Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Terra (World of Final Fantasy) page!
Terra is a minor character in World of Final Fantasy. She is a Grymoirian incarnation of Terra Branford originating from Final Fantasy VI. Terra is one of the four character representatives of that game, the other three being Edgar, Maduin and Celes.
- CV: Natalie Lander / Yukari Fukui
- Age in Grymoire: 18
- Esper Protector: Maduin
- Notes: Magitek armor / Slave crown / Maduin / More powerful than she can begin to know
- Terra grew up on the same continent as Celes, although they were not acquainted. She was another victim of Segwarides' many experiments.
- She may seem quiet and frail, but her courage and strength of will are superhuman. Terra fought hard to break free of Segwarides' slave crown and warn Reynn and Lann of the Heralds' plans. (She failed to get her message across, but considering the state she was in, that's understandable.)
- Not a Summoner
- This may be a bit confusing, but Terra is not a summoner, even in Grymoire. While it may have appeared that her role in Segwarides' grand plan was the same as the captured summoners—Yuna, Eiko, and Rydia—she actually functioned as more of a catalyst to the other three in his sinister ritual.
- Terra's Birthright
- Terra was the fruit of an unlikely love between a Mirage (an esper) and a human. Her heritage enables her to interact with espers in a fundamentally different way from summoners, granting her the ability to call upon and control them—even against their will.
- Terra's unique talents caught the eye of Segwarides. Even knowing she was a Medium, he decided to take the risk, enslave her, and use her powers. However, Segwarides underestimated Terra's strength and the tenacity of her esper guardian, Maduin, and soon discovered she was a difficult pawn to put into play. In the end, his clumsy efforts caused her to lose control completely—and there, his scheme should have fallen apart.
- It was Lann and Reynn who defeated Terra, her armor, and Maduin in one fell swoop. Segwarides could barely contain his glee as he scooped up Terra's unconscious body and linked her to the Ultima Gate. Once again, the twins had unwittingly furthered his plot.
- Terra has yet to learn of her origins or her potential. For now, she spends her time with Yuna and the other summoners, hoping to one day become a summoner herself.
- Cogna Vs. Machine
- The main difference between the Cogna already in Grymoire (those beneath Figaro, or Terra's Magitek armor) and the ones Brandelis summoned through the Ultima Gate is the nature of their souls.
- The Cogna can be divided into two main categories: sentient Cogna that possess wills and souls of their own, and empty Cogna that do not. Sentient Cogna seek to propagate and destroy worlds. The empty ones, however, cannot reacquire a soul or propagate, and are therefore unlikely to pose a threat to the world.
- Terra's Magitek armor falls into the latter category, although it is largely a customized model created by Segwarides.
- In case you were wondering, when Lann and Reynn capture Cogna in eldboxes, the eldbox copies merely the physical form, and not the Cogna's soul.
- The Magitek Armor and Maduin
- The black Magitek armor that Terra controls is unique—an artificial Cogna Segwarides created just for her. Terra never suspected this; in fact, she had assumed the amor was a Mirage she herself had conjured up.
- However, the Magitek armor was designed to bind her powers and disrupt her link to Maduin. Only after being separated from her armor was she able to reconnect with him.
- Therefore, when Maduin came to Terra's rescue earlier on the steps of the Crystal Tower, it wasn't because she remembered him and called for help; it was because she and the armor had both gone berserk. This allowed her to subconsciously reestablish a link to Maduin, even though it meant he, too, lost control of his faculties and ran wild.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY VI
The player can take on an Intervention Quest that centers around Terra.
Terra also appears in the following Intervention Quests.
As a Champion, Terra can be summoned to assist Lann and Reynn in battle. Upon acquiring Terra's Champion Medal, the player can summon her to attack one enemy with the ability Magitek Laser. The party is also bestowed with Magic ↑.
"Prismelody: The Decisive Battle" plays when using Terra's Champion Medal. The player may select this theme as the background music for battles from the Config section of the main menu, labeled as "Champion Theme: Terra". This theme also plays in battles in Maxima version when Reynn is equipped with Terra's Champion Jewel.
The following is a list of quotes uttered by Terra when talking to her in Figaro Castle.
- Back when he still had power over me, Segwarides forced me to control all sorts of different Magitek machines.
And now, for all I know, my actions are directly related to the machines that have started attacking people.
I'm not foolish enough to believe that I can make up for what I have done. But all the same, I know that I have to try. I will fight the Cogna and any Mirages that threaten our world.
- Is something wrong?
- Now that the world is in such danger...
- Don't worry about me. I can always turn to Yuna, Rydia, and Eiko.
Be careful, both of you. You need to control your powers. Never let them run wild.
- There are things I must do. I'm the only one who can!
Tina is the shortened form of various names that end with -tina, including Christina (English for "Follower of Christ"), Martina (Latin for "Servant of Mars" and "God of War"), Valentina (Latin for "Strength" and "Health"), etc. Tina has no meaning of its own as a standalone name.
Terra" is the Latin word for "Earth". It is also present in some Latin-derived languages such as Italian and Portuguese."