By Emet-Selch's own words, you are no one─nothing─your life a ghastly mockery of past perfection, utterly devoid of meaning. Yet despite his endless refutations of your worth, mankind has dreamed and struggled and survived. Even now, you fight to preserve your future, and spare two worlds from unimaginable destruction. The moment has come to make your stand, to call upon every last reserve of strength. Fight for those who shared your journey, and for those you met along the way. Fight for those who awaited your coming across the boundaries of time and space. From distant stars yet undimmed, you are joined by seven summoned champions, for only together can you hope to prevail against the staggering might of this ancient Ascian─the immortal and implacable Hades!
NormalEditWith titles cast aside and everything on the line the warrior of light and his companions face off against Hades.
Hades has the following abilities in the first phase:
- Ravenous Assault - tank buster.
- Bad Faith - purple arrows will form on both sides of the boss, players must be on the opposite side of where the arrows are pointing.
- Double - next ability will hit twice.
- Dark Eruption - will mark players with pink AoE markers and at the same Time AoEs will appear under them.
- Broken Faith - orange circles will appear on the platform and discs will fall from the sky, on impact they will explode and give a stack of vulnerability.
- Shadowspread - two sets of AoEs coming out of the boss.
Once the boss is at 10% he will go invulnerable and begin filling his fervent of the ancients gauge, at this point in time players will have to deal with five waves of adds. Once the adds are dead he will cast Ancient Dark IV that deals raid wide damage.
In phase 2 Hades will now be massive on one end of the platform and any party wipe will restart in this phase.
- Titanomachy - Deals raid wide damage.
- Shadowstream - A ball will appear in front of hades and a large AoE will shoot down the center of the platform, only the sides are safe.
- Echo of the Lost - One arm will appear on one side of the platform and in a few seconds it will swipe across it. Players need to be behind the arm to avoid.
- Polydegmon’s Predation - Slams platform with both arms, center is safe.
- Hellborn Yawp - Two tanks will be marked and will have to run to the edges of the arena to create a safe zone in the middle.
- Captivity - Targets two players with an AoE that stuns them and puts them in an Aetheral Gaol, other players must break them free before Chorus of the Lost is cast.
- Dual Strike - Targets both tanks.
- Doom - Players will be affected with doom debuff, one player needs to stand in each white circle to dispel.
- Wall of the Lost - Knocks back players from the center of the arena.
- Nether Blast - 6 players (except tanks) will be marked with AoE tethers.
- Life in Captivity - An active time maneuver where players break free from their chains.
- The Dark Devours - Begins to cover platform in darkness and deals heavy raid wide damage, once the platform is engulfed everyone will get a bleed debuff and the boss will hard enrage with Black Cauldron.
- Shadow of the Ancients
- Aetherial Gaol
The main theme that plays during the first phase is called "Who Brings Shadow", which is an edited version of "Shadowbringers". During the second phase of the fight, the track "Invincible" will play.