The Rising typically runs concurrent with the Moonfire Faire event, and its accompanied by side stories posted in the Lodestone website. Just like the other annual events, the three city-states of Eorzea and the residential districts (Shirogane included) are decorated for the event. The players usually can get minions based on relevant Final Fantasy XIV Main Scenario characters.
In the event, the people of Eorzea pay tribute to the people who lost their lives at the Seventh Umbral Calamity. Relevant characters through the event's editions are the Wandering Minstrel and Naoki Yoshida itself.
The 2018 edition introduced the seasonal instance of The Calamity Retold, though it has only appeared that year.
Editions and rewards[edit | edit source]
2014[edit | edit source]
The heavens are ablaze with fireworks as Eorzea celebrates the Moonfire Faire. With the townsfolk captivated by majestic colors sweeping across the skies, Adventurers' Guild chaperones set off a special set of fireworks to mark another momentous occasion: the Rising. In memory of those lost to the Calamity, and with hopes for a better tomorrow, the night sky alights with flowers of flame─a beauty to behold the realm over. Furthermore, rumor has it that this dazzling display has inspired a song of remembrance from a certain individual.
- Time: 27 August, 2014 - 8 September, 2014
- Minions: Wind-up Minfilia, Wind-up Thancred
- Emote: Huzzah
- Items: Realm Reborn Red, Magicked Prism (Meteor Survivor)
- Achievement: "A Bloom with a View"
- Official 2014 website
2015[edit | edit source]
The people of Eorzea gather to pray, to reflect on the Calamity of years past. But a new threat arises to disturb the reverence. What brave soul will step forward to restore peace for the coming celebration?
The Rising, a celebration of remembrance, has returned to Eorzea. As her people gather to reflect on the Calamity, a terrible insect infestation threatens to spoil the event. Speak with Nonora in Ul'dah, Steps of Nald, and see what can be done to remedy this dire dilemma.
- Time: 27 August, 2015 - 7 September, 2015
- Minions: Wind-up Iceheart, Wind-up Yugiri
- Items: Heavenscracker
- Achievement: "A Room with a You"
- Official 2015 website
2016[edit | edit source]
The Crystal Caravan Takes Center Stage!
The Crystal Caravan has come to Ul'dah, and plans to put on the performance of a lifetime. To ensure the actors can truly bring their roles to life, however, the troupe leader seeks those who can tell them more of the great heroes who will be portrayed on stage. Adventurers with a love for the theater and the arts are encouraged to seek them out.
- Time: 27 August, 2016 - 12 September, 2016
- Minions: Wind-up Krile, Dress-up Y'shtola
- Furnishing: Rising Pillar, Rising Banner
- Orchestrion Rolls: Heavensward
- Items: Meteor Shower
- Achievement: "Third Rise's a Charm"
- Official 2016 website
2017[edit | edit source]
A Missing Minstrel and Perilous Pest Problem
A missing friend has left Nonora too preoccupied with worry to partake in Eorzea's celebration of remembrance. Those who would aid in her search for her lost companion are encouraged to seek her out at the Ruby Road Exchange.
- Time: 26 August, 2017 - 14 September, 2017
- Minions: Wind-up Lyse, Wind-up Gosetsu
- Furnishing: Rising Balloon
- Orchestrion Rolls: Stormblood, Answers - Reprise
- Items: Magicked Prism (Flowers)
- Achievement: "Fourth Time's Also a Charm"
- Official 2017 website
2018[edit | edit source]
The Calamity Returns to Ul'dah
Dural Tharal, renowned reporter for the Mythril Eye, seeks the assistance of able adventurers in penning what promises to be a splendid story. Those who would answer the call will find the Lalafell at the Ruby Road Exchange.
- Time: 26 August, 2018 - 17 September, 2018
- Gear: Manderville Earrings, White Ravens
- Minions: Wind-up Cirina
- Orchestrion Rolls: Revolutions
- Achievement: "Give Me Five"
- Title: Calamatologist (M/F)
- Official 2018 website
2019[edit | edit source]
To Eorzea, With Love
P'obyano seeks the aid of an adventurer regarding a matter of grave import.
- Time: 26 August, 2019 - 17 September, 2019
- Minions: Brave New Y'shtola
- Furnishing: Liberation, The Legend Returns, Rise of a New Sun, Under the Moonlight, Prelude in Violet, Requiem for Heroes
- Achievement: "At Sixes and Sevens"
- Official 2019 website
2020[edit | edit source]
Memories of yesteryear brought to life...
The Rising festival is known for bringing a splash of color to Ul'dah, and this year's celebration is especially vibrant. J'bhen Tia's exhibition of stained glass evokes memories of a pivotal moment in history, but he will need the assistance of a willing volunteer to ensure the event proceeds without a hitch.
- Time: 27 August, 2020 - 14 September, 2020
- Minions: Wind-up Ardbert
- Furnishing: The Sultana's Seven
- Achievement: "Magnificent Seven"
- Official 2020 website
Songs[edit | edit source]
Neath azure skies a soul burned bright, stars soon gathered 'fore its might♪ By their radiance truths lay bare, a nation freed from deep despair♪
As the heavens take a crimson hue, friends now gather, old and new♪ By their deeds doth freedom ring, once more their hearts have cause to sing♪
O hero of rebirth traversing,♪ Soar you the azure skies.♪ Upon your breast a crimson crest,♪ Shine Light down from on high.♪
O hero of rebirth transcending,♪ Weave you an azure lie.♪ By your deeds doth crimson bleed,♪ And Darkness quench the fire.♪
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is one of the two seasonal events to be introduced after the A Realm Reborn's relaunch, the other being the Make It Rain Campaign. All other annual events were already in the game since 1.0.