Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
It's possible. History is full of trios of gods. If we really wanted we could make a list of parallels between the Warring Triad and actual mythology. The Japanese siblings are the most important deities in Shintoism however, so I felt they deserved special mention. Drake Clawfang 18:13, October 12, 2009 (UTC)
It may be possible that the Warring Triad are based off divine comedy characters as well. Goddess seems to be based off Beatrice a beautiful woman who guided Dante through heaven. Demon could be based off the Geryon who had the body of a wryven the claws of a lion and the face of a man who dante rode on to get to the last two circles of hell. The Fiend could be based off satan. They both being trapped up to their waist in ice and who have similar body structures.
- Now that's a neat idea, especially considering the Divine Comedy is referenced in the final battle with Kefka as well. DoreikuKuroofangu 12:09, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
I haven't played the game in a while, so forgive me if I just have a shoddy memory, but I was under the impression that the Triad were all female? Or was just a Woolsey quirk? Firebird 13:43, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Woolsey quirk, the SNES release called them Goddesses, the GBA and original Japanese refer to them as gods without assigning genders. Though Goddess is quite clearly a female. Doreiku Kuroofangu 17:05, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't remember this in PlayStation, which AFAIAA is largely the same as SNES. So I assume this was changed for PS. 126.96.36.199 18:36, July 17, 2011 (UTC)
The Fiend looks like...[edit source]
Is it just me or does the "Fiend" look a lot like Garland from FF1 in Amano's artwork "Cloudsea Djinn"? Is his design based off this???
The article states that the Warring Triad are alternatively known as "goddesses". Uh... why? Does the article expect me to believe Demon and Fiend are female? Because no, I don't.