It is recommended that you clear Ch. 5: Palace of Malitia before playing.
- Vivi: What an eerie castle.
- Zidane: Careful, Vivi. It's probably haunted.
- Cloud: Who cares? We fight monsters every day.
- Warrior of Light: A departed spirit could still prove to be a threat.
- Zidane: Right? So as I was saying, we need to—
- Zidane: Ghost!
(Ramza runs at the party)
- ???: Stop right there, bandits, or die in obscurity!
- Cloud: Bandits? Zidane, you do something to this guy?
- Zidane: No way! ...I think. I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't...
- Vivi: Are you...a ghost?
- Warrior of Light: No, he's human.
- ???: A swordsman, a knight, and a black mage... They must have banded together and turned this abandoned castle into their headquarters.
- Ramza: I am Ramza Beoulve. I cannot allow those who bring chaos to threaten the lives of the people!
- Cloud: He thinks we're bandits. What do you want to do?
- Zidane: Guess we'll just have to knock some sense into him.
- Warrior of Light: Prepare for battle!
- Ramza: It's not...over yet!
- Hope: Excuse me, but are you okay? You know, we don't want to fight—
- Ramza: Vile bandits—using children to do their dirty work.
- Penelo: Ramza, can we talk?
- Mog: Is everybody okay, kupo!?
- Ramza: A moogle!? It can't be! The last of their race should have expired long ago!
- Mog: Maybe in your world, kupo.
- Ramza: In my world? What do you mean by that?
- Ramza: I remember now. I was sucked into some sort of giant portal.
- Ramza: At the time, I thought it an illusion cast by a hostile mage.
- Ramza: But it appears that it was a gate to another world—a land far different from Ivalice.
- Vaan: ...Ivalice?
- Zidane: We're actually on a journey to close those Torsions in order to protect this world and our own.
- Ramza: I apologize for accusing you of being bandits.
- Vaan: You're from Ivalice, too? Never seen anyone dressed like that before. What country are you from?
- Ramza: Ivalice is the name of a kingdom. ...I don't understand your meaning.
- Mog: It looks like your worlds have some things in common, but are in different dimensions and eras, kupo.
- Vaan: Huh, didn't know that was a thing.
- Ramza: So you're trying to save this world to protect your own, correct?
- Ramza: May I join you? I'm certain I could be of service.
- Mog: You also harbor the light, kupo! So of course, we'd love to have you!
- Ramza: Thank you. I really appreciate it.
- Ramza: I swear by my sword to fight only for what is just.
Our Own Cross to Bear:
- Ramza: The concepts of borders and social status don't exist in this world? ...So that's why there's no war.
- Rem: Your world is at war, as well?
- Ramza: Yes—a fruitless battle where countless innocent people suffer and die because of the warped views of a few.
- Ramza: Rem am I right to assume that your world too is...?
- Rem: Yes, Orience has long been at war...
- Rem: So somewhere along the line, I stopped thinking about it. It looks like you're really working on making a difference though.
- Ramza: I'm trying.
- Laguna: Whoa, pretty heavy stuff to talk about for a bunch of kidlets.
- Ramza: Laguna, you handle firearms. Am I correct to assume you spent time on the field of battle?
- Laguna: That was a looong time ago. I quit the army and now I'm a journalist—ahem—a soon-to-be journalist!
- Laguna: Maybe I'll write about my time here when I get home. Doubt anyone'd believe me though.
- Ramza: Interesting... The way you have chosen to live your life has given me hope.
- Ramza: Everyone in my world is prisoner to their birth or status, but I've always felt that was ridiculous.
- Terra: It's never too late to start over in life. A certain someone once showed me that.
- Terra: What's important is not your past, but your future.
- Vivi: Yeah... I feel the same way.
- Vivi: I used to worry over and over about why I was born and what was going to happen to me when I expire.
- Vivi: But as time went by, talking to my friends, I realized that worrying about it was pointless.
- Rem: We can't choose why we were born, but we can choose what to live for.
- Ramza: Thank you, my new friends. You have given me the inspiration I needed.
- Ramza: It is neither one's birth nor status that matters. What's important is how you live your life.
- Mog: The light within Ramza is growing brighter by the second, kupo!
Spoilers end here.
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 1Edit
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 2Edit
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 3Edit
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 4Edit
The Hero of Ivalice Pt. 5Edit
The Hero of Ivalice Co-opEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.