Oh, shut up and help me remodel the The Power of Ignorance page!
The Power of Ignorance is a time-limited event where Jack from Final Fantasy Type-0 can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
- 1 Quests
- 1.1 Story Cutscenes
- 1.2 The Power of Ignorance Pt. 1
- 1.3 The Power of Ignorance Pt. 2
- 1.4 The Power of Ignorance Pt. 3
- 1.5 The Power of Ignorance Pt. 4
- 1.6 The Power of Ignorance Pt. 5
- 1.7 The Power of Ignorance Co-op
- 1.8 The Power of Ignorance EX
- 1.9 The Power of Ignorance COSMOS
- 1.10 The Power of Ignorance CHAOS
- 2 Musical themes
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- ???: ...Can't a guy catch a break around here?
- ???: Where is "here" anyway? I wonder if that god was the real deal...
- ???: "Lend your comrades your aid." Riiight. "You cannot return to your home world." Uh-huh!
- ???: What's the big deal summoning someone if they can't get home? Well, I accepted the terms...so I guess this's my fault.
- ???: That Materia didn't have much life in her, so it's not like I could say no anyway.
- ???: Haha... She really played me for a fool, didn't she?
- ???: Monsters everywhere and not a Class Zero cadet in sight... Just what is this place?
- ???: I guess there's no point standing around and complaining. I better get looking for a clue, or at least find out what's real or not here.
- Ignis: What happened to these monsters?
(The party comes across the Zus killed by Jack)
- Laguna: Looks like someone beat us to 'em. Guess that means there's someone else here.
- Ignis: One of our comrades, perhaps?
- Ignis: No...I've heard nothing of the sort. Which means it must be an enemy...or a new ally.
- Ace: If it's one of our enemies, then maybe it's Kefka. He likes destruction. Or Garland, who's always looking for a fight...
- Ace: But I doubt either of those two would be satisfied fighting ordinary monsters.
- Cyan: I agree with thou, Sir Ace. Furthermore...
- Cyan: These are katana wounds. Neither of those two could have caused these.
- Ignis: Katana wounds? Then perhaps Sephiroth or...
- Ace: I guess we had better check with Cloud and the others first.
- Cyan: Indeed. Those lines may be suspicious...
- Cyan: But I do not think that this creature was struck down for fun, as Kefka would do.
- Cyan: Garland is the same. And I do not think Sephiroth would go around slaying monsters...
- Laguna: Come on, Cyan... Let's not get too gloomy here.
- Laguna: It might just be a new friend fighting some monsters up ahead.
- Ignis: If it were an ally, our comrades may have some hint as to who wields a katana. However...
- Ace: It doesn't change what's happening around us. There's a high chance we'll run into them eventually.
- Ace: Sephiroth's done some terrible things before. So we had best be prepared.
- Cyan: Indeed. If it is a new comrade, we must find them...
- Cyan: But if it is our enemy, we cannot let our guard down. No ordinary man could cause such a wound...
- Ignis: Of course. Let us proceed with caution.
- Laguna: If someone like Sephiroth shows up, we can just say "that's enough!" and send them off.
- Ace: If only they were so reasonable...
- Cloud: This isn't Sephiroth's doing.
- Cloud: He wouldn't be so roundabout.
- Cloud: Someone who tried to steal the god's throne would come at us more directly.
- Cyan: So it is as I suspected...
- Cyan: But this monster was taken down in a single stroke.
- Cyan: Hm? I hear something...
- King: It sounds like a battle...
- King: That way!
- ???: Whew. Well, that does it for this area.
- ???: I'm all for a workout, but I've been doing nothing but fight since I got here. This is getting old fast!
- ???: Come on... Where is everyone?
- King: Hold it!
- ???: Hm? Who could that be?
- ???: Oho! So you finally show your faces! I guess that goddess was telling the truth after all!
(Ace and King find Jack)
- King: ......
- Ace: I see...
- King: ......
- ???: Oh? So it's like that, is it?
- King: I'm going to stop its movements for just a second!
- ???: Yes, sir!
(Behind Jack is a Behemoth; King, Jack, and Ace's attacks defeat it as Cloud and Cyan arrive)
- ???: Whoa! That thing was huge, yo!
- Cyan: A magnificent display of teamwork. And judging by his clothing...
- Ace: Yeah. One more from Class Zero.
- Jack: I'm Jack! Nice to meet you.
- Cyan: Sir Jack. We saw what thou can do with a blade while on our way here.
- Cyan: Thou wield thy katana without hesitation. It appears thou hast considerable training.
- Jack: Nahhh. I'm not that good!
- Cyan: In contrast to thy sharp swordsmanship, however, thou seem to be quite the relaxed youth.
- Cloud: So you're the type who changes with a weapon in hand.
- Ace: No. He's the same on the battlefield.
- Cyan: So his true heart makes his blade strike true...?
- King: Don't read so deeply into it. This is just the way he is.
- King: But his skill with a katana is solid. There's nothing for you guys to worry about.
- Jack: Psssh. Praised by King? This really is a different world!
- Jack: Well, I guess I better get used to it since I'm part of the team now, yo!
- Seven: Haha! We thought it might be an enemy, but it was just you, Jack.
- Jack: Awww, and there I was just trying to stay alive!
- Noel: I'm glad you're one of Ace's friends. If you were an enemy—
- Paine: We would end you.
- Jack: Whaaat? So I was in danger? Ahaha...
- Jack: Well, it all turned out alright in the end. No harm, no foul!
- Locke: Well, you defeated the enemies so that we didn't have to.
- Locke: Like some kind of unknown hero.
- Jack: A hero? Psssh!
- Jack: Being the cool leader type is good, but being a nameless hero who rescues people from the shadows ain't so bad either!
- Seven: Rescuing people from the shadows? I don't think you're that subtle, Jack.
- Jack: But that's what I looked like, right?
- Paine: I guess to the others, maybe... But not me.
- Jack: If I had known, I would have come out more gallantly! I could've played the cool hero!
- Seven: Keep that up and you won't have a chance at looking "cool," Jack.
- Paine: Only those with skill can pull that act off.
- Noel: Well, it's not impossible. If you keep it up, some day you could be that guy.
- Jack: Really? Then I'll give it my best shot, yo.
- Jack: ......
- Locke: What's the matter, Jack?
- Jack: I thought the "cool" types were strong and silent. I was just giving it a try!
- Seven: I told you, Jack. You're a far cry from being the "cool" type—in a good way.
- Jack: Praised by Seven, too!? I think I'm blushing!
- Noel: Jack's a good guy, no doubt about it.
- Paine: Certainly a lot nicer than most guys I know.
- Jack: Everyone's so nice here!
- Locke: Well, would you like to meet one of those "cool" hero types?
- Locke: His name is Squall.
- Locke: He's always frowning, but he's a good guy. I can introduce you!
- Jack: Really? I'd love to make some new friends!
- Jack: I'll be a cool hero someday! I'm sure this Squall guy is full of good advice!
- Seven: Squall's not going to like this...
The Power of Ignorance Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance Co-op[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance EX[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance COSMOS[edit | edit source]
The Power of Ignorance CHAOS[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
- "War: Warrior Worth a Thousand" plays during all waves excluding boss waves.
- "Wings of Fire" plays during boss waves.
- "Untainted Eyes" plays during the first cutscene.
- "A Day Like Any Other" plays during the second and third cutscenes.