Oh, shut up and help me remodel the The Town That Never Sleeps page!
|Trophy: Never the Bride|
|Complete "The Town That Never Sleeps".|
Aerith guides Cloud through the outskirts of Sector 6, and abandoned, dangerous, rocky area lit dimly by the moonlight.
The Town That Never Sleeps is the ninth chapter in Final Fantasy VII Remake. The chapter comprises events when Cloud Strife and Aerith Gainsborough travel through Sector 6 to reach the Sector 7 Slums.
The dresses worn by Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa Lockhart depend on dress mechanics, determined by choices made in the sidequest "Alone at Last" from Chapter 3, "Home Sweet Slum", as well as how many sidequests were completed in Chapter 8, "Budding Bodyguard".
Story[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Main Scenario[edit | edit source]
- Tour Guide
- Take the Shortcut
- Beyond the Ladder
- Working Together
- Beyond the Dead End
- Dangers in the Debris
- Working Together Again
- Saying Goodbye
- Chasing Tifa
- To Corneo's Mansion
- The Trio
- Andrea Rhodea
- Madam M
- Madam M's Desire
- Underground Colosseum
- Parting Ways
- Rescue Tifa
- Aerith's Plan
- The Audition
- Showdown with Corneo
The first few quests from "Take the Shortcut" to "Saying Goodbye" take place in the Collapsed Expressway, with a party of Cloud and Aerith. These are largely combat quests, and involve a robot arm minigame in which Cloud must move a robot arm to move Aerith to a position and drop a ladder so Cloud can progress. Aerith can also be positioned to grab rare materia.
Following this, the remaining quests take place in Wall Market. These are primarily non-combat quests as Cloud and Aerith look for a way to enter Don Corneo's mansion. However, combat quests take place in the Corneo Colosseum, as the two battle several enemies including the Hell House. The final quests take place in Corneo's mansion, with little combat involved, although Tifa joins the party briefly for a few battles.
Sidequests[edit | edit source]
There are two possible questlines for Odd Jobs, one involving Chocobo Sam ("The Party Never Stops" and "A Dynamite Body") and one involving Madam M ("The Price of Thievery" and "Shears' Counterattack"). "Burning Thighs" appears in both. To complete all sidequests for "The Town That Never Sleeps", one must revisit the chapter in Chapter Selection to get the other questline.
The choices made during the chapter determine which questline the player gets. The following choices increase the chance of getting Sam's questline ("The Party Never Stops" and "A Dynamite Body"):
- Describing Tifa as "She's in great shape" (during "Chasing Tifa").
- Completing "Vagabond Johnny" and selecting "Yeah" when speaking to him.
- Saying "No, thanks" to the inn keeper when offering a room to Cloud and Aerith.
- Selecting either "Heads" or "Tails" when offered a coin toss (during "Sam").
- Selecting the Poor Man's Course at Madam M's parlor (during "Madam M's Desire").
- Selecting "It's alright" when Aerith asks about her outfit (during "Madam M's Desire").
- Selecting "I'll taste it" when interacting with the bottle on the table in the room with Johnny at the Colosseum.
The following choices increase the chance of getting Madam M's questline ("The Price of Thievery" and "Shears' Counterattack"):
- Describing Tifa as "She's great at handling the books" (during "Chasing Tifa").
- Ignoring "Vagabond Johnny".
- Saying "How much?" to the inn keeper when offering a room to Cloud and Aerith.
- Selecting "No deal" when offered a coin toss (during "Sam").
- Selecting the Luxury Course or the Standard Course at Madam M's parlor (during "Madam M's Desire").
- Selecting "It matter what I think?" when Aerith asks about her outfit (during "Madam M's Desire").
Discovery[edit | edit source]
A single Discovery quest involves following and talking to Johnny, though it can be ignored.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Of the dialogue choices made during the chapter, the majority of players (57%) reported telling Chocobo Sam "She's in great shape." about Tifa, followed by "She's a great figher." (34%) and "She's great at handling the books." (9%). In response to the barker at the inn, most players asked "How much?" (47%), while over half rejected the offer ("...No, thanks" at 37%, and "Back off." at 16%). For Sam's coin toss, players were split, with a larger number of players reported answering "Heads." (39%), followed by "No deal." (35%) and "Tails." (26%). When Aerith asked about her outfit, players were split, with most answering "It's alright." (41%), followed by "Looks comfortable." (37%), and "It matter what I think?" (22%).
The overwhelming majority of players (75%) chose Madam M's Luxury Course, while just 15% chose the Standard Course and 10% chose the Poor Man's Course. Despite this, the majority of players reported seeing Cloud's second dress (60%) which is rewarded for completing Chocobo Sam's questline, where only 35% saw Cloud's third dress for Madam M's questline.
References[edit | edit source]
- Square Enix (August 14, 2020). Results of the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Post-Play Survey. Final Fantasy Portal Site. Archived from the original on August 14, 2020.