Thextera is a mutant wolf with unusual coloration, along with what appear to be fins. It usually appears with a pack of Wolves and proves a dire threat if taken lightly at low levels. Thextera is also fought in the Zodiac versions' Trial Mode at Stage 2 along with an Alpha Wolf and an Alpha Hyena.
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 02: Wolf in the Waste[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Gatsly
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre/East End (The Sandsea)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of Thextera (Rank I). The petitioner is Gatsly at the Sandsea tavern in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. Gatsly explains that a delivery he is expecting will be coming via the Dalmasca Westersand. He fears Thextera may attack the caravan, Thextera is to be found on the Galtea Downs in the Dalmasca Westersand.
- Thextera defeated! Report to Gatsly at the Sandsea tavern in Rabanastre.
- Hunt reported. Gatsly heard the news with great relief and went home happy. He urges you to visit him at his shop.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- What Changes can sudden Mutation work on something as Common and otherwise Unremarkable as a Wolf! It is thought that a Diet of Creatures rich in Mist caused these Mutations, though little is known for certain. Recent Attacks on mercantile Caravans inspired a concerned Merchant to post a Bill for this Mark.
Stats[edit | edit source]
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Saber||Use once after using Cry for Help|
|Lunge||HP >50% (25%)|
HP <50% (50%)
|Cry for Help||From HP <50% use every 30 seconds|
|Fangs||HP <20%: use once|
|HP Devour||Gain from using Saber|
Battle[edit | edit source]
Good equipment to have is Mage Mashers and Tourmaline Rings. The player should keep HP above 100 and get rid of all the wolves in the area before engaging Thextera. A good stock of Potions and Antidotes helps.
Thextera's Cry for Help can be disabled by inflicting it with Silence from the Mage Masher. After losing enough health Thextera uses Saber, which doubles its Attack power, though taking up some of its HP. If the player has got the License for a character's Mist ability, they can chain Quickenings; three should be enough to kill it.
Thextera can be beaten as soon as Penelo joins the party. It is best to equip Vaan and Penelo with the best equipment available from shops, although Thextera can also be killed instantly with an Aero Mote, regardless of level or equipment.