Oh, shut up and help me remodel the The Yuke Cometh page!
The Yuke Cometh is a time-limited event where Amidatelion from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
- 1 Quests
- 2 Musical themes
- 3 Etymology
- 4 Notes
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- ???: ...I see. So this world is plagued by strife.
- Materia: One of the pillars supporting this world, the crystal core of light, has already been shattered.
- ???: A shattered crystal... So this world is in peril.
- Materia: Indeed it is. The crystal's fragments become brilliance, which scatter across the world.
- Materia: But if gathered, the crystal core of light can be revived.
- ???: Like the resurrection. I see. Please continue.
- ???: ...Is something the matter?
- Materia: ...Will you truly listen to my story?
- ???: I find it quite fascinating, to be honest. Why do you ask?
- Materia: There are few here like you. Most warriors are first and foremost concerned with how to get home.
- ???: Understandably so. I am merely interested in what this world is like.
- ???: It is also the first time I have met a god. Perhaps you could say I am...enchanted by the situation.
- Materia: I see. What I have told you is the essence of what has happened here.
- ???: I understand the situation, and even the reason you have summoned warriors here.
- Materia: Truly? Then will you lend them your strength?
- ???: I regret to say that that is a different matter.
- Materia: ...How so?
- ???: There is something I must discern for myself. Before that, I cannot promise anything.
- Materia: And what might that be? You can ask me anything.
- ???: It is not something you can tell me. I must ask Layle himself.
- ???: What happened since then, if the world was saved or not... Until I know for sure, my heart cannot be at peace.
- Materia: I see. Then allow me to help.
(A Torsion opens up behind Amidatelion)
- Materia: I have opened the path to Layle. Please take it.
- ???: I feel like I have seen this before...
- ???: But I cannot travel with this. Layle must pull me from the other side...
- ???: ...Oh?
- Onion Knight: Layle! Quick! Over here!
- Onion Knight: A Torsion opened up and all these monsters came pouring out!
- Onion Knight: Everyone's doing their best to stop them. We have to help!
- Layle: You can leave that one to me...
- Layle: But it seems like you and I won't be enough to take them all.
- Garnet: This looks bad... There are still so many of them.
- Cecil: Could it be a coincidence this many appeared near our base? Or is this someone's scheme?
- Layle: But there's no mastermind in sight. So it might be a coincidence after all!
- Layle: Torsions are the result of dimensional warping... So this might just be what happens if Torsions open up one after another.
- Warrior of Light: Then we must rout the enemy. Perhaps we can put an end to this if we can stabilize the area.
- Garnet: Alright. But...!
- Cecil: This doesn't look good. I don't think we can take down this many.
- Layle: And another Torsion just opened up. Who could it be this time—
(Amidatelion arrives from the Torsion)
- Layle: Goldenrod!?
- Layle: (No, it can't be... Is it someone with the same armor?)
- ???: ...Well, here we are again.
- ???: Have I come at a good time?
- Layle: It really is you. Perfect timing, Amidatelion.
- Amidatelion: I am glad we could meet. There is something I must ask you.
- Layle: That's my line. But first, we've got to take care of this!
- Amidatelion: Very well. Allow me to take this side then!
(The party finishes the battle)
- Amidatelion: It is good to see you, Layle.
- Layle: ...Yeah. I never thought we'd meet again. This world really is something else.
- Layle: But you seem the same as ever, powers and attitude included.
- Warrior of Light: Thank you for your help.
- Garnet: So you're a summoner, too. I was surprised you defeated those monsters so quickly.
- Amidatelion: I had something to ask Layle. Their interference was unwelcome.
- Layle: Something to ask me? ...So some of your memories are missing.
- Amidatelion: Do not worry. I remember everything.
- Layle: And yet you're still in such high spirits... You're incredible.
- Amidatelion: More importantly, Layle, answer me this: does your presence in this world mean the resurrection was not completed?
- Layle: ...You can rest easy. It was.
- Amidatelion: I see...
- Amidatelion: So my family...the Yukes...were revived. At last, my people were vindicated.
- Amidatelion: Thank you, Layle. You have repaid your debt to me.
- Layle: It's no big deal. I still owe you...
- Amidatelion: No, you do not. Even if it were only to hear those words from your mouth, coming here was worth it.
- Amidatelion: By the way, why have you stayed in this place?
- Layle: Uh... Well...
- Cecil: We were summoned here to save this world.
- Amidatelion: Ah, yes, because this world is in peril. I have heard as much from Materia.
- Layle: That makes things easier. In sum, we can't leave until we save this place.
- Layle: Would you help us get home?
- Amidatelion: When you ask me like that, I suppose I cannot deny you. But Layle...
- Amidatelion: You owe me one. Again.
- Edge: Well, if it isn't the newcomer!
- Amidatelion: Are you referring to me?
- Zidane: We haven't met anyone like you before, so we were asking Keiss about you.
- Keiss: In our world, Amidatelion is also a rarity—the lone survivor of the Yuke tribe.
- Keiss: I'm a Selkie and Layle is a Clavat, so you're better off asking Amidatelion directly if you're curious.
- Noel: Thanks, Keiss. That explains almost nothing.
- Edge: Which is why we want to hear it from you.
- Amidatelion: Certainly. It all started during our war with the Lilty tribe.
- Amidatelion: The reason we Yukes vanished was because our Tribal Crystal was shattered during the war.
- Amidatelion: Without it, we fell into the void between existence and oblivion...and were erased from the world.
- Edge: Erased!?
- Zidane: So even though your tribe lives on in that void, you're no longer part of the world?
- Keiss: Layle said he met other Yukes, so they weren't annihilated.
- Edge: But living in hiding against your will...
- Edge: That must be miserable.
- Keiss: We Selkies were the same. We needed to reclaim our tribe's dignity.
- Amidatelion: Yes. It is a mission that must be accomplished, even if one must do so alone.
- Ashe: Reviving your race all on your own? Your will is truly remarkable.
- Noel: Isn't it...difficult sometimes?
- Amidatelion: No. I am a crystal bearer, like Layle.
- Amidatelion: It was a mission given to me by the crystal. It is only natural I obey the Crystal Principle.
- Zidane: I'm starting to see the way your mind works.
- Keiss: As a result, we were made to help. But everything worked out in the end.
- Amidatelion: It seems that way, yes.
- Edge: What do you mean? You make it sound like you weren't there.
- Amidatelion: I was not. I had to entrust my mission to Layle...
- Amidatelion: I wish I could have witnessed it with my own eyes.
- Ashe: Was this not your ardent desire? I would think it best you see for yourself.
- Amidatelion: Well, by that time, I had already—
- Edge: Even if you return, you have no future...
- Edge: I wonder what will happen to people like you after this world is gone...
- Edge: But since you're still alive here, you need to fight for your home world.
- Ashe: Is the future of your world one worth protecting?
- Keiss: ...It is.
- Amidatelion: ...Indeed. It is as you say.
- Amidatelion: Let us save this world...for the future of my people.
The Yuke Cometh Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh Co-op[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh EX[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh COSMOS[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh COSMOS Co-op[edit | edit source]
The Yuke Cometh CHAOS[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
With the title of this event written in Early Modern English, "cometh" is the first- and third-person singular present tense of "to come". This was likely chosen with respect to the source material.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the first character event to feature a fifth boosted character, who is the most recent character to have a BT weapon offered in draws. This is also the first character event to introduce an LD weapon for the featured character and include a co-op event at COSMOS difficulty.
- In the Japanese version, Amidatelion's event was rerun in April 2020 as compensation for content delayed due to COVID-19.