Boosts attack and magic. The duration increases as more battles are fought.
Advanced Battle Tactics, Adventuring School
Trance (トランス, Toransu?), also known as Morph, is Terra Branford's trademark ability. When Terra enters Trance, she transforms into an esper, unlocking her latent magical potential and increasing her power drastically. Aside from her Desperation Attack Riot Blade, Trance is sometimes depicted as Terra's Limit Break.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy VI
- 1.2 Final Fantasy Dimensions II
- 1.3 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
- 1.4 Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)
- 1.5 Pictlogica Final Fantasy
- 1.6 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.7 Final Fantasy All the Bravest
- 1.8 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.9 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.10 Final Fantasy Trading Card Game
- 2 Gallery
- 3 Etymology
- 4 Trivia
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Terra's Trance is enabled when she rejoins the party in Zozo. While Terra is transformed, the damage she deals is doubled and the magic damage she takes is halved. Her ATB gauge is replaced with a green gauge that slowly decreases, and when it empties she turns back into a human. The length of time Terra can stay in Trance depends on the amount of Magic AP she has gained after battle. If she has not gained enough, she cannot enter Trance, and if her Trance gauge depletes during battle she will not be able to enter Trance in the next battle until she acquires enough Magic AP again. The maximum amount she can have is 255. Terra can also change back into a human at will with the Revert command.
In the second battle with Humbaba, Terra enters Trance at the start of the battle and remains that way for the duration of the fight, and cannot use Revert. Following the battle, Trance's duration doubles. Terra also often enters Trance and transforms for story purposes, but this never has any effect on her abilities in battle aside from the Humbaba battle.
While wearing the Moogle Suit, the character displays a moogle sprite in battle. If Terra is equipped with it when she Trance during battle, the moogle sprite will be overwritten by esper Terra's sprite.
Trance is Terra's exclusive skill, learned at Level 40. During Battle Music Sequences, after the player the player chains 30 notes, Trance activates and triples the power of Terra's magic skills for the rest of the BMS.
Trance is an exclusive reactive ability that costs 18 CP to equip. It is activated just once in Battle Music Sequences (BMS) when the player make a chain of 30 hits. It triples effects of magic-type abilities for equipped character. It is learned by Terra (level 40).
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)[edit | edit source]
Trance is Terra's EX Mode. While in her EX Mode Terra gains the ability to Glide through the air by holding and gains the Chainspell ability, letting her use two magic attacks in succession. She also gains the normal EX Mode benefits of Regen and an increased critical hit rate.
Trance is Terra's EX Mode. The speed of Glide is increased, while Chainspell's effects remain the same.
Terra can appear in her Trance form.
Terra transforms into her esper form and unleashes her Riot Blade attack upon the enemy, she reverts back into her human form after the attack.
Some of Terra's Soul Breaks make use of her Trance ability. Her default break, Trance Attack, deals higher than normal physical damage to one enemy. If she equips the Enhancer as her weapon, she can learn to go into Trance and cast an empowered Fira spell on all enemies. If she equips the Minerva Bustier designated for Final Fantasy VI, she can learn to cast the Flood spell on all foes as well. Other Soul Breaks featuring her Trance mode include Scorching Flames and Omen. Additionally, Terra can equip her second Legend Materia to be able to enter and stay in Trance mode when she's brought to low health once per fight, granting her a stat boost and faster cast speed.
Trance Terra is a character and summonable vision whose Trust Master reward is the Soul of Thamasa accessory, which increases the wielder’s MP by 30% of its base and enables the Dualcast command.
Trance is the ability of Terra's TCG card. For the cost of two Ice CP and the discard of another Terra card, Trance grants Terra +3000 power and the Pre-Emptive Strike ability.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Trance denotes a variety of processes, ecstasy, techniques, modalities and states of mind, awareness and consciousness. In general, it simply means 'idle and motionlessly resting' or 'mesmerized'.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the second battle with Humbaba where Terra battles in her permanent esper form, if Terra is KO'd during the battle, the player will get to see the KO'd sprite of her esper form. This is the only instance the player can see this sprite, but there's a good chance that the player will likely not see it since the battle isn't that challenging. If Terra is KO'd after transforming in any other battle, she'll revert back to her original form when KO'd. The same applies when using the Trance glitch.
- The permanently transformed esper Terra is the only character without a proper Tent sprite when using a tent, she was given a special pose that can only be seen with the use of a cheating device. Characters such as Kefka, Leo, Biggs and Wedge have the proper tent sprite when using a tent.