Thunder Bomb is a common enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought at night in Duscae and in Fociaugh Hollow, and during the Thunder in Them Thar Hills hunt. They can appear at night in the Vesperpool area. They can also be summoned by galvanades.
- Embodiment of lightning that strikes suddenly and without warning across the Duscaen countryside. Possesses electrical resistance as well as the ability to initiate auto-destruct at will.
- Size: 3.08 ft. Weight: 487.8 lb.
- Band of thunder bomb variants amassed in the Malacchi Hills now sparking conflict around the Disc of Cauthess. The specimens demonstrate uncommon fortitude.
- Size: 3.11 ft. Weight: 500.0 lb.
- Thunder bomb risen from the debris of a galvanade explosion. Its shrapnel origins harden it to combat, letting it pack more punch than its conventional brethren.
- Size: 3.18 ft. Weight: 506.6 lb.
|Thunder in Them Thar Hills||Wiz Chocobo Post||3||Thunder Bomb x5||The Malacchi Hills (Nighttime)||21||3,330 gil, Megalixir||★★|
Level 21 Enemy
Level 38 Enemy
They continue to grow unless attacked, until they explode, dealing damage to nearby targets. They use Lightning-elemental magic attacks capable of inflicting Shocked status. The ones summoned by a Galvanade die when the Galvanade is defeated. They are weak to one-handed swords and daggers.
As bomb-type enemies' attacks are magical, the player can equip for elevated Spirit stat to take less damage, although elemental resistance mitigates their damage even more. Unlike regular Bombs and Ice Bombs, Thunder Bombs don't have a major elemental weakness, although as daemons they are vulnerable to Light. The player should aim to kill them quickly, before they explode; daggers are good because they are weak to them and daggers attack fast. As they tend to attack in groups, area-of-effect Techniques and Elemancy can be good against them.
Thunder is the sound caused by lightning. Depending on the distance and nature of the lightning, thunder can range from a sharp, loud crack to a long, low rumble (brontide).
bomb is an explosive weapon that uses the exothermic reaction of an explosive material to provide an extremely sudden and violent release of energy.A
- Bomber: Thunder Bomb fishing lure is fashioned after this enemy.
- The official guide erroneously lists bomb-type enemies as dropping elemental protection accessories rather than car paint pigment materials.