Forest of the Lost:
- Mog: Kupo?
- Y'shtola: Aye, how peculiar.
- Sazh: Something the matter? I thought we were almost out of here.
- Y'shtola: We would be if this were a normal forest.
- Tifa: Wait, are you saying it's not?
- Mog: It's almost like we're trapped inside, kupo.
- Hope: We're trapped? You mean we can't leave!?
- Y'shtola: Rather, we are not allowed to leave.
- Sazh: I'm not followin' you.
- Tifa: You mean someone intentionally trapped us in here?
- Y'shtola: Or perhaps "something." Escaping may prove to be quite arduous.
- ???: Help!
- Mog: Someone's in trouble, kupo!
- Hope: That voice! Is that—!?
(Hope runs off)
- Sazh: Hope! *Sigh* Can't take your eyes off him for a second.
- Tifa: C'mon, we have to go after him!
Damsel in Distress:
- Warrior of Light: It appears that was the last of them.
- ???: Thank you.
- ???: I mean, you're not one of the bad guys...right?
- Warrior of Light: We bear no animosity toward those who wish us no harm.
- Warrior of Light: Are you hurt?
- ???: I'm fine. That was a close one! By the way...who are you guys?
- Hope: It looks like there aren't any more monsters here. Vanille, are you okay?
- Sazh: Man, kids these days think they'e invincible. Glad you're okay though.
- Vanille: Hope! Sazh!
- Mog: You're friends? Introduce us, kupo!
- Hope: She's a friend from back home.
- Vanille: I'm Vanille. Nice to meet you.
- Vanille: So...where are we?
- Mog: Come on, I'll explain on the way, kupo!
- Vanille: Wait... Do you mean I can come with you?
- Warrior of Light: It is far too dangerous for you to travel alone. You may accompany us until we reach a safe—
- Mog: You also bear the light, kupo! You should come with us!
- Vanille: The light? Hold on. Is that a moogle?
- Sazh: What can I say? You've missed out on a lot. But for now, we could really use your help.
- Vanille: Really? Count me in.
- Mog: You can trust me, kupo!
- Vanille: A friend of Sazh and Hope's is a friend of mine.
- Y'shtola: What a peculiar girl.
- Sazh: For real? What's so weird about trusting others?
- Y'shtola: I do not think it a bad thing.
- Y'shtola: In any event, the force preventing us from leaving the forest has weakened.
- Vanille: We're leaving already? But there are still areas I haven't checked out yet.
- Vanille: This forest is huge! Who knows what wonderful treasures await us? Besides, I feel like something's calling me!
- Sazh: And if we get lost? Then what? Listen, we need to regroup and— Aw, forget it. You've already made up your mind.
- Vanille: I knew you'd understand, Sazh. All right then, let the treasure hunt begin!
No One Knows:
- Vanille: Hey, so... Is someone going to tell me where we are yet?
- Cecil: We still owe you an explanation, don't we?
- Mog: Oh yeah, kupo! Allow me to explain.
- Mog: This is an illusionary world created by the gods, but it's being corrupted by the Torsions.
- Mog: That's why I'm on a journey to make friends with those who are blessed with the light to save it.
- Cecil: Those Torsions threaten to erode each of our worlds as well.
- Mog: Exactly! Which is why this is such an important journey for us all, kupo!
- Vanille: I get that something has to be done...
- Vanille: But why would such powerful gods need our help to fix things?
- Yuna: Now that you mention it... If our worlds really are in trouble, why would we need to come here to save them?
- Mog: Because the gods aren't all-powerful and in control of everything, kupo.
- Mog: Besides, it's not like they created this world to be destroyed. They made it for a reason.
- Mog: That's why we desperately need your help to save it, kupo.
- Vanille: Hm... Alright then.
- Mog: Does it make sense now, kupo?
- Vanille: Nope! But at least I'm certain it doesn't make sense now.
- Mog: Kupo...
- Yuna: For now, I guess all we can do is focus on what's in front of us. We have to seal the Torsions.
- Vivi: Yeah, we don't have any other choice if we want to protect our homes.
- Vanille: Huh... So that's what this is all about.
- Mog: Yep! So there's no time to waste, kupo!
- Vanille: ...Okay, ready to go then?
(Everyone leaves, except Vanille)
- Vivi: Let's be careful we don't get lost.
