Deluges enemies with a giant wave.Final Fantasy VI description
Tidal Wave (タイダルウェイブ or タイダルウエイブ or タイダルウェーブ, Taidaru Ueibu?) is a recurring ability in the series. It is often a trademark ability of Shinryu, but sometimes is the name for Leviathan's attack, and deals Water-elemental damage to the party, oftentimes being strong enough to defeat the party in one attack without protection.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy
- 1.2 Final Fantasy III
- 1.3 Final Fantasy IV
- 1.4 Final Fantasy V
- 1.5 Final Fantasy VI
- 1.6 Final Fantasy IX
- 1.7 Final Fantasy X
- 1.8 Final Fantasy XI
- 1.9 Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
- 1.10 Final Fantasy XIV
- 1.11 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
- 1.12 Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
- 1.13 Final Fantasy Dimensions
- 1.14 Final Fantasy Dimensions II
- 1.15 Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
- 1.16 Pictlogica Final Fantasy
- 1.17 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.18 Final Fantasy All the Bravest
- 1.19 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.20 Final Fantasy Explorers
- 1.21 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.22 World of Final Fantasy
- 1.23 Mobius Final Fantasy
- 1.24 Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
- 2 Gallery
- 3 Etymology
Tidal Wave is Leviathan's summon attack in the 3D versions, dealing heavy water-elemental damage to all enemies. The ability costs 75 MP to perform.
Tidal Wave is the summon ability of Leviathan, which deals major Water-elemental damage to all enemies with a power of 130 at the cost of 70 MP. The ability is only available in the GBA or later versions.
The following combinations result in Tidal Wave:
- Dragon Scale + Accuracy Sphere, Defense Sphere, Evasion Sphere, Friend Sphere, HP Sphere, Lv. 2 Key Sphere, Lv. 3 Key Sphere, Lv. 4 Key Sphere, Magic Def Sphere, Magic Sphere, Master Sphere, MP Sphere, Return Sphere, Agility Sphere, Strength Sphere, Teleport Sphere, Warp Sphere
- Fish Scale + Accuracy Sphere, Amulet, Defense Sphere, Door to Tomorrow, Evasion Sphere, Friend Sphere, Gambler's Spirit, HP Sphere, Lv. 3 Key Sphere, Lv. 4 Key Sphere, Magic Def Sphere, Magic Sphere, Master Sphere, MP Sphere, Pendulum, Return Sphere, Agility Sphere, Strength Sphere, Teleport Sphere, Underdog's Secret, Warp Sphere, Wings to Discovery, Winning Formula
- Water Gem + Accuracy Sphere, Blk Magic Sphere, Defense Sphere, Evasion Sphere, Friend Sphere, HP Sphere, Lv. 1 Key Sphere, Lv. 2 Key Sphere, Lv. 3 Key Sphere, Lv. 4 Key Sphere, Magic Def Sphere, Magic Sphere, Master Sphere, MP Sphere, Return Sphere, Skill Sphere, Special Sphere, Agility Sphere, Strength Sphere, Teleport Sphere, Warp Sphere, Wht Magic Sphere
The following combinations result in Tidal Wave:
- Water Gem + Potion, Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Mega-Potion, Ether, Turbo Ether, Elixir, Phoenix Down, Mega Phoenix, Antidote, Soft, Eye Drops, Echo Screen, Remedy, Budget Grenade, Grenade, S-Bomb, M-Bomb, L-Bomb, Bomb Fragment, Bomb Core, Antarctic Wind, Arctic Wind, Fish Scale, Dragon Scale, Fire Gem, Ice Gem, Water Gem, Shadow Gem, Shining Gem, Chocobo Feather, Lunar Curtain, Light Curtain, Star Curtain, Healing Spring, Mana Spring, Stamina Spring, Soul Spring, Dispel Tonic, Stamina Tablet, Mana Tablet, Twin Stars, Three Stars, Hero Drink, Gysahl Greens, Sylkis Greens, Mimett Greens, Pahsana Greens
Tsunami is Famfrit's special ability. It deals heavy water-elemental damage to all foes extending in a straight line from Famfrit.
Tidal Wave is Leviathan's special attack. It deals massive water damage to all enemies in front of Leviathan when used.
Your flesh shall feed my minions of the deep!Leviathan
Tidal wave is the signature attack used by the primal Leviathan. To safeguard against the destructive nature of the attack, the Elemental Converter aboard the Whorleater must have a sufficient strength rating of to create a powerful enough shield. This attack also breaks the railings in the Extreme version of the primal trial.
Shinryu uses Tidal Wave against the Warrior of Light's party in the Royal Menagerie as an attack caused by its Corrupted Aether gauge reaching 100. In addition to dealing damage, it also has high knockback and can potentially shove players off the platform to their deaths. The attack leaves behind puddles of water that give the Fire Resistance Up buff and Lightning Resistance Down II debuff to players standing in them. These puddles are removed from the field once Shinryu casts either Hellfire or Judgment Bolt.
Tidal Wave is an ability used by Wyrm.
Tidal Wave is used by Leviathan in both of its boss battles, which inflicts moderate water-elemental damage.
Tidal Wave is and enemy and summon ability used by Leviathan. It costs 56 MP and deals Water elemental damage to all targets.
Tidal Wave is an enemy ability used by Shinryu.
Tidal Wave is an active, water-elemental magic ability inflicts magical water damage to all targets for 5 AP. It can be used by Leviathan and Leviathan★.
It is also an enemy ability used by Leviathan.