Thunderstorm (サンダーストーム, Sandā Sutōmu?), also known as Thunder Storm and Thunder, is a recurring attack in the Final Fantasy series. It is usually an attack usable by various summons and often does Lightning-elemental damage, or Ice-elemental damage, but sometimes does Wind-elemental damage as well.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy III
- 1.2 Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- 1.3 Final Fantasy V
- 1.4 Final Fantasy VII Remake
- 1.5 Final Fantasy VIII
- 1.6 Final Fantasy XI
- 1.7 Final Fantasy XII
- 1.8 Final Fantasy XIII-2
- 1.9 Final Fantasy XIV
- 1.10 Final Fantasy Dimensions II
- 1.11 Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
- 1.12 Pictlogica Final Fantasy
- 1.13 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.14 Final Fantasy Artniks
- 1.15 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.16 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.17 World of Final Fantasy
- 1.18 Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
- 2 Non-Final Fantasy appearances
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Etymology
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
The final boss uses Thunderstorm after perform Lightning Infusion, summoning several strikes of thunder across the arena.
Thunder Storm is the attack of Quezacotl. It does Lightning-elemental damage to all enemies. Quezacotl's summon time is 13.3s, which, according to the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania, allows the player to boost its damage to around 180% of normal damage using a regular PlayStation controller.
Its damage is calculated as follows:
Elemental Defense starts at 800 (0%), 900 nullifies damage and 1000 absorbs it. If an enemy is shown to be weak against an element, its Elemental Defense is below 800. If damage becomes negative (due to high Elemental Defense), the target is healed by that amount.
Final Fantasy XI spellThunderstorm
|Effect||Deals massive Lightning magic damage.|
|Recast Time||1 min|
|Magic Type||Blood Pact: Rage|
|Jobs||Ramuh 75 (Merit Points)|
Thunderstorm is a Merit Blood Pact: Rage for Ramuh, available to Summoners levels 75 and above who have purchased the ability using Merit Points. It deals massive Lightning damage to a single target, and its damage is increased by Ramuh's current TP. Placing additional merits in Thunderstorm grants a 40 TP bonus when to its power when used.
Thunderstorm is used by the Summonstone Syldra. It cancels the opponent's ongoing summon effects.
Thunderstorm is an enemy ability used by Syldra★.
Non-Final Fantasy appearances
Kingdom Hearts series
thunderstorm is a form of turbulent weather characterized by the presence of lightning and its acoustic effect on the Earth's atmosphere known as thunder. Thunderstorms occur in association with a type of cloud known as a cumulonimbus.A
Thunder is the sound caused by lightning. Depending on the distance and nature of the lightning, thunder can range from a sharp, loud crack to a long, low rumble (brontide).
- In the 2000 film version of Charlie's Angels, the two boys are playing Final Fantasy VIII and are controlling Squall and Quistis in a battle in the Training Center. They are fighting against two Grats, Squall is seen preparing to summon Quezacotl against the two Grats. The Thunder Storm name appears at the top of the screen before changing view point, the Thunder Storm attack is not shown.