- Cecil: Mog, lead the way, if you could.
- Yuna: We're counting on you.
- Mog: Kupo!? R-right this way.
- Vanille: Things don't always go as planned...even for gods, huh?
- Vanille: I know the feeling.
- Vanille: ...I really hope there's some way I can help save this world.
A Bustling Place:
- Yda: Hrm. This forest truly is confounding.
- Vanille: But you sound like you might know where we are!
- Yda: Well, I could bring us back to whence we started. I've trekked through a wood or two in my day.
- Yuffie: What a relief. I'd hate to get stuck here forever.
- Rem: Are you okay? You can wait outside the forest if you're worried about getting lost.
- Yuffie: And let you hog all the treasure? Not a chance.
- Vanille: Treasure?
- Yuffie: The treasure you told us about! You said it was callin' you.
- Vanille: Oh yeah... I guess I did say something like that.
- Yuffie: Must be something amazing for you to feel it calling you from so far away.
- Rem: I just hope it's nothing dangerous.
- Vanille: Well, uh... Let's hope for the best!
- Yuffie: C'mon, have some faith! You're the one who brought it up, after all.
- Vanille: Well, it's true I feel like something's calling me.
- Yda: Perhaps that something is why we couldn't leave the forest earlier.
- Vanille: I guess we'll soon find out.
- Yda: That we will! Whatever it is, I just hope it's not alive!
- Rem: You two are starting to scare me.
- Yuffie: Yeah, maybe I will go back and wait.
- Vanille: Come on, we've come this far. Let's see this through together.
- Yuffie: Y-you're just trying to trick me into taking point, aren't you!
(Everyone leaves, while Y'shtola joins Edge in observing)
- Y'shtola: Everyone has become rather comfortable around each other, haven't they?
- Edge: You won't hear me complain.
- Y'shtola: Why don't you join them?
- Edge: Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and enjoy the view.
- Edge: Gotta let the ladies have their fun, you know?
- Y'shtola: ...Aren't we the noble one?
The Blessings of the Forest:
- Rem: This pendant's drawing in mana. Maybe this was what trapped us in the forest?
- Vivi: It's kind of creepy. I don't like it.
- Rem: Yeah, we should probably leave it alone.
- Vanille: What are you two whispering about? Hey, check it out!
(Vanille picks up the pendant)
- Vanille: So? How does it look?
- Vivi: What are you doing!?
- Vanille: What do you mean?
- Rem: Huh? What happened to the dark aura?
- Vivi: It's gone... But why?
- Vanille: "Dark aura"? What are you talking about? It's just a cute pendant. See?
- Mog: They say some items in this world choose their owner. It looks like that one has taken a liking to you, kupo.
- Sazh: Or maybe you scared off the "dark aura" with your rainbows-and-sunshine attitude.
- Vanille: Sazh, maybe it's your turn to wear this pendant. Let's see how the dark aura likes you!
- Sazh: Okay, okay! You win. You know magic and I don't get along.
- Y'shtola: Not a terribly adventurous spirit, I see.
- Sazh: You can't afford to take any chances at my age.
- Vanille: You take chances all the time though. Especially when it involves your family.
- Sazh: Guess we're not that different then, huh?
- Vanille: Yeah... I wonder how everyone's doing back home.
- Rem: Well, you were reunited with Sazh and Hope in this world.
- Rem: Who knows? Maybe it won't be long before you see your family again, too.
- Y'shtola: Aye, now is not the time for sorrow.
- Vanille: Was it that obvious? You're right. I shouldn't worry.
- Vivi: Besides, you have us now. We're here for you.
- Vanille: Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Spoilers end here.
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 1Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 2Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 3Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 4Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 5Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 6Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 7Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 8Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 9Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 10Edit
The Girl from Oerba Pt. 11Edit
- "Archylte Steppe" - Taken directly from the eponymous location in Final Fantasy XIII. It serves as the main field theme for The Girl from Oerba.
- "Blinded by Light -arrange- from Final Fantasy XIII" - A rearrangement of the main battle theme in Final Fantasy XIII, taken directly from Dissidia 012. It is the theme for regular battles.
- "Saber's Edge -arrange- from Final Fantasy XIII" - A rearrangement of the Boss Battle theme in Final Fantasy XIII, taken directly from Dissidia 012. It is the theme for boss battles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.