Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
What exactly makes this a glitch? VII was not made for PS2, and PS games are not guaranteed to work properly on it. This is more like a hardware incompatibility than a glitch. It would be better if we make a list of hardware caused problems, like this is. --Sove 12:45, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, that works. Though how many other hardware problems have we documented? C A T U S E 14:35, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Cat, PAL VIII disc doesn't work at all for me on PS3. And PAL Origins II doesn't work for me on PS3. But then again, PAL VIII disc doesn't work for me on PS1, and PAL FFX-2 doesn't work for me on PS2, so I'm not the best source of what works and what does not.
Is this glitch real? I want a video.
"Wutai Save glitch" or "Wutai Sidequest Save glitch". "A Glitch in Wutai" does not follow our naming conventions for glitches. 188.8.131.52 09:38, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
- FFII Origins works fine on a PS2 but not on PS3. FFVIII works fine on a PS2 but not on a classic PS1. FFX-2 works fine on a 60GB(IIRC, the backwards-compatible one) PS3 but but on a slimline PS2.
- It can't only be the discs... (the PS1 VIII problem is likely a conjunction of Disk2 and my PS1).
- But VIII not working on my PS3 has nothing to do with the discs. There are four discs. They don't all have imperfections that stop it working on my PS3 but not on my PS2. 184.108.40.206 09:49, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm fine wid dat 220.127.116.11 17:00, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Yuffie never stole (any of) my Materia, yet the sidequest unfolded perfectly (this was on the PS1). How's that for a glitch. And someone mentioned the slim PS2? All my PAL (Origins, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII) work just fine on my slimmy.15:06, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
Does anyone actually have any evidence of this glitch? Edit
JBed asked a while back on this page for proof that this glitch is real, and I'm going to echo that request. Really, this is the only place I have heard of this glitch and I'm having my doubts about it.
- and any save files that are far enough in the story will always be ruined while using that same Memory Card.
- I did a quick google search with 'ff7 save ruined' and after reading for awhile I came to the conclusion that this 'glitch' is most likely the hardware error that ruins saves on memory cards. It usually occurs when cheating, closing the system in middle of saving, opening the system in middle of saving, removing memory card while saving, but it can also happen without any apparent reason.18.104.22.168 14:11, June 23, 2013 (UTC)