition to fruition!
- Lenna: What are you saying...?
- Exdeath: Must I spell it out for you, fool? I am saying it may be worth my while to join your ranks.
- Exdeath: ...If you can escape from this place, that is.
- Exdeath: Mwa-hahahaha!
(Exdeath disappears and the forest begins shaking)
- Vincent: This space is no longer stable... We need to get out before we're imprisoned in here.
- Yuffie: Wha-wha-what!? Hold on! Where's the exit!?
- Vincent: Calm down, Yuffie. Can you do it, Mog?
- Mog: Leave it to me, kupo!
- Mog: Uh oh, kupo... Something is interfering with my power, so I can't get us out of here.
- Vincent: Interference...? This can't be a coincidence.
- Lenna: Oh no... Is this the end for us?
- Faris: There's no way we're kicking the bucket here! We'll just have to find an exit ourselves!
- Gilgamesh: Ha ha! Guess who it is, just in time to save the day!
- Lenna: Gilgamesh!?
- Gilgamesh: We'll get out of here, even if I pry open an exit myself! Come on! RAAAAAAH!
(Gilgamesh opens a Torsion for the party)
- Mog: This is crazy, kupo. It's ignoring all the laws and rules of the world!
- Gilgamesh: Rules were made to be broken!
- Yuffie: Whoa! You're so cool, Gilgamesh!
- Gilgamesh: Thank me later! For now, we need to make like lightning and bolt!
(The party escapes to safety)
- Bartz: Whew. That was a close call...
- Faris: We owe you one, Gilgamesh!
- Gilgamesh: Ha ha! Think nothing of it or my dramatically impeccable timing. The hero is always the last on the scene!
- Vincent: But just what was Exdeath's aim, I wonder.
- Yuffie: I wish he would at least have a reason for attacking us! ...Oh?
- Yuffie: Lookie, lookie, Vincent! A treasure chest!
(Yuffie runs off)
- Vincent: ...That is most definitely a trap.
- Faris: He's right. Treasure's got no right being here so conveniently!
- Vincent: Don't waste your breath on her.
- Yuffie: Huh!? This is...!
(The party catches up to Yuffie)
- Bartz: ...Dimensional coordinates.
- Faris: But who...? You know, forget I asked.
- Yuffie: No way! This treasure was a total bust!
- Vincent: I wonder how far he plans on following us.
- Lenna: But isn't it strange? He tried to banish us to the Void not long ago.
- Bartz: Perhaps either would've worked fine for that lunatic.
- Gilgamesh: I'll just pick this up then!
- Yuffie: Are you serious, Gilgamesh!?
- Gilgamesh: Aren't I always? Think about it carefully!
- Gilgamesh: Exdeath is a spooky phantom. You never know when he's going to appear!
- Gilgamesh: But if you have these coordinates, he won't be able to catch you unaware anymore.
- Faris: I suppose it does have some merit...
- Gilgamesh: But even I, the great Gilgamesh, won't be able to stop him alone.
- Gilgamesh: If we're all together, though, I'm sure it will work out. We can use this against him.
- Vincent: Balthier always says the same...
- Yuffie: Though I prefer the direct approach! It's a lot easier!
- Gilgamesh: Ha ha, how unexpected of a ninja! Well, it sounds like we're all in agreement, so I'll take a look into his movements.
- Gilgamesh: And don't forget: I'm your friend forever! You can always trust in me! Hasta la bye bye!
(Gilgamesh runs off)
- Yuffie: Is that guy a double agent...?
- Lenna: Let's put our faith in him for now...
- Bartz: Right... He did save us, after all.
- Vivi: Err...
- Eiko: Hey. What's the matter?
- Vivi: Well...my back is stinging...
- Eiko: That's all? Come on, Vivi. You've handled worse!
- Vivi: R-right...
- Irvine: So he's the incarnation of the evil souls sealed inside a tree? What a pain in the butt that Exdeath is...
- Krile: Back in our world, he had the power of the Void and tried to erase all existence with it.
- Krile: His goal must be the same here. He's not someone you can reason with...
- Irvine: So that's why he's looking for some great power in place of the Void?
- Tidus: Can't he just keep his crazy ideals to himself?
- Irvine: Agreed! Trying to erase everything is just nonsense.
- ???: You simple-minded fools. You could never understand the meaning of power.
- Vivi: H-huh!? That wasn't me!
- ???: Mwa-hahaha!
- Vivi: AHHH!
- Tidus: Exdeath!?
- Exdeath: I changed myself into a thorn and heard you talking.
- Eiko: So that's why Vivi's back was hurting!
- Krile: He did the same to me before. I totally let my guard down...
- Exdeath: It seems you fools understand nothing.
- Exdeath: So I will teach you. The Void is truly magnificent.
- Tidus: Nobody asked you!
- Exdeath: There are two sides to every coin—
- Exdeath: Bonds and loneliness. Hope and despair. Happiness and sorrow. Everything exists within that reason.
- Irvine: What are you trying to say?
- Exdeath: That life infers death. Things that exist will return to nothingness.
- Exdeath: In sum, existing in this world is meaningless.
- Exdeath: Which makes the Void the single greatest of all entities. And its divine providence will be known to all worlds!
- Eiko: Hold it! That's just plain crazy talk and it's making me mad!
- Vivi: Don't deny the meaning of life! Everyone's doing their best to go on living.
- Irvine: You said it, Vivi!
- Exdeath: Humans are such a pitiful existence...
- Exdeath: Understand this: your actions are meaningless. Someday you will all return to the Void.
- Exdeath: Mwa-hahahaha!
- Tidus: I guess we should have expected that much from an incarnation of evil souls.
- Krile: I told you so. It's pointless trying to reason with him...
- Eiko: And what are you so happy about?
- Vivi: My back doesn't hurt anymore!
- Eiko: Ah... Good for you, Vivi.
Tree for the Void Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void Co-op[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void EX[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void COSMOS[edit | edit source]
Tree for the Void CHAOS[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
- "In Search of Light" plays in all waves excluding boss waves.
- "The Final Battle (V)" in it's Dissidia Duodecim arrange plays in boss waves.