Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
It is recommended that you clear Ch. 5: Palace of Malitia before playing.
- Vivi: What an eerie castle.
- Zidane: Careful, Vivi. It's probably haunted.
- Cloud: Who cares? We fight monsters every day.
- Warrior of Light: A departed spirit could still prove to be a threat.
- Zidane: Right? So as I was saying, we need to—
- Zidane: Ghost!
(Ramza runs at the party)
- ???: Stop right there, bandits, or die in obscurity!
- Cloud: Bandits? Zidane, you do something to this guy?
- Zidane: No way! ...I think. I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't...
- Vivi: Are you...a ghost?
- Warrior of Light: No, he's human.
- ???: A swordsman, a knight, and a black mage... They must have banded together and turned this abandoned castle into their headquarters.
- Ramza: I am Ramza Beoulve. I cannot allow those who bring chaos to threaten the lives of the people!
- Cloud: He thinks we're bandits. What do you want to do?
- Zidane: Guess we'll just have to knock some sense into him.
- Warrior of Light: Prepare for battle!
- Ramza: It's not...over yet!
- Hope: Excuse me, but are you okay? You know, we don't want to fight—
- Ramza: Vile bandits—using children to do their dirty work.
- Penelo: Ramza, can we talk?
- Mog: Is everybody okay, kupo!?
- Ramza: A moogle!? It can't be! The last of their race should have expired long ago!
- Mog: Maybe in your world, kupo.
- Ramza: In my world? What do you mean by that?
- Ramza: I remember now. I was sucked into some sort of giant portal.
- Ramza: At the time, I thought it an illusion cast by a hostile mage.
- Ramza: But it appears that it was a gate to another world—a land far different from Ivalice.
- Vaan: ...Ivalice?
- Zidane: We're actually on a journey to close those Torsions in order to protect this world and our own.
- Ramza: I apologize for accusing you of being bandits.
- Vaan: You're from Ivalice, too? Never seen anyone dressed like that before. What country are you from?
- Ramza: Ivalice is the name of a kingdom. ...I don't understand your meaning.
- Mog: It looks like your worlds have some things in common, but are in different dimensions and eras, kupo.
- Vaan: Huh, didn't know that was a thing.
- Ramza: So you're trying to save this world to protect your own, correct?
- Ramza: May I join you? I'm certain I could be of service.
- Mog: You also harbor the light, kupo! So of course, we'd love to have you!
- Ramza: Thank you. I really appreciate it.
- Ramza: I swear by my sword to fight only for what is just.
Our Own Cross to Bear:
- Ramza: The concepts of borders and social status don't exist in this world? ...So that's why there's no war.
- Rem: Your world is at war, as well?
- Ramza: Yes—a fruitless battle where countless innocent people suffer and die because of the warped views of a few.
- Ramza: Rem am I right to assume that your world too is...?
- Rem: Yes, Orience has long been at war...
- Rem: So somewhere along the line, I stopped thinking about it. It looks like you're really working on making a difference though.
- Ramza: I'm trying.
- Laguna: Whoa, pretty heavy stuff to talk about for a bunch of kidlets.
- Ramza: Laguna, you handle firearms. Am I correct to assume you spent time on the field of battle?
- Laguna: That was a looong time ago. I quit the army and now I'm a journalist—ahem—a soon-to-be journalist!
- Laguna: Maybe I'll write about my time here when I get home. Doubt anyone'd believe me though.
- Ramza: Interesting... The way you have chosen to live your life has given me hope.
- Ramza: Everyone in my world is prisoner to their birth or status, but I've always felt that was ridiculous.
- Terra: It's never too late to start over in life. A certain someone once showed me that.
- Terra: What's important is not your past, but your future.
- Vivi: Yeah... I feel the same way.
- Vivi: I used to worry over and over about why I was born and what was going to happen to me when I expire.
- Vivi: But as time went by, talking to my friends, I realized that worrying about it was pointless.
- Rem: We can't choose why we were born, but we can choose what to live for.
- Ramza: Thank you, my new friends. You have given me the inspiration I needed.
- Ramza: It is neither one's birth nor status that matters. What's important is how you live your life.
- Mog: The light within Ramza is growing brighter by the second, kupo!
Spoilers end here.
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
The Hero of Ivalice Co-op[edit | edit source]
This section is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.