Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Treasure Hunt (Final Fantasy XIV) page!
These coffers are rigged with a trap though: upon first attempting to open it, several monsters will appear, sometimes in waves, and must be defeated in order to claim its contents. While most of these maps and the coffers they lead to can be obtained solo, in some cases it's safer to bring another player, as the treasure will be forfeit if slain by the monsters. Maps introduced in expansions explicitly recommend a full party.
Some coffers may contain an "unhidden leather map," which leads to a second coffer containing more exotic loot (and exotic creatures). All treasure maps (excluding Mysterious Maps) can be sold to other players on Market Boards.
A player may obtain a timeworn map from a gathering node or fishing node, with a twenty-hour lockout after obtaining it. While nodes have a randomized grade of map that may appear, each fishing hole has a set map grade tied to it (and as of Version 3.0, the Snagging ability must be turned on to fish one up). These restrictions do not apply to maps purchased from the Market Board.
Types of treasure maps
- Timeworn Leather Maps: Recommended for Level 40 or higher players solo, and are the easiest to obtain. Conversely though, the treasure tends be fairly minimal value.
- Timeworn Goatskin Maps: Recommended for Level 45 or higher players solo. The rewards are proportionately better than leather maps.
- Timeworn Toadskin Maps: Recommended for Level 50 or higher players solo.
- Timeworn Boarskin Maps: Recommended for Level 50 or higher players solo, generally slightly harder than Toadskin maps. Unhidden Leather Maps may sometimes be found in these coffers.
- Unhidden Leather Maps: Recommended for Level 50 players solo, on par with Boarskin maps in difficulty. These coffers are one of the few sources for crystal clusters used in high-end crafting recipes.
- Timeworn Peisteskin Maps: Recommended for a full party of Level 50 or higher players, and contain tough creatures. Players at higher levels may be able to solo these.
- Mysterious Maps: These special maps can be collected once a Sphere Scroll is obtained for upgrading Relic Weapons from Animus to Novus stage. The coffers they lead to only contain the catalyst Alexandrite, which are essential for inscribing Materia into the Sphere Scroll. While most of these Mysterious Maps can be undertaken solo, the monsters they summon are considerably challenging, and may be safer to do them in a party.
Level 55-60 (Heavensward)
- Timeworn Archeoskin Maps: Recommended for Level 55 or higher players solo.
- Timeworn Wyvernskin Maps: Recommended for Level 60 players solo.
- Timeworn Dragonskin Maps: Recommended for a full party of Level 60 players. These contain the toughest creatures and have a chance to open a portal to the special instance Aquapolis.
Level 70 (Stormblood)
- Timeworn Gaganaskin Maps: Recommended for Level 70 or higher players solo.
- Timeworn Gazelleskin Maps: Recommended for a full party of Level 70 players. These contain tough creatures and have a chance to open a portal to the special instance Lost Canals of Uznair or Shifting Altars of Uznair.
- Timeworn Thief's Map: Recommended for a full party of Level 70 players. These can only be obtained as a random drop from Lost or Shifting Altars of Uznair instances, and have a chance to open a portal to the special instance Hidden Canals of Uznair.
- Seemingly Special Timeworn Map: Recommended for a full party of Level 70 players. These are exclusive from the Moogle Treasure Trove and are guaranteed to summon a teleportation portal to an Uznair instance.
Level 80 (Shadowbringers)
- Timeworn Gliderskin Map: Recommended for Level 80 or higher players solo.
- Timeworn Zonureskin Map: Recommended for a full party of Level 80 players. These contain the toughest creatures and have a chance to open a portal to the special instance Dungeons of Lyhe Ghiah.
Since Heavensward, certain maps have a chance to open a portal that takes the party into a special Duty in which players can obtain further treasures. Progressing deeper into the dungeons grants more valuable treasures, but requires players to defeat increasingly difficult enemies and bypass entirely luck based defense systems. Failure in either regard will eject all players from the duties, and there is no re-entry until a new portal is open with another map.
|The Aquapolis||60||Timeworn Dragonskin Map||3.3|
|The Lost Canals of Uznair||70||Timeworn Gazelleskin Map
Seeming Special Timeworn Map
|The Hidden Canals of Uznair||70||Timeworn Thief's Map||4.1|
|The Shifting Altars of Uznair||70||Timeworn Gazelleskin Map
Seeming Special Timeworn Map
|The Dungeons of Lyhe Ghiah||80||Timeworn Zonureskin Map||5.05|
|The Shifting Oubliettes of Lyhe Ghiah||80||Timeworn Zonureskin Map||5.4|